Team killing has become a major problem

KAC 361

I just wanted to start this topic in order to vent my frustration at the major epidemic that is team killing. How many of us have suffered a match on Hemmorrhage, in which we obtain the sniper rifle at the beginning of the match. Only to be struck down by your own team mate immediately after.

This is such a huge and out of control problem that it's not even funny. So I encourage all my fellow Reach players to rise up and take a stand to this. I really hope that 343 is aware of this ongoing issue, and find a way to resolve the problem for Halo 4, ie please do away with friendly fire. Every other shooter has.

Yeah, actually many people feel the same way. Team killing is abusive, and it should/could be removed. I can't tell you how many times someone has sniped my Revenant purposely (leaving me with just enough health to survive) and then watch gleefully as the enemy team destroys it to bits.

P.S. I think I saw you in a matchmaking game yesterday :P. You were against me and Hunterex12, and some other people...remember?

• Like 1

Yeah, actually many people feel the same way. Team killing is abusive, and it should/could be removed. I can't tell you how many times someone has sniped my Revenant purposely (leaving me with just enough health to survive) and then watch gleefully as the enemy team destroys it to bits.

P.S. I think I saw you in a matchmaking game yesterday :P. You were against me and Hunterex12, and some other people...remember?

Yes, or they see you get damaged and they shoot you and they get the person you were fighting gets the kill and if you had the sniper, they come up and take it, acting all butthurt.

• Like 1

I am against turning off friendly fire. It is part of what helps players to control their play with rockets, grenades and various other weapons with a larger blast radius. I feel that if 2 team mates and myself are in close proximity to an enemy and his team mate fires a rocket or drops a well placed "nade" that his team mate should receive the same damage. The boot system appears to work most of the time for me, but I understand team killing is definitely an issue.

There are a few ways you can deal with it to lessen it's impact on you in game and possibly find a sense of justice. If killed for a weapon, I will let the first one pass, usually, and just play on like nothing happened. I know that is a tough one, but realizing there are players who do it and whatever you do in game won't stop it, may help you take the higher road. Always report, always give a negative review. It does, after time, reduce the amount of players they will be matched with. It proves very effective in the lower numbers in Halo 3 for example. It works. Second, if I am not 100% sure it was intentional, I again let it go. Third, even when intentional I realize I may be the wrong target of a retaliation betrayal and give them a free pass and move on. I can do this because I have been guilty of unintentional betrayals where the team mate has no mic to hear my apology and may miss my "apologetic crouching" afterwards. Try your best to be the better player. Reacting is sometimes what the betrayer wants, it may humor them.

Besides, if deliberately betrayed for say, a sniper rifle, if I choose, I wait until they take damage and finish them and collect the weapon again. Not exactly the "high road" but hey, it gets to me sometimes too.

• Like 2

I hate it when you get a weapon or vehicle that is awesome and a teammate kills you for beating him to it.But like A-Dog said if you shoot a rocket at someone and a teammate is right beside the guy you are shooting at Both of them should receive the amount of Damage that they are supposed to receive.

Well, this days I was trying to get a Perfection on BTB.. Ok, I sniped 15 guys and hide myself on a good 'shelter'. But i let my NO-AMMO sniper as second weapon so a guy thoght I was AFK with a sniper and he killed me to get it. So i lost my perfection and rage-quited the game.

That's why I hate friendly fire.

Well, this days I was trying to get a Perfection on BTB.. Ok, I sniped 15 guys and hide myself on a good 'shelter'. But i let my NO-AMMO sniper as second weapon so a guy thoght I was AFK with a sniper and he killed me to get it. So i lost my perfection and rage-quited the game.

That's why I hate friendly fire.

No personal disrespect intended here, but hiding after 15 kills before a game is over is not a perfection. It may look like one in your stats, but a perfection is playing the game all the way through for your team, not hiding for some personal stat.

No personal disrespect intended here, but hiding after 15 kills before a game is over is not a perfection. It may look like one in your stats, but a perfection is playing the game all the way through for your team, not hiding for some personal stat.

Well, it was actually a friend's challenge and I'm not a pretty skilled player to make a good perfection so yea, i was hidden lol :(

• Like 1

Yes, It's the most annoying and stupidest situation to deal with online. In Halo 3, randoms shoot me for no reason, which results in a game loss. People shoot me when I grab the Sniper Rifle, then killing me (That right there pisses me off!). People are stupid, that's something we're going to have to deal with as a lot of us have been throughout the years, real life and gaming. They should make sure to add something that doesn't allow teammates to hurt eachother.

I think that if at all possible, 343 should make it to where friendly fire damage is reduced by half with weapons and make pummels against teammates 0% damage( because who honestly melees someone accidentally twice) Splatter damage should still remain though.

It definitely is a problem, but I just tend to let karma do its job :D There was a BTB match where a fellow teammate was attempting to kill me. I was still paying attention to my surroundings and noticed an enemy ghost thinking he could get a couple splatter kills, so I jumped out of the way while my teammate was still shooting at me and BAM, the team killer got splattered. I teabagged him and he proceeded to quit the game. Karma FTW :thumbsup:

I am against turning off friendly fire.

Have to agree with A-Dog on this.

I'm not trying to insult anyone. I just find friendly-fire to be a great humbler. And as A-Dog suggested: we should keep friendly-fire in mind when we get our hands on a SPNKr or decide to Nade-spam into close-quarters.

For example (story time!), in one match on Countdown I had been tracking a lone-wolf Red and decided I had the timing down perfectly to Nade him. I counted back from 3 in my head and tossed a frag through the door he was about to run by. Well, the nade blasted him into a wall and that's when I saw a blur of blue go flying by, followed immediately by "Betrayal". I guess my teammate was following the Red and besides damaging him, she had taken a bit of damage as well, and I never caught her IFF tag floating along the walls. +0 for Blue Team thanks to Father Bullet. Lesson learned. I apologized to her. We both had a good laugh. Then we kept playing. From then on I made sure to call out my nades, and quickly double-check to ensure I'm not about to blow-up one of my own.

Another reason: Friendly-fire is realistic. The more reality there is in Halo, the more fun and interesting it is to me.

Also, I always try to have a partner to buddy-up with in Teams. That way, if one of my other teammates tries to betray either of us, I have somebody who will back me up if it happens again (I let the first time slide). And if my chosen buddy happens to be a betrayer, well I just make sure to laugh mighty heartily into my mic when I see him get pwned.

Anyway! Good gaming, and Twam be with you! :smiling:

I played a BTB match the other day, I nabbed the sniper at the start, and sure enough a team mate was hot on my tail trying to kill me for it. But this time I brought my friend with me to watch my back. He quickly backed down when he realized that he would have to mess with two of us this time.

I then followed up by submitting a negative player feedback report.