If halo 4 doesnt sequal halo 3 and 2 gamplay.........................

Pink Lemonade

if halo 4 doesnt sequel the gamplay of halo 2 and 3 im going to sell my xbox. Because i own an xbox to play halo and real halo doesnt have bloom, armor abilities, sprinting, crapy maps, a terrible ranking system or DMRs. A real halo game has battle rifles, good maps, solid controlled gamplay with a competitive ranking system. No BS that makes the gameplay complicated to the point to were the luck factor goes up 100%. Dont listen to all the noobs that havnt even played halo 2 back in the day when it was great. Spinting only makes the spawns worse than cod spawns and iron sights just dont go along with halo, dont listen to the noobs who want this. The BR was great, most satisfaction out of any weapon in halo. Bring it back, there was no reason to take it out in reach, people only complained about because they were stupid noobs who couldnt use it. Lots of new ideas dont need to be brought into number 4, it just needs to have polished halo 2 and 3 gameplay.

Without Halo Xbox is just as bad as PS3. Consol is outdated the largest majority of the community are kids and casual gamers who dont care about winning. PC is the way to go, it will always be better than console because it can be upgraded. There is nothing console has over PC other than halo because everthing comes from PC other than console only games. i have many other reasons why PC is better for the hardcore gamer

• Like 1

Real Halo doesn't have bloom? Every Halo title has had bloom. Armour abilities? Remember the jetpack elites in Halo 2? Tatarus using an invincibility ability? The Arbiter's active camo ability? Ring any bells? The armour abilities in Reach are pretty much based off of those things. Don't try to define what "real" Halo is. It makes you come off as rather silly. Everyone has their own definition of what Halo is about. There is no definitive definition, so don't try to claim that there is and that what you believe is fact. It's opinion. Halo does not need to keep the exact same style of gameplay as Halo 2 and Halo 3. Why? Because in doing this, people are more likely do leave due to the series not progressing. Due to the series remaining the same and becoming stagnant.

There's not a thing wrong with sprinting. FPSs have had sprinting in them for quite a long time. Remember games like DOOM and Marathon? You could hold down a key to run faster. That's pretty much sprinting, though you could use it as much as you wanted. Making things complicated does not mean that the "luck factor" as you call it goes up. Making a game more complicated means demanding more types and amounts of skill from the players. It requires them to learn more mechanics. How does sprinting make the spawns worse? Care to give some examples as to why it does so? No one has said anything about having iron sights in Halo, and Reach doesn't include them either. I don't know about you, but I really don't like the Battle Rifle. I would rather use things like the Assault Rifle, SMG, and other weapons in the Halo sandbox. Sticking to just one particular weapon, to me, is rather boring. People only complained about it because they were stupid noobs? Great job grouping a whole bunch of people into one negative group because you disagree with them. That's really going to help your argument and make people take you seriously. /sarcasm. I don't know what you're talking about, but Halo 2 was not polished. It was unfinished, had a multitude of glitches in both single and multi player, and was a tad unbalanced. Halo 3 on the other hand was far more polished than Halo 2, but the single player experience of both titles was rather mediocre in my eyes.

Excuse me? The PS3 is outdated? The Xbox 360 came out before the Playstation 3, so if the PS3 is outdated, so is the Xbox 360. Think before you speak. The PS3 is for casual gamers, kids, idiots, and poor people? You really are quite silly aren't you? Who in the hell do you think you are insulting millions of people for preferring a console you don't like over one you do? What makes them idiots? The fact that they enjoy the titles available for the PS3? What makes them poor? The fact that they're able to afford a video game console that costs a few hundred dollars? How do you know it's meant for little kids and casual gamers? Have you no idea that there are countless T and M rated titles available for the Playstation 3, just as there are for the Xbox 360? Apparently you don't.

I'm not even going to bother with the rest of your post. You're a rude and rather silly individual who loves spewing all kinds of hate towards those who like consoles and video games that you dislike. Why don't you do us all a favour and show some respect, tolerance, and learn to grow up. No one is going to take you seriously if you post garbage like this. Certainly not me.

PS. There's not a damn thing wrong with liking Call of Duty. Learn to accept that some people prefer certain games to others.

• Like 6

Woah, Mystic, you have almost summed up everything I was going to say. But Mystic, you prefer Halo Reach, so I will put it as a Halo 3 perspective. How much I would love it to be more like Halo 3 or Halo 2 I would like to see something new. Humans have to take chances. If we did not we would still be mindlessly hitting each other over the top of the heads with rocks, and living in a cave. You should be hoping to look for something new. Reach may have not of brought us such satisfaction but who knows, Halo 4 could, and will from what I hear. You may love it, you may hate it but keep your mind open for everything. Also PC gaming is nice, and I seem to be not arguing but reminding people on the forum that, if PC gaming is so much better, then why have consoles become mainstream?. They give a chance for almost everyone to play great games and be very social.

