Analysis of Halo 4 Concept Art Glimpse Video

Drizzy_Dan

It never really occurred to me how much this video told until it was brought to my attention again recently. The video clearly shows the world Master Chief is or could possibly be on and its massive. There are tons of Forerunner structures and a lot of green areas in the shield world. One of the first important things I found was the moving object at around 0:24. If you pause it at the right time you can see something triangular or pyramidal flying at a high speed with a vapor trail which could possibly be the escape craft used to get off the Forward Unto Dawn or knows? There are a lot of Sentinels and protectors of all different shapes and sizes, some even resemble dolphins at around 1:04. These happen to inspecting what look like drop pods and there are a few there. Throughout the video it is shown that Chief is in a large area with lots of Space to roam, or so it seems. Clearly the story will be linear and will not have you allowed to roam around wherever you want, it will probaby be like Halo 3 and Reach where there are gigantic levels in the campaign but you have to follow a certain path and most of it is scenery that is blocked off. I believe the concept art of the ship from outer space and the Sentinels inspecting it is concept art for cinematics. Then around 1:09 you see large metal things with thrusters which I believe are larger Sentinels or protectors but am open to the possibility of them being ships of some sort. HOWEVER I also notice there at the bottom left what I think is more than one figure. It's definitely not certain whether that's just what the piece of metal whomever (most like John) is standing on is shaped like or there are other figures there but I noticed it as I was going through the video slowly. I believe it is just one more figure on his left and the one's on his right are scrap metal. Or it could all be scrap metal I don't know for sure. Sticking with the same scene you could also see fire on the left indicating something chaotic might be going on along with the groaning sound of the video. Last but not least everybody sees the part after the Halo 4 logo comes up with the shaking camera and a moving image and a big red light. This has been said to resemble a Precursor and I agree to some extent. I could believe this would be a Precursor with more proof. There aren't many Precursors left and to me it'd feel too early to introduce Precursors but if you freeze the video at certain points you can make out some features of a tall creature that kind of resembles Alien.

Post theories and ideas of what you think is to come in Halo 4 based on the video.

• Like 1

Hahah I feel so dumb. I guess that kid of confirms the drop pods but it doesn't explain why pelicans are there? Actually it doesn't really provide any clue as to why drop pods are there? It's not even really clear if those are drop pods?? I doubt it now that I realize they have thrusters. I also think those are falling rocks at 0:56

Now since there's the presence of Pelicans I'm thinking that they might split the story of Halo 4 and we might not be spending all our time as Chief. Frank O'Connor did mention in the Halo A-Z that BB was going to become an important AI and he's back with Kilo-Five so my thoughts might be drifting far away here but I'm thinking they might cut between Chief and maybe make cutscenes for what's going on there. Not necessarily have a playable character.

Now also finding out that the part where the groaning sound is heard is where the picture of the Primordium cover is leads me to believe that we just might be dealing with the Timeless One possibly.

Edited by Drizzy_Dan

But what would be the point of adding moving rocks, there's a reason why they made certain stuff move. This is most likely one of them.

You can even see them crawling in different directions.. Rocks don't do that, flood spores too! lol

Rocks absolutely can roll down hills in different directions haha but now I don't believe theyre rocks. It's just obvious theyre not Flood, they'd be more distinct to the point where we would be able to definitely define them as flood. It looks pretty obvious that they are inanimate.

Rocks absolutely can roll down hills in different directions haha but now I don't believe theyre rocks. It's just obvious theyre not Flood, they'd be more distinct to the point where we would be able to definitely define them as flood. It looks pretty obvious that they are inanimate.

Yes, but maybe 343i did that on purpose, so we don't know right away that it's flood.

But instead, we have to think about it. Make it more of a mystery of "what-if"..

I mean, if you've ever read the books, then you'd know that the flood mght very well be in Halo 4.

the flood mght very well be in Halo 4.

Agreed, I haven't read Cryptum or Primordium but I know enough about them. The description also hints at it.

"Set in the aftermath of Halo 3, Master Chief returns to confront his own destiny and face an ancient evil that threatens the fate of the entire universe. Halo 4 marks the start of a new trilogy that begins with its release in 2012." — Official summary

• Like 1

Agreed, I haven't read Cryptum or Primordium but I know enough about them. The description also hints at it.

"Set in the aftermath of Halo 3, Master Chief returns to confront his own destiny and face an ancient evil that threatens the fate of the entire universe. Halo 4 marks the start of a new trilogy that begins with its release in 2012." — Official summary

Exactly.