The March Forge Contest!

Absolute Dog

Im confused on how showing you our clean slate will insure that we aren't taking a map.

Couldn't we just invite you, then when you leave steal a map?

Btw I want to join this contest. Looks like fun.

Ill draw my idea in school tommorow

And also. You have to make the map on pillar. But can it be enclosed and floating?

Im confused on how showing you our clean slate will insure that we aren't taking a map.

Couldn't we just invite you, then when you leave steal a map?

Btw I want to join this contest. Looks like fun.

Ill draw my idea in school tommorow

And also. You have to make the map on pillar. But can it be enclosed and floating?

Personally, if I ever make the jump to a conclusion about another person for "stealing" I would at the very least get to know them or ask about them. With that said, send me a PM when you are ready to enter the contest. For future reference, don't insinuate someone as a "thief" when they hold the very life line you exist in this forum by. Be thankful I am one of the good guys.

Personally, if I ever make the jump to a conclusion about another person for "stealing" I would at the very least get to know them or ask about them. With that said, send me a PM when you are ready to enter the contest. For future reference, don't insinuate someone as a "thief" when they hold the very life line you exist in this forum by. Be thankful I am one of the good guys.

Im not intending on stealing a map. I was just confused on your security of this. I wasn't at all directing any of that statement towards you, I was just confused on the entering rules.

Sigh...im not making a very good first impression on you am I?

There's definitely been a misunderstanding there - he was just asking what you were going to do that ensured people wouldn't be able to simply invite you to Forge World and then just send you a different map that had already been built beforehand. I think maybe he was worried that if he already has a suitable map built, someone else could say it was theirs and upload it instead. It's definitely the sort of trick my brother would try, if he were on here!

Im not intending on stealing a map. I was just confused on your security of this. I wasn't at all directing any of that statement towards you, I was just confused on the entering rules.

Anyway, what will happen is you'll invite Absolute Dog to you game, and he will check it to make sure it's empty. Afterwards, he'll hide a few items somewhere on the map, and after that you can build your level. When you submit the finished version, he'll check the places where he hid the objects to check they're actually there, which prevents you from just submitting a map that's already been made.

Anyway, welcome to the forums and best of luck in the contest!

• Like 1

AD, me and Hunterex12 are practically finished. Do we need to do anything else too like send pics and stuff?

Just make sure your map works. Check your spawn time and ammo loads on all weapons. If unsure of these features, just go into Sword Base in forge mode and look at the weapon spawn times and ammo loads used there. Maybe invite some friends in to play it to help ensure things work. Other than that, just PM me the link for the map, some screen shots and a description of your map.

You' re fine. It just sounded like you were questioning my integrity. The maps, when completed, are sent to me via a PM. I need a link, screen shots and description of the map. I am the only one who sees the map unless you have friends test it with you for game play. One the final night, after the maps are all submitted, I create the thread for the vote. Members do, and are allowed, to ask me into thier map to ensure it is meeting the requirements.

Just make sure your map works. Check your spawn time and ammo loads on all weapons. If unsure of these features, just go into Sword Base in forge mode and look at the weapon spawn times and ammo loads used there. Maybe invite some friends in to play it to help ensure things work. Other than that, just PM me the link for the map, some screen shots and a description of your map.

Okay, this thing ends on the 18th, right? To ensure everything is PERFECT we should be done by the 16th or 17th.

I wish me and Hunterex12 could actually work TOGETHER. I'm the only one ever working on it and he barely gets online, and when he does he's playing Battlefield 3! AD, Sorry for posting so much in this thread, but I'm truly (once again) wondering if me and him are even partners.

Ugh...so much emotions and conflicts with this contest. AD, we're done with the map. We settled on that. All that's left too, is to just send the pics and link to you. Only thing I might ask though is HOW to send them. please respond back to this soon.

All that's left too, is to just send the pics and link to you. Only thing I might ask though is HOW to send them. please respond back to this soon.

One of you send a PM to Absolute Dog with Images and description of map.

1. Start a custom game on your map, play for a bit, end game.
  2. Go into Theater mode and take screenshots of said map.
  3. Upload screenshots from your Bungie.net account to Photobucket or similar image sharing account. (a url will be assigned to said screenshots)
  4. Add image tab in PM. Copy/paste url to said tab. If you do not have an image sharing account, add images as "Attachment" in full editor mode in the PM.
  5. Upload map to fileshare. (if no room, delete something to make room)
  6. Copy url from fileshare on Bungie.net, paste in PM.
  7. Send PM. (Don't forget this part, lol)

Hope this helps FIREN4!! :thumbsup:

• Like 2