I'm done

iilogic

So I thought they will finally learn to make a balanced game, but the system they have fails just like bungie's. When the f***will they learn that putting a party of four guys with mics against four randoms is like putting an inheritor in a 1v1 against a recruit (PLEASE, HALO IS TEAM BASED GAME, and team work is one of the most essential things in it, what is so damn hard to understand about that!!?)

The new super slayer playlist is the first thing I know that is 100% 343. Today I got online to realize that there was this new playlist, so I thought; ”why not give a try to what 343 is made of?” It turns out that, as always, I matched against a team of four and yet still managed to find my way to go positive with all the disadvantages but.... Still lost. ”Alright maybe it was bad luck, lets try again” *second game fails too* ”ahhhh!, lets try a couple more” *continuous fail of a match* ”( ._.) Who am I kidding, it's the same fail of a system as before”

I was so disappointed to find that one of the most essential things was not fixed yet (if squad slayer has the ”big parties will only match against big parties” thing, why not?) That I decided I'm simply not going to buy Halo4... After being here since Halo CE, I'm finally singing out of the Halo franchise, 343 was my last hope and they failed in such a simple & logical task.

*Note to nice members who don't understand: Don't waste your time with bs comments like: ”just don't play alone.” ● My friends have lifes, k. They're not 24/7 online, and when they are, they're not necessarily playing halo, and when they are, they're not going to be playing just with me. ●Sometimes I just like to play alone, the game is supposed to be enjoyable when you're alone too. ● the game doesn't comes with a warning that says ”warning, this game is a complete trash if you play it alone.”

Edited by Absolute Dog
Edited out negative, taunting language.

I can see why thats annoying,but that alone isnt a good enought reason to leave.That being said I Seriously doubt I'll be buying halo4,since from what 343 has announced it sounds atrocious,not to mention they managed to completely ruin btb heavies

They've announced very little. The things that they have announced have not yet even been explained in enough detail for anyone to understand how they work, or how they will fit into the game. We know so very little about Halo 4 and how it's going to turn out, even after the ViDoc, that it's ridiculous. Until they've gone into detail and explained how the features they're adding will affect the game and how it plays, until you've experienced how these features alter the gameplay first hand, until you've seen plenty of footage from, or played the final game for a considerable length, you can not give a properly educated opinion on it.

How have they ruined "BTB Heavies"? They just added it, and they designed it specifically to how they wanted it to play. If you dislike how it plays, you can simply play regular "BTB". Either that, or you can head over to the official Halo Waypoint forums and voice your complaints there. Change doesn't come about if you don't speak up!

• Like 4

They've announced very little. The things that they have announced have not yet even been explained in enough detail for anyone to understand how they work or how they will fit into the game. Don't write off the game before you've seen the final product in action, or you've actually played it. We know so very little on Halo 4, even after the ViDoc, that it's ridiculous.

Theres alot of things we Know that have me extremely worried,for example point based scoring,I despise it with all my being!Then they hinted at you being able to change your stats,likely done by choosing armor,which will just ruin customization because no one will do it too look cool,not to mention that will ruin balance.Then they think that custom load outs is a good idea,I mean do they even care about balance at all?

As for having to play it first,lol You dont have to play a game to know you dont like some of its features that you played in other games!

Then from a pure aesthetic point 343 seems to have absolutely no idea what halo looks like,instead they seem to be lookin at crysis for inspiration!Which is unforgivable!

As for btb heavy,I cant choose what other people vote for! and it doesnt matter if they designed it to play that way!It sucks!

• Like 1

Theres alot of things we Know that have me extremely worried,for example point based scoring,I despise it with all my being!Then they hinted at you being able to change your stats,likely done by choosing armor,which will just ruin customization because no one will do it too look cool,not to mention that will ruin balance.Then they think that custom load outs is a good idea,I mean do they even care about balance at all?

Then from a pure aesthetic point 343 seems to have absolutely no idea what halo looks like,instead they seem to be lookin at crysis for inspiration!Which is unforgivable!

Here is a quote from the newly released bulletin.

