Halo 4 Fall Damage or No fall Damage

General PWNFACE

Fall Damage or No Fall Damage  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be Fall Damage or not in Halo 4?

oh dear god I hope theres no fall damage, I play halo like its an arcade game rather than a simulation, it makes the shooter feel like a sport rather than war... which is hot.

unless they can include fall damage in a way that keeps the arcade feel of halo 3, baby jesus would cry

@ryu hayabusa, the reach charaters were not spartans

People against fall damage = Dumb people who jumped off cliffs one too many times.

People ilwith fall damage = people who know better enough not to make a leap of faith off the side of something..

Anyways, whether you like it or not, fall damage is in Halo 4.

Suck it up.

Edited by Total Mayh3m
to remove language.
  • Like 1

People against fall damage = Dumb people who jumped off cliffs one too many times.

People ilwith fall damage = people who know better enough not to make a leap of faith off the side of something..

Anyways, whether you like it or not, fall damage is in Halo 4.

Suck it up.

this guy has the right idea. Edited by Total Mayh3m
removing language from quote.

Yes, fall damage should be in the game. It makes the game a bit more challenging and interesting.

And it makes sense to have it in the game, since you're playing as Spartan IV Soldiers, not Spartan II like the Chief is.

So maybe in campaign it should be out, since there you're still the Chief and i don't see why he would take fall damage now with his updated armor when he didn't with the old one, but in War Games and Spec Ops, fall damage should be on

Honestly, fall damage doesn't bother me. It makes sense that if you fall off of something that it would hurt you. However, dying from it is a bit... off. We've watched at least two different Spartans (SII and SIII) fall from space and barely limp afterwards, so falling off of something that's about a quarter of the height of a skyscraper and dying is ridiculous.

• Like 1

Honestly, fall damage doesn't bother me. It makes sense that if you fall off of something that it would hurt you. However, dying from it is a bit... off. We've watched at least two different Spartans (SII and SIII) fall from space and barely limp afterwards, so falling off of something that's about a quarter of the height of a skyscraper and dying is ridiculous.

But Noble 6 had an M-spec re-entry designed designed to make him/her survive. As a matter of fact, even an unaugmented marine could have probably used a re-entry unit properly and saved their life.

But Noble 6 had an M-spec re-entry designed designed to make him/her survive. As a matter of fact, even an unaugmented marine could have probably used a re-entry unit properly and saved their life.

yeah that is when there armor locks up, and stops them from taking fall damage, i dont no whats worse, falling a couple feet and having my sheilds go down one inch, or having all my armor lock up, and stay like that for a couple of hours

I've said this many times before. If 343 is emphasizing this experience of being this beast mode super soldier then why should a spartan be damaged by a fall? Doesn't make sense.

you are still human, even in that armor, heres an idea, take something solid that cant break, like a safe, then put some grapes or some type of soft fruit, then drop that safe a distance that the safe remains closed and sealed, then open safe, what happend to the in sides

this guy has the right idea.

Yep

I don't want it, anybody get the black screen when you're going up to the top of the spire from one of the gravity lifts and when youre back in the match you just fall it, annoys the life out of me lol anyways I think it takes away from the game.

this has never happend to me, and if it did i have jet pack so yeah i win.

oh dear god I hope theres no fall damage, I play halo like its an arcade game rather than a simulation, it makes the shooter feel like a sport rather than war... which is hot.

unless they can include fall damage in a way that keeps the arcade feel of halo 3, baby jesus would cry

@ryu hayabusa, the reach charaters were not spartans

and you just dont need to be on the forum in the first place.

So to finish off, halo 4 has fall damage, its not as bad at reach but it is still there, so when you jump off a cliff you are going to die, end of story. also heres an idea for all those people out there who hate falling damage in reach, two words: Jet-Pack, you jump off a cliff, you can go and stop your momentum, just so you know, so yeah my opinion on fall damage is it should be there, why no sure halo is more arcade style but it still needs to make sence, halo is one of the biggest franchises (spelling sorry) ever so, yeah everything has to make sence, and if you still dont want fall damage think of this, Spartan II's can't take fall damage, for what ever reason, there you have it, now stop complaining

you are still human, even in that armor, heres an idea, take something solid that cant break, like a safe, then put some grapes or some type of soft fruit, then drop that safe a distance that the safe remains closed and sealed, then open safe, what happend to the in sides

Yes, in the suit you are still human, that is true. But Master Chief with the armor weighs almost 1000 lbs. Do you think that him being human makes any difference in how strong, or fast he is, or how much he can take damage? If 343 was going for realism then I would predict they would make a game like Call Of Duty or Battlefield. When Master Chief runs into something with a Warthog, or runs into a wall head on, of course that would hurt your average human, but it's Halo. It's based in the future and not supposed to be realistic.

Drop a tank from 300 feet, now you have your answer.

A tank is not a super soldier who can take unreal amounts of damage. I'm not saying spartans should be able to survive that kind of fall but they shouldn't be affected on reasonable falls of 30-40 feet or so.

Yes, in the suit you are still human, that is true. But Master Chief with the armor weighs almost 1000 lbs. Do you think that him being human makes any difference in how strong, or fast he is, or how much he can take damage? If 343 was going for realism then I would predict they would make a game like Call Of Duty or Battlefield. When Master Chief runs into something with a Warthog, or runs into a wall head on, of course that would hurt your average human, but it's Halo. It's based in the future and not supposed to be realistic.

