Ammo Boxes Must Return 343

Halo2Veteran

Halo has had about 1/2 of the gameplay value removed from it. Im talking about the ammo resupply boxes. RocketAmmo2-large.jpg

These are in every single campaign and multiplayer up untill halo 3 and reach were they disapear. These ammo boxes were also in online and played a crucial role in the gameplay. A man who grabbed a sniper rifle, shotgun, or rockets could keep supplying his weapon if he resupplied at these pionts. Subsuquently, the enemy could camp these spots, deneying the enemy ammo, or just using these points as bait.

Once these ammo boxes were removed from the universe in halo 3, these power weapons mentioned previously (rockets, sniper, shotgun) become utterly and undeniably USLESS once the ammo limit is reached. The only way to resupply to find an identical weapon spawn, so why not just throw away the useless shotgun or sniper untill you find anther. Do you see what I mean when I say that litterally half of the gameplay value has been lost? No longer is a really good sniper a threat that must be eliminated as a high priority target...you just simpley have to wait for the ammo to run out and he picks up a needler.....

I don't ever recall there being any ammo boxes in multiplayer to resupply your ammunition in Halo: Combat Evolved OR Halo 2. Are you sure you actually know what you're talking about? I'm pretty sure you've always had to resupply being visiting the weapon's spawn or picking up ammo from a dead player, never just to walk to an ammo box and resupply.I do recall there being some extra rockets in the middle of "Ivory Tower" for the rocket launcher, but that's pretty much it. Even then, you had to wait for those to respawn(if they ever did), or collect the weapon a second time.

• Like 2

yes, in Coagulation there were 4 ammo box spawns if i am not mistaken. ! in the rock formation in front of each base, and one close to the teleporters output location. I know exactly what I am talking about. In Headlong it was located underneith the broken ramp that lead to the active camo. It was an essential part to Halo 2's online gameplay and possibly in every single map. It seems you were not aware of these crucial elements so i feel bad for you, but i assure you they existed, as I am not the only one who has noticed and complained about their abscence in such forums.

yes, in Coagulation there were 4 ammo box spawns if i am not mistaken. ! in the rock formation in front of each base, and one close to the teleporters output location. I know exactly what I am talking about. In Headlong it was located underneith the broken ramp that lead to the active camo. It was an essential part to Halo 2's online gameplay and possibly in every single map. It seems you were not aware of these crucial elements so i feel bad for you, but i assure you they existed, as I am not the only one who has noticed and complained about their abscence in such forums.

Would you care to link me pictures to these ammo boxes? Because from what I remember, there weren't any. I could be thinking about different types of ammo "boxes", but I'm not sure. I could just be forgetting, but I don't remember ever running into them.

Ms.Mistic, those "extra rockets" in ivory tower you speak of. They were not just extra rockets. That was one of the extra ammo crates. Do you remember Foundation? the map that was just 4 rooms ina square? Well half way through one of the sides was ammo boxes. You could supply anything with those though, rockets, shotgun shells, battle riffle shots, anything....

3:56. You can see this man walk up to 2 of the boxes I am talking about. It Supplies him with both Rockets AND battle rifle ammo, just to show you that those boxes are simply ammo boxes of all types. These are all over the halo universe INCLUDING online and once removed made this game somewhat.....hollow inside. And dead

Ms.Mistic, those "extra rockets" in ivory tower you speak of. They were not just extra rockets. That was one of the extra ammo crates. Do you remember Foundation? the map that was just 4 rooms ina square? Well half way through one of the sides was ammo boxes. You could supply anything with those though, rockets, shotgun shells, battle riffle shots, anything....

Regardless, I believe you're complaining about something rather minor. Power weapons aren't useless now that you can't resupply them from ammo boxes scattered around the map. They still do major damage and can still turn the tide of a battle. Having to now resupply by visiting the weapon's spawn prevents one team or player being able to hold them all as easily. Now you have to risk your life by moving to the spawn, where everyone is perfectly capable of picking the weapon up. You still have to watch out for potential campers and such who might be waiting for the weapon to respawn. Personally I think you're overreacting quite a bit when you say that once they were removed that the game became "hollow" and "dead". In regards to the video, I'm not saying the boxes don't give ammo for everything, but there was a battle rifle near those boxes, which could have been the source of his added battle rifle ammo.