Real Halo doesn't have bloom? Every Halo title has had bloom. Armour abilities? Remember the jetpack elites in Halo 2? Tatarus using an invincibility ability? The Arbiter's active camo ability? Ring any bells? The armour abilities in Reach are pretty much based off of those things. Don't try to define what "real" Halo is. It makes you come off as rather silly. Everyone has their own definition of what Halo is about. There is no definitive definition, so don't try to claim that there is and that what you believe is fact. It's opinion. Halo does not need to keep the exact same style of gameplay as Halo 2 and Halo 3. Why? Because in doing this, people are more likely do leave due to the series not progressing. Due to the series remaining the same and becoming stagnant.

There's not a thing wrong with sprinting. FPSs have had sprinting in them for quite a long time. Remember games like DOOM and Marathon? You could hold down a key to run faster. That's pretty much sprinting, though you could use it as much as you wanted. Making things complicated does not mean that the "luck factor" as you call it goes up. Making a game more complicated means demanding more types and amounts of skill from the players. It requires them to learn more mechanics. How does sprinting make the spawns worse? Care to give some examples as to why it does so? No one has said anything about having iron sights in Halo, and Reach doesn't include them either. I don't know about you, but I really don't like the Battle Rifle. I would rather use things like the Assault Rifle, SMG, and other weapons in the Halo sandbox. Sticking to just one particular weapon, to me, is rather boring. People only complained about it because they were stupid noobs? Great job grouping a whole bunch of people into one negative group because you disagree with them. That's really going to help your argument and make people take you seriously. /sarcasm. I don't know what you're talking about, but Halo 2 was not polished. It was unfinished, had a multitude of glitches in both single and multi player, and was a tad unbalanced. Halo 3 on the other hand was far more polished than Halo 2, but the single player experience of both titles was rather mediocre in my eyes.

Excuse me? The PS3 is outdated? The Xbox 360 came out before the Playstation 3, so if the PS3 is outdated, so is the Xbox 360. Think before you speak. The PS3 is for casual gamers, kids, idiots, and poor people? You really are quite silly aren't you? Who in the hell do you think you are insulting millions of people for preferring a console you don't like over one you do? What makes them idiots? The fact that they enjoy the titles available for the PS3? What makes them poor? The fact that they're able to afford a video game console that costs a few hundred dollars? How do you know it's meant for little kids and casual gamers? Have you no idea that there are countless T and M rated titles available for the Playstation 3, just as there are for the Xbox 360? Apparently you don't.

I'm not even going to bother with the rest of your post. You're a rude and rather silly individual who loves spewing all kinds of hate towards those who like consoles and video games that you dislike. Why don't you do us all a favour and show some respect, tolerance, and learn to grow up. No one is going to take you seriously if you post garbage like this. Certainly not me.

PS. There's not a damn thing wrong with liking Call of Duty. Learn to accept that some people prefer certain games to others.

The same type of tools that dont deserve halo.... PC is too expensive to keep upgrading all the ******* time... they forget that gaming is about the game and not the graphics id rather play mario world than crysis 2 on max graphics.... fags....i do agree that halo didnt have bloom before halo reach though.... halo 1 and 2 had instant hit and halo 3 had bullet delay to simulate realism so you have to aim ahead of your targets to hit correctly

The same type of tools that dont deserve halo.... PC is too expensive to keep upgrading all the ******* time... they forget that gaming is about the game and not the graphics id rather play mario world than crysis 2 on max graphics.... fags....i do agree that halo didnt have bloom before halo reach though.... halo 1 and 2 had instant hit and halo 3 had bullet delay to simulate realism so you have to aim ahead of your targets to hit correctly

I'm a tool? I don't deserve Halo? Why is that, hm? I never said anything about the PC, if you'd read my post thoroughly. The PC is the superior gaming platform, but I honestly prefer playing on consoles. You really don't have to upgrade that often if you get decent hardware. You can wait around maybe 3 to 5 years before really needing to upgrade, if that.

I haven't forgotten anything. I know that gaming is about the gameplay, not the look. Gameplay matters more to me than graphics, though a game should have a decent presentation, even if the gameplay is fantastic. Using something like "***" to insult someone? What are you, a child? Halo did have bloom before Halo: Reach. It didn't use the same exact version that Reach uses, but it did in fact use bloom. Halo 1 and 2 didn't have instant hits, aka hitscan. In Halo 1 you had to lead your shots, and in Halo 2 and 3 there are actual projectiles that are released. They do not use hitscan.

