Good competitive players PLEASE stand up !

popje

Every single time I start a game, there three categories of players: the noobs/casuals, the competitive players, and the good competitive players.

Noobs/casuals players vote for pretty much anything, with a preference for boardwalk, swordbase and non dmr games, elite slayers, juggernaut, infection they also like to use the armor lock and invisibility whenever they can.

Competitive players vote for what they like but couldnt care less if they start with a dmr or not, as long as its not a gametype or map they hate.

Good competitive players ALWAYS vote for dmr/pro games and mostly for countdown/zealot/powerhouse.

We have arena and MLG, true, but nothing to play alone or to play to practice. (because everyone would agree that playing MLG without a team of 4 or at least 3 is not really fun, and arenas alone are sometimes frustrating, especially if you dont have a mic or dont speak english)

There is two things we (competitive players) want:

-MLG FFA (or some competitive DMR only FFA with no armor lock/ camo)

-DMR only playlist (except MLG and arena, there no DMR only playlist)

im getting sick of these noob friendly updates.

Since 343 industries took control of Halo Reach, everything went much better than before and im really happy with that, its just that they dont seem to understand how the halo community is divided in 2 and why a lot of people quit halo since halo reach and also why halo isnt popular at MLG like it used to be.

Good competitive players are good players that play for fun but mostly to win, they dont want luck to be involved in the game and especially want a game that is fair. And I say good because im talking about good competitive players, you can be competitive but not like a lot of us are, good competitive players are onyx players and/or players with a k/d of 1.7+ in matchmaking (matchmaking = anything but arena/MLG) and im not talking about k/d wh0res, try hard kids and campers.

In halo 2/3, pretty much all gametypes were competitive, you had BR start game all the time, you had levels on almost all gametypes, you had no bloom. I dont want 343 industries to remake the entire game just for the small portion of good competitive players, but give us at least one of these two things

thank you for reading and sorry for my english

So many assumptions in this thread.. Let people play what they want to play. Not getting DMR starts? Find friends and play as a party to influence the vote. Also, K/D is not an accurate representation of skill. You bash on campers, yet that gives you a distinct advantage at all times. You know where they are. You seem like more of a "noob" than a good player anyways.

So many assumptions in this thread.. Let people play what they want to play. Not getting DMR starts? Find friends and play as a party to influence the vote. Also, K/D is not an accurate representation of skill. You bash on campers, yet that gives you a distinct advantage at all times. You know where they are. You seem like more of a "noob" than a good player anyways.

''Let people play what they want to play''

every game the good players vote for a dmr start and the noobs vote for a non dmr start.

im getting sick of that, I like to play alone, I dont want to be forced to play with a team if I want the gametypes I want.

Im removing the poll, I forgot how every halo players, no matter how bad they are, will think they are good competitive players making my poll pointless.

Im going to do an anylisis and prove it, good players vote for dmr and good, symetric, competitive maps and noobs vote for crap, all the time.

If you like infection, no problem, im not gonna play the playlist anyway, if you like grifball, same thing, but if you like elite slayer, non dmr boardwalk slayers, then, there should be a playlist so I dont play it. I love halo and I still manage to get a dmr start game most of the time when playing with my friend, but everytime we get a ton of noobs in our game, we're doomed, they will vote for everything except what we want, when I say WE I mean the real competitive players.

''Let people play what they want to play''

every game the good players vote for a dmr start and the noobs vote for a non dmr start.

im getting sick of that, I like to play alone, I dont want to be forced to play with a team if I want the gametypes I want.

Im removing the poll, I forgot how every halo players, no matter how bad they are, will think they are good competitive players making my poll pointless.

Im going to do an anylisis and prove it, good players vote for dmr and good, symetric, competitive maps and noobs vote for crap, all the time.

If you like infection, no problem, im not gonna play the playlist anyway, if you like grifball, same thing, but if you like elite slayer, non dmr boardwalk slayers, then, there should be a playlist so I dont play it. I love halo and I still manage to get a dmr start game most of the time when playing with my friend, but everytime we get a ton of noobs in our game, we're doomed, they will vote for everything except what we want, when I say WE I mean the real competitive players.

I actually think the DMR is a much more 'Casual' weapon that the Assault Rifle. It kills much quicker, has a scope, gets aim assist a lot further out, and indeed more aim assist overall. Plus you don't really need to control your trigger finger very much, as it stays fairly accurate no matter how much you spam it.

With the Assault Rifle, you get almost no aim assist or bullet magnetism beyond very close range, so anything further than a few metres and you're aiming completely manually - compare this with the DMR which can fire just about the entire length of Countdown while scoped and still have mechanical assistance. Plus, unless you're fighting at point-blank range you need to be very careful about how fast you fire as otherwise you won't be able to hit anything.

Face it. If you want to show how much of a 'Pro' you are, you should be using a weapon that doesn't give you help with aiming and which you need trigger discipline for. You should therefore be using the Assault Rifle, not a weapon that you barely have to aim, very powerful, and can hit targets from across the map with ease.

• Like 1

I actually think the DMR is a much more 'Casual' weapon that the Assault Rifle. It kills much quicker, has a scope, gets aim assist a lot further out, and indeed more aim assist overall. Plus you don't really need to control your trigger finger very much, as it stays fairly accurate no matter how much you spam it.

With the Assault Rifle, you get almost no aim assist or bullet magnetism beyond very close range, so anything further than a few metres and you're aiming completely manually - compare this with the DMR which can fire just about the entire length of Countdown while scoped and still have mechanical assistance. Plus, unless you're fighting at point-blank range you need to be very careful about how fast you fire as otherwise you won't be able to hit anything.