A tank is not a super soldier who can take unreal amounts of damage. I'm not saying spartans should be able to survive that kind of fall but they shouldn't be affected on reasonable falls of 30-40 feet or so.

No, but a tank is a super vehicle capable of taking extreme amounts of damage, not the same thing, but an identical concept.

they are still HUMAN, the laws of gravity effect everyone, so if they can fall 100 feet and live in halo 3, then how come a warthog can kill you, exactly last im i checked, a warthog, which is 2000 lbs hitting you at 30mph kills you, but falling 100ft in 1000lb armor doesn't not, that sounds like a load of crap to me, think realism, too a super soldier they are strong, they are fast, but they are not unkillable, plus if you want to go farther in detail, then spartan II's where kid's that where trained for only becoming a spartan, and nothing else, complared to, spartan IV's which are not, in fact most of them were ODST's and other high ranking officers, so yeha, i guess if you have to win, master cheif doesn't have fall damage, but i dont care about him consitering you cant play him, in any game mode you would care about fall damage that much

Spartan II's can fall from "really freaking high" because their armor is almost advanced enough to drop from orbit with no K.O. But their armor isn't quite 1000lbs. It's only about 800.

Even an 800 pound man getting hit by a 3.25 ton vehicle will be killed. 3.25 tons=6,500 pounds. That much weight will kill a spartan II. Not to mention a smaller, lighter Spartan III or an even smaller and lighter Spartan IV.

This whole argument is pretty much invalid.

Spartan II's can fall from "really freaking high" because their armor is almost advanced enough to drop from orbit with no K.O. But their armor isn't quite 1000lbs. It's only about 800.

Even an 800 pound man getting hit by a 3.25 ton vehicle will be killed. 3.25 tons=6,500 pounds. That much weight will kill a spartan II. Not to mention a smaller, lighter Spartan III or an even smaller and lighter Spartan IV.

This whole argument is pretty much invalid.

spartan IV's are more advanced period, they are stronger faster, and better, but if you where to some how rip a spartan II out of the suit with out killing them, then they are better, there armor is better because they are fused to it, but don't hate on the spartan IV's because we haven't heard enough about them. and with your thing about about spartan II's falling from orbit the only way they can survive is them locking up there armor, which you wont want to do in halo 4, anyways, sure you survive a super high jump, but now your stuck there for like 5 minutes, not saying your not right about the vehicles, but just saying that fall damage would be more than a vehicle

spartan IV's are more advanced period, they are stronger faster, and better, but if you where to some how rip a spartan II out of the suit with out killing them, then they are better, there armor is better because they are fused to it, but don't hate on the spartan IV's because we haven't heard enough about them. and with your thing about about spartan II's falling from orbit the only way they can survive is them locking up there armor, which you wont want to do in halo 4, anyways, sure you survive a super high jump, but now your stuck there for like 5 minutes, not saying your not right about the vehicles, but just saying that fall damage would be more than a vehicle

Spartan IV's are not stronger, only faster and more agile. They are volunteers from different branches of the military. Their augmentations are less, their armor is cheaper, but it is light and faster. Halo 4 fall damage is very present. Besides, put a Spartan IV and a Spartan II in a wrestling ring and let them at it. The Spartan II will rip the poor Spartan IV apart. I am not hating on Spartan IV's at all. I am stating the facts that tell us that they can be sent to Hades by a Spartan II.

Where do you get the notion that Spartan II's are fused to their armor in any way? Their armor is just as much to them as it is to a Spartan IV. They can remove it, modify it, and just not use it as they wish. Just like a Spartan IV.

Spartans falling from orbit? I said "almost advanced enough" meaning you overlooked my comments and that statement technically had no purpose. I know they have to lock up their armor. If a Spartan had MJOLNIR Mk VII armor, they could drop from orbit and start killing. Since AFAWK they have Mk VI, fall damage is, again, very present.

Spartan IV's are not stronger, only faster and more agile. They are volunteers from different branches of the military. Their augmentations are less, their armor is cheaper, but it is light and faster. Halo 4 fall damage is very present. Besides, put a Spartan IV and a Spartan II in a wrestling ring and let them at it. The Spartan II will rip the poor Spartan IV apart. I am not hating on Spartan IV's at all. I am stating the facts that tell us that they can be sent to Hades by a Spartan II.

Where do you get the notion that Spartan II's are fused to their armor in any way? Their armor is just as much to them as it is to a Spartan IV. They can remove it, modify it, and just not use it as they wish. Just like a Spartan IV.

Spartans falling from orbit? I said "almost advanced enough" meaning you overlooked my comments and that statement technically had no purpose. I know they have to lock up their armor. If a Spartan had MJOLNIR Mk VII armor, they could drop from orbit and start killing. Since AFAWK they have Mk VI, fall damage is, again, very present.

when do spartans ever take off the armor, i've never seen or heard of it, thats why im saying that the spartan II's are fused to the armor, well its more like their spine is, how else do you think that stuff moves,

we are not sure the the power or strength yet on the spartan IV's so we really cant argue that, guess we will have to wait and see, all i know is those spartans like you said are faster and lighter, those to go together yes, but who knows what Halsey has come up with, maybe they are stronger too, just saying, i know that they are stronger that III's thats something we can all agree with here, 0

and im sorry for not see ing almost in the first comment