EDIT: It was made unclear by their post if they were agreeing with my post or directing their post towards me in disagreement. If they were agreeing with me, I apologise, but they should make that more clear in future posts. Thankee! <3

• Like 2

if halo 4 doesnt sequel the gamplay of halo 2 and 3 im going to sell my xbox. Because i own an xbox to play halo and real halo doesnt have bloom, armor abilities, sprinting, crapy maps, a terrible ranking system or DMRs. A real halo game has battle rifles, good maps, solid controlled gamplay with a competitive ranking system. No BS that makes the gameplay complicated to the point to were the luck factor goes up 100%. Dont listen to all the noobs that havnt even played halo 2 back in the day when it was great. Spinting only makes the spawns worse than cod spawns and iron sights just dont go along with halo, dont listen to the noobs who want this. The BR was great, most satisfaction out of any weapon in halo. Bring it back, there was no reason to take it out in reach, people only complained about because they were stupid noobs who couldnt use it. Lots of new ideas dont need to be brought into number 4, it just needs to have polished halo 2 and 3 gameplay.

Without Halo Xbox is just as bad as PS3. Consol is outdated, its for casual gamers, kids, idiots and poor people. PC is the way to go, it will always be better than console because it can be upgraded. There is nothing console has over PC other than halo because everthing comes from PC other than console only games. i have many other reasons why PC is better. If anyone were to disagree with any of this, then your the reason why video games are becoming mainstream, because your a cod *** who knows nothing of gaming.

i agree and i don't care who wants to b**** at me... xD

Without Halo Xbox is just as bad as PS3. Consol is outdated, its for casual gamers, kids, idiots and poor people. PC is the way to go, it will always be better than console because it can be upgraded. There is nothing console has over PC other than halo because everthing comes from PC other than console only games. i have many other reasons why PC is better. If anyone were to disagree with any of this, then your the reason why video games are becoming mainstream, because your a cod *** who knows nothing of gaming.

If they make halo like you want it, then I really will sell my Xbox 360! Bloom was in all the Halo games. If you don't like the armor abilities don't use them and find a way to counter them when other people use them. Making a game complicated, doesn't change the luck factor. I don't even think that sprinting affects spawns at all and there aren't iron sights in Halo Reach. The battle rifle was never useful to me, not very much power and it burned through ammo too quickly. The DMR has neither of these problems. Halo 4 does need new ideas, otherwise it won't be Halo 4. It will be Halo 2 Ver. 2.0! Besides, Halo 2 and 3 gameplay was nothing for me compared to what Reach's was. The Xbox 360 and the PS3 are in no way outdated, and how is a $600 console ( compared to the Xbox 360's $200-$300 ) for poor people? Console gaming has plenty over PC gaming. With a console, you don't have to check every time to make sure that your PC can run the game. There is nothing wrong with liking Call of Duty or Halo:Reach. Just because you don't like a game doesn't mean that other people can't. Get over it.

Halo 1 didn't have hitscan.

OMG wall of text, but i read it and agree with every word

i was going to reply to this idiotic post but you have done it for me :) thankyou

if halo 4 doesnt sequel the gamplay of halo 2 and 3 im going to sell my xbox. Because i own an xbox to play halo. A real halo game has battle rifles, good maps, solid controlled gamplay with a competitive ranking system.

I believe you are missing the real purpose of a gaming system. A gaming system, whether a console or PC, is a form of entertainment with many titles to choose from, not just one title (i.e. Halo). Entertainment is meant to be enjoyed. You would really sell your Xbox 360 if H4 is not up to "your" standards?? That's rather extreme don't you think? Funny thing is, you "own an xbox to play halo", seriously?? There is not one Halo title in your recent history, LMAO!! :rofl: Your topic is not titled properly either and should be edited. Almost as if you couldn't decide what to post on. Subject goes from "selling xbox" to "my opinion of what Halo 4 should be" and then to "PC is better than console". If you choose a topic, try remaining on that topic by making well thought-out and valid points to back up your opinions or back them up by documented facts. If it is opinion, title it as opinion.

I do, however, agree with your opinion that Halo 4 should have "good maps, solid controlled gameplay with a competitive ranking system". This is what alot of players have been asking for.

