What do you want out of the Halo 4 multiplayer maps?

upton889

Me personally I would LOVE to see 343 come out with reinvented great classic maps as well as the new ones they have that seem promising for competitive play. I would really like to see them come out with a polished Lockout, Midship, and Warlock from Halo 2 as well as Guardian, The Pit, and Construct from Halo 3. I wouldn't even ask 343 to reinvent these maps as they are perfect the way they are. Maybe add some new cosmetic details here and there. What do you guys think? What maps would you like to see back, as well as ideas for new Halo 4 maps?

• Like 1

I think they should just make new maps. We've been playing on lockout and midship since Halo 2, enough is enough and let the classics die in peace.

There is a reason we've been playing on lockout and midship for so long. It's cause they are many peoples favorites and they were perfect. No spiritual remake is ever the same. Lockout and guardian were both amazing but I'd rather have both because they had the same style but still played very different

• Like 1

give us every old map and only a good amount of new ones!

They should make there own maps then release a DLC "Refresher Pack" containing all maps from past Halo's giving us plenty of new maps at launch and a huge amount of maps in a DLC.

That DlC file would be massive then, its like .5- a Gb for 3 map DLC, i think

There is a reason we've been playing on lockout and midship for so long. It's cause they are many peoples favorites and they were perfect. No spiritual remake is ever the same. Lockout and guardian were both amazing but I'd rather have both because they had the same style but still played very different

They should make there own maps then release a DLC "Refresher Pack" containing all maps from past Halo's giving us plenty of new maps at launch and a huge amount of maps in a DLC.

I agree with you guys completely. There IS a reason Midship, Lockout, etc. have been favorites for so long! These maps have some of the greatest battles and greatest gameplay. The DLC pack is a great idea! I feel like with Halo Reach the maps weren't well-designed for competition. Some of them almost seem too big for a typical 8 player game and some of them seem too... complex I guess. Like they tried to put too much into them. Too many hallways and too many levels to climb up to for each map. But I do enjoy Zealot and Countdown! Some of the best maps I've played on were the smaller maps and most of those had a simple and/or symmetrical design. I like to see great looks out of a map but as far as design goes, imo the more simple/symmetrical maps are the best ones!

Almost all of these maps should be something new. 1 or 2 remakes would be great but any more than that is sort of pushing it.

They should definitely make new ones as well as bring back the great throwbacks! I look forward to the new maps 343 has coming out and I'm glad to hear they're emphasizing competitiveness on the new ones!

They should definitely make new ones as well as bring back the great throwbacks! I look forward to the new maps 343 has coming out and I'm glad to hear they're emphasizing competitiveness on the new ones!

I definitely have no problem with older maps being remade but they have to do it right. For one they have to be remakes, none of this spiritual successor business. Two, only a few should come shipped with the game. If they want to remake any others, let it be DLC. I agree though, its wonderful that they are focusing on the maps being competitively designed. Its easy for casuals to have fun on a competitive map but not so much for competitive players to be able to play seriously on a casual map.

I'm just looking for something inventive. NOT FORGE MADE LIKE REACH. I mean the really great maps that stand out in my mind for halo 2 are lockout, midship, relic, ascension, foundation, gemini, headlong, ivory tower, sanctuary, terminal, warlock, turf, zanzibar... ****, they were all good. And, they were all VASTLY different. That's what the map pool needs.

• Like 1

gemini and warlock remake. everything else new... and foundry and sandbox remake.

I also want some just plain HUGE maps bigger than any other map so far... but for everything we have asked for halo 4 could be $80-$100 dollars, so I'll be happy with what ever the developers do.