PLEASE DONT PUT ARMOR ABILITIES IN HALO 4!!!!

Vitam1nJ

I hated the armor abilities in reach.. i think it ruined the name of halo.. when i played reach it didnt even feel like i was playing halo... just put it back like halo3 where you have to pick up power drain,bubbleshield. overshield, camo etc... i just hope that this halo is better than reach..

• Like 5

It didn't ruin Halo. When you played Halo Reach, how on earth can it feel like you were not playing halo. Look at the box. It is halo. Just you have your head too far in the past - of pretty bad halos compared to reach, to see it properly. Armor abilities are great. They allow you to play more tactically and thoughtfully, as well as adding a fun element to the game.

With this kind of attitude you are much better off at the waypoint forums.

Anyway, welcome to the forums anyway.

• Like 3

It didn't ruin Halo. When you played Halo Reach, how on earth can it feel like you were not playing halo. Look at the box. It is halo. Just you have your head too far in the past - of pretty bad halos compared to reach, to see it properly. Armor abilities are great. They allow you to play more tactically and thoughtfully, as well as adding a fun element to the game.

With this kind of attitude you are much better off at the waypoint forums.

Anyway, welcome to the forums anyway.

Are you kidding me?

Play some competitive halo where this stuff actually matters, and then come back and tell me AAs are tactical and skillful.

• Like 1

Are you kidding me?

Play some competitive halo where this stuff actually matters, and then come back and tell me AAs are tactical and skillful.

You know what's skillful? Using everything that the game offers effectively and better than your opponent. Using all of the mechanics, weapons, items, etc. that the game provides to both out think and out play your opponent. That takes more skill than limiting yourself to just one or two weapons, a frag grenade, and taking out one of the major features provided to you in the game.

• Like 5

You know what's skillful? Using everything that the game offers effectively and better than your opponent. Using all of the mechanics that the game provides to both out think and out play your opponent. That takes more skill than limiting yourself to just one or two weapons, a frag grenade, and taking out one of the major features provided to you in the game.

No. Just no.

I hate to say this (because it does sound arrogant), but you don't play competitive halo, and thus you have no idea what 'skill' in halo (and general gaming) actually is, and how it always has been. There's a reason why DOOM/Halo are rated as more skillful than Battlefield/COD.

No. Just no.

I hate to say this (because it does sound arrogant), but you don't play competitive halo, and thus you have no idea what 'skill' in halo (and general gaming) actually is, and how it always has been. There's a reason why DOOM/Halo are rated as more skillful than Battlefield/COD.

Do you have any idea what Mystic plays and doesn't play? You can't even provide a reasonable argument as to why they shouldn't be in Halo, apart from the good old "it isn't Halo," which is clearly incorrect, which can be proven by looking at the box. How are they not more skillful. If it was you, a DMR, a frag grenade and thats it, do you think you would win against someone who is great at using Amour Lock, for example, or Jet pack?

Are you kidding me?

I'm definitely not kidding you.

Play some competitive halo? Why? I want to play to have fun, but play to win at the same time. But just for you, I went and played some MLG. Sure, it was fun. I'm going to say it was boring. I saw a person, and we both spammed the DMR at each other's heads, until one of us was victorious. This d didn't require a huge amount of skill. I then hopped into a game of team slayer, and ran armour lock. Oh, hang on a minute. I'm correctly using armour lock to not take damage from grenades. This enables me to take out my opponent - which is more skillful?

Derp.

i am glad that the br is coming back instead of that garbage a** dmr...

Why is the DMR so bad? Give me a good reason. I love the single shot capabilities of the DMR. It is accurate and fun to use. Not only that but I like how it sounds, how it looks and how it feels.

I'm definitely not kidding you.

Play some competitive halo? Why? I want to play to have fun, but play to win at the same time. But just for you, I went and played some MLG. Sure, it was fun. I'm going to say it was boring. I saw a person, and we both spammed the DMR at each other's heads, until one of us was victorious. This d didn't require a huge amount of skill. I then hopped into a game of team slayer, and ran armour lock. Oh, hang on a minute. I'm correctly using armour lock to not take damage from grenades. This enables me to take out my opponent - which is more skillful?

Derp.

Hahaha.

You are very naive.

Nice going on being an ass too for no reason.

Do you have any idea what Mystic plays and doesn't play? You can't even provide a reasonable argument as to why they shouldn't be in Halo, apart from the good old "it isn't Halo," which is clearly incorrect, which can be proven by looking at the box. How are they not more skillful. If it was you, a DMR, a frag grenade and thats it, do you think you would win against someone who is great at using Amour Lock, for example, or Jet pack?

I checked her stats to see, and it told me all I needed to know.

I already provided arguments and examples in other threads, try reading them.

And as a matter of fact, if you took a look at my reach stats, I destroy people who abuse AAs all the time. You know what though? it's still boring and annoying to have to deal with them, as all it does is slow down gameplay.

How am I the naive one here? You are the one stuck in the past, sticking to your old Halo games. Well wake up pal. This is the 2012. Not 2001.

You still haven't given a good reason why the shouldn't be in Halo.

I already provided arguments and examples in other threads, try reading them.

And as I stated before, the numbers tell you everything. Compared to the older games, Reach is the most unpopular one to date, in terms of the number of players online. That says it all.

Halo isn't dying slowly. The community is thriving. I never said everyone loves AAs. I don't love them, however I don't think that including them has ruined Halo Reach, and destroyed Halo forever.

Compared the numbers from halo 3 to Reach?

H3 had a huge population for *years*. Reach has trouble sustaining a fraction of that for barely a year after release.

No. Just no.

I don't have to constantly play competitive to understand what true skill is. What's the reason? Please tell me how using just a DMR or BR (and maybe a pistol), a frag grenade, and nothing else requires more skill than being able to properly and effectively use everything the game offers better than your opponent. I'd love to hear your reasons. Please tell me how limiting yourself to one or two weapons and a frag takes more skill than being able to use every weapon and feature in the game effectively and to outplay your opponent depending on the situation. Please tell me how it's not more skillful the be able to use everything within the game correctly and better than your opponent does, and how it's more skillful to use maybe one or two weapons and a frag.

You limit yourself to just a BR or DMR, maybe a pistol, and a frag grenade. You use nothing but those for the entire match, or for every match you play. Tell me, how is that more skillful than learning how to properly use every weapon and mechanic in the game, and to use these things to beat your opponents in different situations, as well as being able to use them to overcome others? You learn how to use one or two weapons, and how to use frag grenades. Meanwhile I learn how to use every weapon and mechanic in the game to overcome different situations. How is it that I'm not the one practicing the more skillful playstyle? How is it that I'm not the more skilled player, even though I've learned how to use every weapon properly, every mechanic properly, and have learned just how and when I should use these things?

• Like 2

Well I enjoyed the armor abilities to an extent but I mostly favored the sprint if you guys have problem with everything else then just admit that at least one ability was good. Cause the whining is getting annoying...
I admit that I didn't like the sprint ability (sorry dude) because I'm not very good with it and when I use it I somehow run into more covenant. I liked the armor lock and drop shield ability best I'm good with those, and the drop shield is just like the bubble shield just it heals you (if you didn't know that) where as the bubble shield just protected you from gun fire and explosives. My point is that in halo 4 I only want the armor lock and drop shield abilities as well as completely new abilities.