"The footage of MP you saw is taken from our internal Network test build and actually features a mashup of various game styles and UI elements, so don’t spend too much time trying to figure out what’s happening in it, because outside of surface elements, it’s not going to teach you a lot about any particular game mode. However, our new implementation of Slayer will score differently than the traditional 0-50 method of yore, and is one of 100 things we’ll share with you more deeply in the coming months."

When did they hint at you being able to change your stats? Can you pull up a specific quote or video in which they ever hinted at something like this? If you cannot, don't go around spreading rumours like this.

This points back to what I said earlier. They have given very very little information about what they've stated. You have absolutely no idea how these things will function in game. You have no idea how they're tweaking it, how they're balancing the game, and how they're making sure that everything fits well within the game. The community knows nothing about how these features are going to be implemented, so please stop assuming that just because they may be unbalanced in one game, that they're automatically going to be unbalanced in Halo 4. Have you no faith in 343industries? Have you no faith in their ability to make sure everyone has a balanced and enjoyable experience?

In my personal opinion, from what I have seen, it still looks like Halo. Everything that I saw in the multiplayer clips reminds me of Halo. There are perhaps a few, small similarities between the multiplayer models in the VidDoc and the suits from Crysis, but that is it. It's nothing to get yourself hot and bothered over.

• Like 3

If you don't like the game that is ok. But please don't make topics about you whinig about how much you don't like the game.

If you hate it so much, then I guess that its good your leaving.

• Like 1

Here is a quote from the newly released bulletin.

"The footage of MP you saw is taken from our internal Network test build and actually features a mashup of various game styles and UI elements, so don’t spend too much time trying to figure out what’s happening in it, because outside of surface elements, it’s not going to teach you a lot about any particular game mode. However, our new implementation of Slayer will score differently than the traditional 0-50 method of yore, and is one of 100 things we’ll share with you more deeply in the coming months."

When did they hint at you being able to change your stats? Can you pull up a specific quote or video in which they ever hinted at something like this?

This points back to what I said earlier. They have given very very little information about what they've stated. You have absolutely no idea how these things will function in game. You have no idea how they're tweaking it, how they're balancing the game, and how they're making sure that everything fits well within the game. The community knows nothing about how these features are going to be implemented, so please stop assuming that just because they may be unbalanced in one game, that they're automatically going to be unbalanced in Halo 4. Have you absolutely no faith in 343industries? Have you no faith that in their ability to make sure everyone has a balanced and enjoyable of an experience?

In my personal opinion, from what I have seen, it still looks like Halo. Everything that I saw in the multiplayer clips reminds me of Halo. There are perhaps a few, small similarities between the multiplayer models in the VidDoc and the suits from Crysis, but that is it. It's nothing to get yourself hot and bothered over.

"You will have a wide degree of control over your appearance, of course, but as we have hinted, there will also be elements of your ability and performance as a Spartan IV that you will have some control over, that will actually impact your gameplay experience, "From the Halo bulletin

I will still be watching the game,Im just not sold at all.

You keep pulling the "You havent played it!So you cant jusdge !" Thats bull crap,if were using that logic you cant be excited for games either since you havent played them!

And yes I lost all my faith in 343 with their updates and CEA.And why should I have any faith in them?They have done next to nothing right!

As for it looking like crysis,it does.When I showed my brother the clips he thought the same thing as well.

• Like 1

So I thought they will finally learn to make a balanced game, but the system they have fails just like bungie's. When the f***will they learn that putting a party of four guys with mics against four randoms is like putting an inheritor in a 1v1 against a recruit (PLEASE, HALO IS TEAM BASED GAME, and team work is one of the most essential things in it, what is so damn hard to understand about that!!?)