Removing those ammo boxes hardly removes half of the gameplay value from the game. They're simply ammo boxes. Their only purpose was to give a few shots of ammo to someone if they came across them. Removing that hardly took a whopping half of the gameplay value away. They were nothing more than a random drop of ammo to pick up for whatever weapon you were holding. They weren't some huge make it or break it feature added to the game.

I'm seriously trying hard not to call you noobs, but you are making it quite difucult. Do you not see the capabilities of ammo spots taking the place of weapon spawns? Do you honestly not understand that ammo crates spawned at times that weapons didnt? because weapons rely on timers and also on weather or not it is being held in a persons hand or dropped on the ground. Lets say you are a sniper and you have run out of ammo but because you are currently holding your bases sniper it hasent spawned again. Well then you could rely on these ammo crates to supply you as well. And if the other team knew you were low, they could use this to thier advantage. Now, staying at your own base in order to resupply is NON EXISTANT.

I'm seriously trying hard not to call you noobs, but you are making it quite difucult. Do you not see the capabilities of ammo spots taking the place of weapon spawns? Do you honestly not understand that ammo crates spawned at times that weapons didnt? because weapons rely on timers and also on weather or not it is being held in a persons hand or dropped on the ground. Lets say you are a sniper and you have run out of ammo but because you are currently holding your bases sniper it hasent spawned again. Well then you could rely on these ammo crates to supply you as well. And if the other team knew you were low, they could use this to thier advantage. Now, staying at your own base in order to resupply is NON EXISTANT.

So I'm a noob because I disagree with you and think that what you're complaining about isn't something that's all that big of a deal? Okay, sure. Yes, I realise that people could travel to these ammo spots and resupply without having to wait for the weapon to spawn again. However I'm not getting hot and bothered over it because, to me, it's not a game crippling thing. It's not really something that I'm going to sit there and let work me up and ruin my enjoyment of the other games in the series over. I don't see how removing them from the game removes half of the gameplay value. If the overall gameplay value for you is half dependent on some ammo resupply crates, well I find that rather silly.

LL Kool D, you are weak and undisciplined like the rest of your kind. If you never resupplied yourself at the ammo boxes you see at 0:16, 1:34, 1:45...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ5FzS0W0TU

well im sorry my freind, but you are a friggen noob. Like....I am astonished that anyone could be so oblious to such a crucial part of the gameplay. Something so simple as resupplying your ammo to your gun...you couldnt figure out on your own. My friggen god man.

So I'm a noob because I disagree with you and think that what you're complaining about isn't something that's all that big of a deal? Okay, sure. Yes, I realise that people could travel to these ammo spots and resupply without having to wait for the weapon to spawn again. However I'm not getting hot and bothered over it because, to me, it's not a game crippling thing. It's not really something that I'm going to sit there and let work me up and ruin my enjoyment of the other games in the series over. I don't see how removing them from the game removes half of the gameplay value. If the overall gameplay value for you is half dependent on some ammo resupply crates, well I find that rather silly.

casual

casual

That's quite a well thought out and constructive post you've got there. I'm amazed that you can tell just what type of player I am from an opinion on one subject about a game. It's amazing that you're able to tell whether I'm a "casual" or "hardcore" or whatever silly term you'd like to use without even taking a look at how I play, what I play, and such. /sarcasm

This is in regards to your post above the one that I'm quoting:

I'm sorry. Would you mind repeating that? And this time, could you make even an ounce of sense? I'm not a noob because I disagree with you and don't find what you're complaining about to be that big of a deal. You however, are being rather silly for getting so hot and bothered over something like this. You're also silly because you've got to resort to calling people "noob" and "casual" simply because they don't agree with your point of view. Take your lack of respect and your weak attempts at insulting me and others somewhere else. We don't need or want that sort of thing here.