Oh, one more thing.....Welcome to the forums!!! :thumbsup:

Console is only better than PC if your casual gamer,which most of you are. A casual gamer is someone who doesnt want to spend a grand on building an up to date PC and spend alot of time managing it. I apoligize for the insulting things ive posted last night, i was not very happy. But PC is much better for the hardcore gamer, I of most certainly dont not want halo to go back to PC, because it only feels good playing halo with a controler. But i just found out how much better PC was a few years ago, theres just so much freedom, no dumb terms of agreements that tell you cant do anything so devolopers can make more money. If you put lots hours into gaming on console trust me PC is better for you. But halo is the reason why console was succesfull and cod is the reason its dying. I swear the only people i run into on console are really stupid or weird well unless its halo of course. So yes PC is alo better because of the community, not alll good but still much better.

A real halo game has battle rifles, good maps, solid controlled gamplay with a competitive ranking system. No BS that makes the gameplay complicated to the point to were the luck factor goes up 100%. The BR was great, most satisfaction out of any weapon in halo. Bring it back, there was no reason to take it out in reach, people only complained about because they were unable use it effectively. Lots of new ideas don't need to be brought into number 4, it just needs to have polished halo 2 and 3 gameplay.

There is nothing console has over PC other than halo because everthing comes from PC other than console only games. i have many other reasons why PC is better. If anyone were to disagree with any of this, then your the reason why video games are becoming mainstream, because your a cod *** who knows nothing of gaming.

In the first place, I agree with a small part of what the OP said and have quote it and altered, in green, my polite take on a statement made. In reference to "polished" game play, I believe the game does need to advance, but personally understand Reach was a stand alone game compared to the previous Halo's and should not have any of it's attributes brought forward into Halo 4. The statement I highlighted in Yellow is not only inaccurate, his personal opinion, but the final statement has garnished him a warning by me.

I will be responding to other posts in this thread as time permits. We do appreciate a lively discussion on topics, but I will be watching this thread personally and believe me you had better keep it clean. Get your point across without the immature name calling and personal attacks.

I'm a tool? I don't deserve Halo? Why is that, hm? I never said anything about the PC, if you'd bothered to read my post thoroughly. The PC is the superior gaming platform, but I honestly prefer playing on consoles. You really don't have to upgrade that often if you get decent hardware. You can wait around maybe 3 to 5 years before really needing to upgrade, if that.

I haven't forgotten anything. I know that gaming is about the gameplay, not the look. Gameplay matters more to me than graphics, though a game should have a decent presentation, even if the gameplay is fantastic. You're not very bright are you? Using something like "***" to insult me? What are you, a child? Halo did have bloom before Halo: Reach. It didn't use the same exact version that Reach uses, but it did in fact use bloom. Halo 1 and 2 didn't have instant hits, aka hitscan. In Halo 1 you had to lead your shots, and in Halo 2 and 3 there are actual projectiles that are released. They do not use hitscan.

Unless I am mistaken, he appeared to be agreeing with you and referring his comments to the OP.

What? You're going to go on a massive rage and sell your xbox to prove a point. No offence, but Grow up. Not having halo doesn't turn the xbox into a rubbish console. It is still the same console.

And of course Halo Reach is still Halo. I don't care about it not being the original halo, or not having all the features of the other Halos. That is because it's a different game. It is going to be different. And if you are so immature and narrow minded that you cannot accept that change is good, then so be it.

Real Halo doesn't have bloom? Every Halo title has had bloom. Armour abilities? Remember the jetpack elites in Halo 2? Tatarus using an invincibility ability? The Arbiter's active camo ability? Ring any bells? The armour abilities in Reach are pretty much based off of those things.

Where each title may have had bloom, the spread at distance has increased and is much more noticeable in the single shot DMR vs the 3 rounds burst of the BR. The bloom seems more noticeable here than with any other weapon because it is the primary weapon of choice for most players. Where players may miss state cause and effect, that appears to be the main gist of the arguments. Hopefully a mute point when we see the weapons of Halo 4. In regards to "Armor Abilities" all you have mentioned where Covenant abilities, not human. Having them "magically" appear in a title that predates all prior Halo's and referring to Elites, Tatarus or the Arbiter do not give any weight to the fact that a Spartan should have them.

Halo does not need to keep the exact same style of gameplay as Halo 2 and Halo 3. Why? Because in doing this, people are more likely do leave due to the series not progressing. Due to the series remaining the same and becoming stagnant.

The OP used the term sequel, which by definition means: a sequel portrays events set in the same fictional universe as a previous work, usually chronologically following the events of that work.

There's not a thing wrong with sprinting. FPSs have had sprinting in them for quite a long time. Remember games like DOOM and Marathon? You could hold down a key to run faster. That's pretty much sprinting, though you could use it as much as you wanted.

