Forge 3.0 Ideas

BigMartin58

Forge 3.0 Idea  

57 members have voted

1. 1. How do you want forge mode to be?

• Forge world (like in reach but improved)
    • Geometry editor (Description below)
    • Forge solar system (description below)

First off I highly doubt the last two. The geometry editor would be too open. It would be a modeling program like Blender or such that you can walk through and no mouse. I don't think forge should be that time consuming; placing vertices and mapping each piece. I think forge should be easy and quick. The last idea I think is cool but I don't think the technology is here yet. I think Halo 4's forge will have a similar interface to that of Reach's, have at least more than one forge world and at least the option to change a pieces colors.

I think a good idea would be to have forge as it is in Reach (That style, improved of course) and have a geometry editor online or on a separate disk where you can create original maps from scratch there and download them to use in custom games.

The third option, I don't entirely understand and seems way out of our reach for the time being.

Forge and custom games really give Halo a creative and fun feel, and I feel that with stronger and better editors/forges the new gametypes and maps will really come alive and be much more fun than some classics, even.

The Halo Universe has always been about variety.

• Themed map packs (spaceship items, garage items, military items, office items, public places) would, immediately, change the feel of the game. Walking into a gray, Forerunner building is boring. Dodging a rocket launcher, by sprinting to a store sounds fun. People should be able to make a city map look like an urban city.
  • Themed climates. Arid desert, steaming jungles, harsh snow terrain.
  • Themed climate effects. Glittering snow, dust filtering into a burning building, rain!
  • Themed props. How about a dead marine? Or a dead Elite, scattered, here and there? A radio, a computer screen.
  • Eye pieces. Remember the cool holographic ring, on Condemned? Or the generator?
  • Low gravity zones.
  • Mold-able terrain. Start things flat, and then let forgers paint the landscape.
  • PROP PAINTBRUSHES. I want to rapidly place items.

• 1 month later...

i think the first one will work the best, cause some people will just not be able to create and entire map from nothing, and the pre built land will give interesting places to forge on

i think the first one will work the best, cause some people will just not be able to create and entire map from nothing, and the pre built land will give interesting places to forge on