The new super slayer playlist is the first thing I know that is 100% 343. Today I got online to realize that there was this new playlist, so I thought; ”why not give a try to what 343 is made of?” It turns out that, as always, I matched against a team of four and yet still managed to find my way to go positive with all the disadvantages but.... Still lost. ”Alright maybe it was bad luck, lets try again” *second game fails too* ”ahhhh!, lets try a couple more” *continuous fail of a match* ”( ._.) Who am I kidding, it's the same fail of a system as before”

I was so disappointed to find that one of the most essential things was not fixed yet (if squad slayer has the ”big parties will only match against big parties” thing, why not?) That I decided I'm simply not going to buy Halo4... After being here since Halo CE, I'm finally singing out of the Halo franchise, 343 was my last hope and they failed in such a simple & logical task.

*Note to nice members who don't understand: Don't waste your time with bs comments like: ”just don't play alone.” ● My friends have lifes, k. They're not 24/7 online, and when they are, they're not necessarily playing halo, and when they are, they're not going to be playing just with me. ●Sometimes I just like to play alone, the game is supposed to be enjoyable when you're alone too. ● the game doesn't comes with a warning that says ”warning, this game is a complete trash if you play it alone.”

If you don't like multiplayer, then don't play it. The campaign is still fun, even after playing through it multiple times. If you don't like the campaign or multiplayer, then don't play the game. Ranting about how you hate 343Industries and the multiplayer of Reach won't accomplish anything except annoying people. Players like you just ruin it for other people. Goodbye and good riddance.

• Like 1

"You will have a wide degree of control over your appearance, of course, but as we have hinted, there will also be elements of your ability and performance as a Spartan IV that you will have some control over, that will actually impact your gameplay experience, "From the Halo bulletin

You keep pulling the "You havent played it!So you cant jusdge !" Thats bull crap,if were using that logic you cant be excited for games either since you havent played them!

And yes I lost all my faith in 343 with their updates and CEA.And why should I have any faith in them?They have done next to nothing right!

As for it looking like crysis,it does.When I showed my brother the clips he thought the same thing as well.

Did they ever say that it would affect multiplayer? They could just mean that it will affect the campaign and not multiplayer.

What I meant is that you cannot complain about features of which you have absolutely no real knowledge of. "... there will also be elements of your ability and performance as a Spartan IV that you will have some control over, that will actually impact your gameplay experience" Is that stating you're going to be able to change your stats? No, not really. We don't know exactly what they mean by that, and you're doing nothing but spreading rumour when you assume what it means.

What did they do wrong with Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary exactly? What was wrong with it? The graphics were great. The sounds were great. The remastered soundtrack was great. Everything about it, in my opinion, was great. (apart from the co-op, which lags like crazy for a lot of people) I happened to think it was a very well made remake of a classic gaming experience. They did not include the original multiplayer, but they've stated why they did not do this. It would push back the release of the game, and would require far too much effort to properly get working. They could not simply place the Halo: Combat Evolved multiplayer online. Have you ever played it over Xbox Connect? It's as laggy as sin, and that's about the same experience you would be getting if they simply made the multiplayer online enabled.

As I've said before, I've found only small similarities between the models from the Halo 4 clips and those of Crysis. A few shapes in the armour, perhaps the underlying suit that all Spartans wear, but that is it. It's purely opinion.

• Like 1

I hope thats what it is.

But sadly Im very skeptical,and sadly Im usually right.

Sadly, you also sound very arrogant and irritating. Nobody knows what it will be like except 343Industries and they're not telling us anything yet. Don't just assume that the way you think things will be is the way that they'll really be.

Mystic, that is an extremely valid point. Nothing was wrong with CEA, and maybe the armor and minute' things relate to Crysis.

When you play Halo, you don't try to think of how it relates to other games.

We just have to wait and see what 343i has in store for us.

What I meant is that you cannot complain about features of which you have absolutely no real knowledge of. "... there will also be elements of your ability and performance as a Spartan IV that you will have some control over, that will actually impact your gameplay experience" Is that stating you're going to be able to change your stats? No, not really. We don't know exactly what they mean by that, and you're doing nothing but spreading rumour when you assume what it means.