Sprinting was not a part of the original Halo franchise, in fact the Master Chief always ran much faster than the average soldier. Just because another game had it does not mean it should be part of Halo 4. If so, you might as well argue the abilities of all other games to be integrated into Halo.

I don't know what you're talking about, but Halo 2 was not polished. It was unfinished, had a multitude of glitches in both single and multi player, and was a tad unbalanced. Halo 3 on the other hand was far more polished than Halo 2, but the single player experience of both titles was rather mediocre in my eyes.

It is true there were glitches in Halo 2, this happens in a brand new title being played "live" over XBOX and was part of Bungie's learning curve for Halo 3. It does not lessen the game, it just showed how some found and exploited these problems and others followed to compete with them. You are correct that Halo 3 was a more "polished" version of Halo 2 and as the OP stated, he feels Halo 4 should be a more "polished" version of H2 and H3. I don't see the argument.

You're a rude and rather silly individual who loves spewing all kinds of hate towards those who like consoles and video games that you dislike. Why don't you do us all a favour and show some respect, tolerance, and learn to grow up. No one is going to take you seriously if you post garbage like this. Certainly not me.

I could not agree with you more on this Mystic.

I agree with or respect your other stated opinions and hopefully others can see a constructive and mature debate here, rather than the juvenile taunts and name calling that has begun this thread.

Where each title may have had bloom, the spread at distance has increased and is much more noticeable in the single shot DMR vs the 3 rounds burst of the BR. The bloom seems more noticeable here than with any other weapon because it is the primary weapon of choice for most players. Where players may miss state cause and effect, that appears to be the main gist of the arguments. Hopefully a mute point when we see the weapons of Halo 4. In regards to "Armor Abilities" all you have mentioned where Covenant abilities, not human. Having them "magically" appear in a title that predates all prior Halo's and referring to Elites, Tatarus or the Arbiter do not give any weight to the fact that a Spartan should have them.

The OP used the term sequel, which by definition means: a sequel portrays events set in the same fictional universe as a previous work, usually chronologically following the events of that work.

Sprinting was not a part of the original Halo franchise, in fact the Master Chief always ran much faster than the average soldier. Just because another game had it does not mean it should be part of Halo 4. If so, you might as well argue the abilities of all other games to be integrated into Halo.

It is true there were glitches in Halo 2, this happens in a brand new title being played "live" over XBOX and was part of Bungie's learning curve for Halo 3. It does not lessen the game, it just showed how some found and exploited these problems and others followed to compete with them. You are correct that Halo 3 was a more "polished" version of Halo 2 and as the OP stated, he feels Halo 4 should be a more "polished" version of H2 and H3. I don't see the argument.

I could not agree with you more on this Mystic.

I agree with or respect your other stated opinions and hopefully others can see a constructive and mature debate here, rather than the juvenile taunts and name calling that has begun this thread.

well i didnt mean to offend anyone.... i was trying to make a point of what the communtity is like, and people like the ones i described would never read the forums anyways so again sorry.

Two things ive read in this topic have greatly affended me

Pink Lemonade

Go **** yourself who the hell do you think you are to generalize the people on this forum as casual gamers?

Im betting that the majority of the people here know what theyre talking about because they are here on the forums talking about the game.

Ms. Mystic

Halo 2 may not have been the most polished of all the halo games but it was still many people favorites. The gameplay in halo 2 was in many peoples opinion the best out of any halo game (im one of these people). as for the glitches they werent even a terrible part of halo 2 because games are about fun and the majority of the glitches didnt ruin the game they made them more fun. unbalanced? thats why halo 2 had a ranking system that worked. im assuming that when you say unbalanced your talking about the skill gap between the good and bad players. but the ranking system allowed you to play with people of the same skill range

Now my personal feelings about what i want from H4

I would prefer the gameplay to continue to feel like halo. thats what matters to me. While halo reach may have been titled as a halo game it didnt feel or play like a halo game to me. The halo 2 and 3 gameplay was competetive and i didnt feel any sense of competitition in reach, even in arena. i felt like the armor abilities and bloom were too big of a change for it to still be halo. i mean the feel.

the maps of reach made me sad. i think that bungie spent too much time on forge world and even tho it was a great idea there still should have been more emphasis on how the other maps played.

This is the best way for me to show that halo reach was worse than halo 2.

Ivory Tower vs Reflection

playing ivory tower on halo 2 was awesome it was balanced and everything seemed to work out well because the map fit the gameplay

reflection was the same map but it wasnt nearly as fun because the gameplay didnt fit it. this shows not only a large change in gameplay but also that halo 2 was more fun

the only good thing i felt that came from halo reach was sprint and evade.

• Like 1