• Like 1

Ok Halo2Veteran, everybody and their mother uses the ammo crates because they're there. Plain as day, yes I've used them they're so insignificant that no one found it important to bring them back in 3 other Halo games made since Halo 2. You know why there aren't ammo crates near a sniper rifle of any other power weapon so you can quickly restock when you're low or out of ammo? For a power balance. Because if you run out of ammo you can't keep using the power weapon over and over that is why they are gone. Yes if the enemy realizes you are out of ammo they will come after you, they're going to come after you whether you have ammo in the gun or not because you have a power weapon. Having ammo boxes in a multiplayer map is a stupid idea especially with how powerful weapons are in the modern games. I'm not a noob bud you just think you're way too good

That's quite a well thought out and constructive post you've got there. I'm amazed that you can tell just what type of player I am from an opinion on one subject about a game. It's amazing that you're able to tell whether I'm a "casual" or "hardcore" or whatever silly term you'd like to use without even taking a look at how I play, what I play, and such. /sarcasm

This is in regards to your post above the one that I'm quoting:

I'm sorry. Would you mind repeating that? And this time, could you make even an ounce of sense? I'm not a noob because I disagree with you and don't find what you're complaining about to be that big of a deal. You however, are being rather silly for getting so hot and bothered over something like this. You're also silly because you've got to resort to calling people "noob"s because they don't agree with your point of view. Take your lack of respect and your weak attempts at insulting me and others somewhere else.

It has nothing to do with your point of view dear, I am not an unfair person. I have no clue why you think this. I called you a noob becuase even a noob knows about ammo crates in halo 2. It was litterally in every level. (pop your Halo 2 disk into your xbox system and take a look around the maps. Look at each side in Foundation that doesnt contain turrets. Take a look in beaver creak where the oversheild spawns. take a look in coagulation in "the rocks") dont know what "the rocks" means? THEN YOU ARE A FRIGGEN NOOB. DEAL WITH IT

It has nothing to do with your point of view dear, I am not an unfair person. I have no clue why you think this. I called you a noob becuase even a noob knows about ammo crates in halo 2. It was litterally in every level. (pop your Halo 2 disk into your xbox system and take a look around the maps. Look at each side in Foundation that doesnt contain turrets. Take a look in beaver creak where the oversheild spawns. take a look in coagulation in "the rocks") dont know what "the rocks" means? THEN YOU ARE A FRIGGEN NOOB. DEAL WITH IT

I knew about those particular items, though I didn't know that they resupplied ammunition for any weapon. I've played Halo 2 quite a bit, but you know what? Those things were so insignificant and out of the way that I never really bothered to pay much attention to them. Like I've said before, take your petty insults and lack of respect for me and anyone else in this thread somewhere else.

Ok Halo2Veteran, everybody and their mother uses the ammo crates because they're there. Plain as day, yes I've used them they're so insignificant that no one found it important to bring them back in 3 other Halo games made since Halo 2. You know why there aren't ammo crates near a sniper rifle of any other power weapon so you can quickly restock when you're low or out of ammo? For a power balance. Because if you run out of ammo you can't keep using the power weapon over and over that is why they are gone. Yes if the enemy realizes you are out of ammo they will come after you, they're going to come after you whether you have ammo in the gun or not because you have a power weapon. Having ammo boxes in a multiplayer map is a stupid idea especially with how powerful weapons are in the modern games. I'm not a noob bud you just think you're way too good

I never said anything about my skill "bud" but im just laying it out there...if you were oblivious to the ammo boxes (like the one near the warthog spawn in turf) then people like me used to whipe our asses with people like you back in 2005 and then tea bag your corpse gleefully

If playing Halo Wars makes me a noob then yes I gladly take the title I love Halo Wars, it sounds like you play it too though so I'm not seeing where you're going with this

wow i cant take the tard-dom

could someone who playd HALO 2 with me and is also upset with the recent removal of ammo please leave a comment so we can help give posotive constructive criticisim before the game comes out. The ultimate goal is that Halo 4 is as a succesfull title as Halo 2 was and does not feel like a rush job like Halo 3 felt like

• Like 1