What did they do wrong with Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary exactly? What was wrong with it? I happened to think it was a very well made remake of a classic gaming experience. They did not include the original multiplayer, but they've stated why they did not do this. It would push back the release of the game, and would require far too much effort to properly get working. They could not simply place the Halo: Combat Evolved multiplayer online. Have you ever played it over Xbox Connect? It's as laggy as sin, and that's about the same experience you would be getting if they simply made the multiplayer online enabled.

As I've said before, I've found only small similarities between the models from the Halo 4 clips and those of Crysis. A few shapes in the armour, perhaps the underlying suit that all Spartans wear, but that is it. It's purely opinion.

Yes what i say is speculation,but by getting people worried and thinking about it the communty will start to think more and if 343 actually is listening then the game will not have these atrocious things were talking about.

Oh and point based scoreing isnt really speculation,you can easily figure out how it works by watching the clips.

Halo cea was a mediocre remake,they couldnt maintain the atmosphere at all,then there was continuity issues(reach stuff where it shouldnt be)

As for the Mp they gave the crappy excuse that Ce wasnt playable online,which is untrue(see pc version)

And if you look at the Br in H4 you can se massive similarites to the weapons in crysis and killzone,halo has always had a specific style when it came to weapons,something reach lost slightly,not to mention the Sp4's look like guys from section 8 if you mixed them with the guys from crysis

Yes what i say is speculation,but by getting people worried and thinking about it the communty will start to think more and if 343 actually is listening then the game will not have these atrocious things were talking about.

Oh and point based scoreing isnt really speculation,you can easily figure out how it works by watching the clips.

Halo cea was a mediocre remake,they couldnt maintain the atmosphere at all,then there was continuity issues(reach stuff where it shouldnt be)

As for the Mp they gave the crappy excuse that Ce wasnt playable online,which is untrue(see pc version)

And if you look at the Br in H4 you can se massive similarites to the weapons in crysis and killzone,halo has always had a specific style when it came to weapons,something reach lost slightly,not to mention the Sp4's look like guys from section 8 if you mixed them with the guys from crysis

I've already given you a quote in relation to the point based system that you saw in the clips. Please read over it again if need be.

What was wrong with the atmosphere in CEA? I found it to perfectly recreate every bit of the atmosphere from the original, if not improve upon it. (Apart from The Library and Two Betrayals). Continuity issues? Reach stuff where it shouldn't have been? Can you give me some examples of this? I played through the entire game, and everything seemed exactly how it was in the original. Now the models of some enemies and weapons were changed, but this wasn't a negative at all in my eyes. They look even better than they did in the original Combat Evolved, and I would rather see variations in the armour of the Elites (for example) than to see the same exact model with nothing but a simple colour swap. There were no added enemies, no added features, no added references to anything related to Reach in the game. The only other things that they added were skulls and terminals, and these are completely optional. You can ignore them if you so choose, and they won't have any severe impact on your gaming experience if you do so.

Halo PC was developed by Gearbox. It wasn't just a simple porting of the Xbox game to the PC with little to no changes in the transition from Xbox to PC. For the multiplayer they added in new weapons, created new menu interfaces, and built a system for it. They gave players the ability to create servers, set custom rules and maps, etc. They did not simply go "Hey, Halo: Combat Evolved is on the Xbox! Let's put it on the PC and not do anything to it!"

If they had given us the mutiplayer of Combat Evolved over Xbox Live like they did with co-op, it would be extremely laggy. There is no doubt about this. I've played Halo: CE over Xbox Connect, I know just how bad the lag can be.

• Like 2

I personally play by myself some of the time and I usually get positive K/D mayority of the time, so to put it bluntly without being mean about it, Either your not good at the game or you just have the most terrible luck...just saying.

I still don't get the point of posting on the forum if youre never going to play halo again, and I have never had a problem with the multiplayer, and I almost always play alone. if i lose it's no big deal. i play to have fun

• Like 1

Honostly, it's pretty hard to make a game, RESPECT THAT, sure you lose, so ******* what? It only makes you better.

Challenges, make you better. Don't quit the game because of 343, they're trying to fix the broken game, they just UPDATED the game, IMO, Bungie alone ruined the game after the Beta.

Respect how hard it is to make a game.