No Beta Planned For Halo 4 Says 343

Spectral Jester

If you're hoping that you'll eventually be able to get your hands on Halo 4 through a pre-release multiplayer beta like Halo 3 and Halo: Reach before it, then you'd better think again. 343 Industries has confirmed that there are no plans for a Halo 4 multiplayer beta, as the developer will be "focused on polishing and shipping" the game.

"While we are testing Halo 4 code, gameplay, and systems at significant scale to get excellent data, input, and feedback, we are focused on polishing and shipping our experience for the duration of the year, and splitting resources to manage and build a beta is not on our schedule."

So, there you have it then. You'll be playing Halo 4 upon its release and no sooner, sadly. Halo 4 is out later in the year

Am I the only one that has a major issue with this? I mean yeah I trust 343 to a certain degree...but there are some bugs amongst other things, that can only be properly tested and discovered by the community. Do things ike BXR, Quad-shooting, super jumps, wall glitches and barrier breaking ring any bells? Not to mention the myriad of things that went undiscovered in Reach due to the relatively short Beta period.

• Like 1

Well hopefully they can fix the glitches without the community's help. I'd hate to see people stop playing Halo because of major problems because of no beta testing... Ex: Call of Duty MW3, They had to go back and fix so many things that could've been avoided had the community found the problems pre-release. :/

i wanted a beta. i'm to inpatiant. they should have had more gameplay videos by now

If their internal/private testing is big enough to get all the data that would normally be collected by a beta then I don't mind not having one. We will no doubt have leaked gameplay footage sometime before the game comes out and/or testers opinions on how the game feels/plays to dissect.

Am I the only one that has a major issue with this? I mean yeah I trust 343 to a certain degree...but there are some bugs amongst other things, that can only be properly tested and discovered by the community. Do things ike BXR, Quad-shooting, super jumps, wall glitches and barrier breaking ring any bells? Not to mention the myriad of things that went undiscovered in Reach due to the relatively short Beta period.

I 100% agree. There will without a doubt be MORE glitches if they dont have a beta. They can patch them as they are discovered but this could cause some early dissatisfaction. I don't see the harm of a multiplayer beta, only positive things.