84 Detailed Halo 4 Game Play Screen Shots and Interviews!

Spartan IV,they should atleast give an excuse for changing the armor like that,Master Chief was in deep sleep,his armor cant change.We want the old Spartan VI armor!

A member mentioned that the Chief was awakened during his cryo sleep once during the voyage though space. The member was annoyed about it because it marred the cannon of that story. Maybe this was when the upgrade was done. I will link the thread when I find it.

>>>>>>>>>I found the thread. This is the link.

Edited by Absolute Dog
Added link to members OP.

A member mentioned that the Chief was awakened during his cryo sleep once during the voyage though space. The member was annoyed about it because it marred the cannon of that story. Maybe this was when the upgrade was done. I will link the thread when I find it.

>>>>>>>>>>I found the link thread. Here is the link.

You just reminded me of this. I think it is a good explanation.

Edited by Absolute Dog
Edited in the link to my quoted text.

Does anyone else think this picture:

Resembles the area of this picture?:

I don't see any similarities, Dan. :no

What I see:

• The background in the first image looks to be the ridge of a rock or sandstone formation in a desert.

• The second image depicts the tops of many Forerunner structures, but no obvious terrain.

Sorry. :(

I don't see any similarities, Dan. :no

What I see:

• The background in the first image looks to be the ridge of a rock or sandstone formation in a desert.

• The second image depicts the tops of many Forerunner structures, but no obvious terrain.

Sorry. :(

:( You're right now that I really look at it.

a>

try downloading this picture and opening it in paint. It makes it bigger. Sorry

Interesting, the feet look really big like an Elite but the body looks too skinny like that of the Spartan IVs. I think the boots of the Spartan IVs are big and the black thing next to the left boot is not part of the boot but a weapon.

I noticed in the bottom right on the team indicators that one team has a unicorn and the other has a wolf. This could be what Frankie was talking about when he said they were giving red vs blue a point or a reason to be fighting. Just pointing it out.

• Like 1

Could be faction emblems, CoD does something similar in the way that different maps pit different factions from the campaign against each other. Its likely to be part of the explantion for RvB like kurt said. Perhaps they could be clans with their own emblems?

I noticed this when the video was first released and mentioned it in the First Look thread, but it never went anywhere.

I would prefer those symbols to be hinting at clans but I wouldn't be surprised if it was just set symbols based on what the map is. I'm wondering if it will show player icons in FFA or what it will show if there are more than two teams playing.

I noticed in the bottom right on the team indicators that one team has a unicorn and the other has a wolf. This could be what Frankie was talking about when he said they were giving red vs blue a point or a reason to be fighting. Just pointing it out.

I honestly believe that those are just emblems. Picture this, each individual player can customize an emblem as in the previous few games. This emblem they create pops up next to their teams score. now as for the other team, that may be the emblem of the MVP of the other team. Actually, the emblem for your team could be your teams MVP as well. just a thought...

Master Chief has an AA on his back in the very first screen shot. Has anybody noticed that? Or what do you guys think? Because in the MP screen shots the Spartans don't have AA.

Yeah I didn't see anyone else talking about Chief's Armour Ability slot which you can clearly see..

Derp! it's confirmed, the covenant are back. Elites, grunts, and jackals are confirmed, along with marine AI companions (think Halo from CE).

AR (has bloom), DMR, BR, Pistols (magnum), "sticky pistol", shotgun, sniper, rocket launcher, plasma pistol, carbine, "assault carbine", along with Armor abilities such as Jetpack, Hologram, and active camo. Sprint is a default ability similar to Many Other Shooters. A new AA called "Forerunner vision" is making an appearance, which is a short-range material-bypass enhanced vision system. It is an anti-camp measure (of which there are many in halo 4, which I will go on to explaining) that outlines enemy hostiles (ODST's VISR style) through, you guessesd it, walls.

The 2 things that i consider to be the most controversial are "random weapon drops" and "instant respawning". Random weapon dropping is pretty self-explanitory, but here's how it goes. NO MORE SPECIFIC WEAPON MAP CONTROL. Power weapons are now dropped Firefight style into the battlefield at random points designated by a Drop Marker (forge piece similar to flag stands). A sound will also announce the approaching weapon drop to let players know when they spawn. These are for heavy weapons only (rocket launcher, FRG, ect...) and not weapons such as shotguns, grenade launchers, ect...

Spawning has also been implemented into a call-of-duty method, where players double-tap "X" to respawn intantly. This may just break objective-based games such as 2-flag, (speculation) i'm almost sure that this is a slayer-specific feature, and that 343i will give us the tools needed to remove almost all of the additions to make a more "classic" experience.

Loadout are also confirmed, but i have a feeling that they'll most likely be in Reach's style in Matchmaking. This means that there will be loadouts with several differen Armor Abilites to choose from, but not different weapons

In order to get a classic Halo experience, I feel that Forge and the custom game creator will be more important than ever before.

I'm not going to judge the game just quite yet, until i know a bit more (i see a full match if gameplay, unedited) so until then, i'll remain a hopeful skeptic that these changes just might work..