Face it. If you want to show how much of a 'Pro' you are, you should be using a weapon that doesn't give you help with aiming and which you need trigger discipline for. You should therefore be using the Assault Rifle, not a weapon that you barely have to aim, very powerful, and can hit targets from across the map with ease.

And an even better player, or "Pro" Player, is one who is able to use any weapon at any given time effectively, wouldn't you agree?

If what you are saying that they should put in defferent kinds of gametypes like DMRand pro playlists ans stuff I totally agree I'm not bad at halo (I get a lot of messages with content that claims I hack... Oh stop it you :3) but I like the normal assault rifle CQC batlles but everytime PRO playlists get all the votes so why not make a seperate playlist?

I got nothing against the assault rifle, especially with the bleed-through (that they removed unfortunately), Its the pistol, you have no choice to use it in long range because your not going to shoot with your AR from far away, the pistol have just enough (or almost) bullets to get 1 kill, if you spam the pistol, it is entirely based on luck and you have just enough bullets to kill 1 guy, its basically impossible to do a double kill by your own especially if you have no grenades. With the dmr, you can, there plenty of bullets, the bloom isnt that bad, the gun is not based on luck (well, much less) when you spam it, you have way more chance to survive with a DMR against power weapons than a pistol. Everytime the game start, everyone rush power weapons, its normal, if you dont have one, you are stuck with your pistol against people with DMR's and other power weapons, at least, when everyone start with a dmr, it is way more fair and this is all we (I) want, a game that is fair with the less luck possible involved.

And an even better player, or "Pro" Player, is one who is able to use any weapon at any given time effectively, wouldn't you agree?

I agree, but it doesnt mean I will play infection because im good at anything, it doesnt mean I prefer the pistol over the DMR because im good with it. Why do you think there no pistol/ar start in any MLG since halo 2 ? Because the DMR is more competitive than other guns that you may start with.

hahaha, funny joke, you think that ALL competitive players want what you want, im competitive yet i dont want that.

so next time dont include us

Dont want to be a ****, but go read again my definition of good competitive players.

You have 1.32 k/d, you never did any arenas, you mostly play big team battle, living dead and invasion.

you are not one of us. (and before someone say: speak for yourself, im talking about good competitive players who always vote for DMR/pro over anything else and I know there a ton)

If what you are saying that they should put in defferent kinds of gametypes like DMRand pro playlists ans stuff I totally agree I'm not bad at halo (I get a lot of messages with content that claims I hack... Oh stop it you :3) but I like the normal assault rifle CQC batlles but everytime PRO playlists get all the votes so why not make a seperate playlist?

this.

I got nothing against the assault rifle, especially with the bleed-through (that they removed unfortunately), Its the pistol, you have no choice to use it in long range because your not going to shoot with your AR from far away, the pistol have just enough (or almost) bullets to get 1 kill, if you spam the pistol, it is entirely based on luck and you have just enough bullets to kill 1 guy, its basically impossible to do a double kill by your own especially if you have no grenades. With the dmr, you can, there plenty of bullets, the bloom isnt that bad, the gun is not based on luck (well, much less) when you spam it, you have way more chance to survive with a DMR against power weapons than a pistol. Everytime the game start, everyone rush power weapons, its normal, if you dont have one, you are stuck with your pistol against people with DMR's and other power weapons, at least, when everyone start with a dmr, it is way more fair and this is all we (I) want, a game that is fair with the less luck possible involved.

You aren't supposed to be able to get double kills with the Pistol. It helps you defend yourself from respawn until you can find a better weapon. Also, don't complain that spamming it makes whether you get a kill or not entirely dependant on luck. That's what happens when you spam, and what is supposed to happen when you spam. Pace your shots and keep zoomed in and it's entirely possible to get kills with the pistol. Also, have you considered moving as a group with your team-mates? If you work together you can quite easily kill players with DMRs using nothing but Assault Rifles and Pistols.

Also, it's not difficult to beat a DMR user with your pistol. Just get in close to them. People don't complain when they get killed trying to snipe a Shotgun user at close range, so why they get frustrated losing to the DMR at mid-range always confuses me. The only real problem is that the DMR is effective at every range, especially without melee bleedthrough, so you don't even have to worry about being tactical with weapon selection.

It encourages map movement too, which the DMR doesn't. The DMR can fire across such long distances that it's not safe to move around on open maps - you've played Hemmorhage and Spire, you know exactly what I mean. Plus it's so powerful that there's no incentive to pick up other weapons - the Needler, the Needle Rifle, the Plasma Repeater, all are better than the Assault Rifle, but worse than the DMR. So you end up with a situation where everybody only uses the DMR, which just isn't fun.

I also don't like that players have a better chance to beat power weapon users with the DMR. That' the point of power weapons: you beat them through teamwork and getting better weaponry of your own, not just by respawning and immediately having a perfect gun for the job.

I agree, but it doesnt mean I will play infection because im good at anything, it doesnt mean I prefer the pistol over the DMR because im good with it. Why do you think there no pistol/ar start in any MLG since halo 2 ? Because the DMR is more competitive than other guns that you may start with.

Dont want to be a ****, but go read again my definition of good competitive players.

You have 1.32 k/d, you never did any arenas, you mostly play big team battle, living dead and invasion.

you are not one of us. (and before someone say: speak for yourself, im talking about good competitive players who always vote for DMR/pro over anything else and I know there a ton)

this.

Haha again thats funny, because i hardly ever play invasion, i last played infection, well i cant remember, long time ago. I plus i do pick DMR and arena...that proves nothing, its just the same as SWAT or somthing else.

Ps you havent played arena for a while so dont call me uncompetitive