Halo: CE Anniversary

Finally! Thank you guys so much for doing this. The trailer looks amazing, and I can't wait to see more! Only thing I want to do is add my two cents. Hopefully, others, including yourselves agreee. And this actually all applies to Halo 4 too...

First take everything good from Halo Reach that you can and put it in Anniversary. Such things include:

Assasinations - Which I saw for multiplayer, but please put them in campaign too (Edit in response to replies: How does this hurt the original? You have the option not to do the assassination? And it doesn't impact gameplay, so how is adding assassinations different than updating graphics? If you don't like 'em, don't hold down melee!!! They look bad ass, which if you look bad ass up in the dictionary there is a picture of Chuck Norris, but he is actually an ancestor of Master Chief!)

Graphics - Again already in the trailer, however the Chief looked a little too polished and shiny...almost cartoonish. If you could make him look a little more beat up like in 3, or like the Spartan III's of Reach, that would be perfect.

Armor Abilitities - I am not sure about this actually, but I would be curious to see if it would work, maybe just sprint

Weapons - If you don't include new weapons, not that big of a deal, but at the very least keep the original weapons the same, ie pistol

Second, get rid of everything bad from Halo Reach such as:

No Warthogs in Multiplayer - What the hell was that about in? Yes I realize they had Warthogs if you did BTB, or Invasion or something, but you would always get demolished by a tank. What happened to the Warthog vs. Warthog battles??? My friends and I stopped playing multiplayer because of it. I still play, but they don't think it's as fun anymore, which I agree. Trying too much to be like COD??? (Edit in response to replies: People I am saying that Reach left the Warthog out of multiplayer, which was a huge mistake and needs to be fixed! I want them back so we can have those Warthog battles we loved so much in Blood Gulch and Valhalla!)

Vehicle Driving/Physics - Specifically related to the Warthog, it felt like I was driving the damn thing on a trampoline!!! It was rediculous. I think CE and 3 had the best/most similar physics for Warthog driving. Also, driving the Scorpion...waaaaay harder in Reach than in CE or 3. Please bring the physics and driving back! (Edit in response to replies: Again, I am saying the physics in Reach sucked, and so did driving the tank! Bring back the physics and driving of CE and 3)

So that's basically it. I am no computer wiz, but I feel like these things are not difficult to encorporate or tweak, since all of them already exist. But then, what do I know about computer programming and game development. I just know what I like, and that's all this is, my humble opinion about what I think Anniversary and 4 should be like.

I disagree with everything you said besides graphics and keeping physics the same as the first game. Armor abilities would absolutely ruin the game, and the warthog IS Halo CE. You cannot get rid of the warthog in this game, as it was a staple of the multiplayer experience (especially CTF). No new weapons, except perhaps the flamethrower + fuel rod (from Halo PC). Honestly, I wouldn't mind assassinations, but I'd prefer it if they were kept out also.

I disagree with everything you said besides graphics and keeping physics the same as the first game. Armor abilities would absolutely ruin the game, and the warthog IS Halo CE. You cannot get rid of the warthog in this game, as it was a staple of the multiplayer experience (especially CTF). No new weapons, except perhaps the flamethrower + fuel rod (from Halo PC). Honestly, I wouldn't mind assassinations, but I'd prefer it if they were kept out also.

The PC weapons are, if they are added, acceptable. Assassinations I would rather see kept out also, seeing how they weren't in the original.

The PC weapons are, if they are added, acceptable. Assassinations I would rather see kept out also, seeing how they weren't in the original.

Armor Abilities shouldn't be in Halo: CE Anniversary and also the cursor bloom hopefully doesn't go into Halo: CE the flamethrower would be nice though. :mrgreen:

well i think you should at least be able to run and i think the armour abilities were the cheapest things ever except for sprint. anyway i think that warthogs should stay the same and if you think its too as you said trampoliny, well first off did you ever notice the ground your driving on in real life it seems that it would be sort of the same, anyway i think all the weapons and stuff could be the same.

Honestly kid im sorry but you got it all wrong Halo CE should just be the same as it has always been gameplay wise same weapons same phyics, but amped up graphics would be alright as long as the play stayed the same.The only wish for this game me and i know alot of people have who are fans of the franshise since Halo 1 orginally came out, is that they put all the halo CE maps online and maybe bring back rank like the old days with H2 and H3 leave everything the same but make it an enjoyable online experience. Im sorry but any special abilities like sprint and armor lock should never have been put into the game it has ruined halo and made it like call of duty. Honestly a 3 year old can sprint away from someone and hide. Keep halo like it was orginally and you will have a fun game on your hands. As for the ranking in reach it is also like call of duty for example anyone no matter how bad they are could be good, thats what use to make the game fun was you had to play for your level always trying to improve it. So in conclusion 343 and everyone if you fix the graphics and put it online as is you will get twice as many people crazy about it especially if you can gain rank again.

I think it's funny how most people said they disagree with me, some even completely disagree, especially those that said to keep it the same. Basically the only things I REALLY WANTED added was new graphics and assassinations. The new weapons and armor abilities I really wouln't mind if they weren't in it at all, as Halo CE is arguably one of THE greatest games of all time, if not the best, and keeping something true to it's origin is greatly appreciated. If you read back through you will notice that the major things you all were disagreeing completely with (save assainations), I said it's something that could be good, but I am not really too sure about it or have my heart set on it. They were more question marks, maybe something they want to experiment with in development.

And as for the warthogs, it was a little confusing the way I worded it, yes, but I WAS CRITISIZING the fact that there aren't any Warthog levels in Reach multiplayer. They need to bring back multiplayer Warthog levels like Blood Gulch. Throw in Valhalla and Standoff too! I love the warthog!

And I said to keep the physics the same! Please read more carefully people before you cretique something! But I think we can all agree that we are excited, which is what makes Halo: CE, the ground breaking game that it is!

People, I think we need to remember a few things here. One, is that Halo CE Anniversary will be to Reach just as Halo 3 ODST was to Halo 3. It will have a completely separate campaign, but multiplayer will definitely stay the same as Reach. Second, this is a renovation (so to speak), not a remake. They are likely to try to keep it as original as possible. That means there will likely be no combat knife, or plethora of armor abilities. Vehicles are also likely to stay extremely similar to those of Halo Reach, and the new vehicles (such as the Falcon) will not be featured, most likely.

However, that is not to say I don't think campaign could stand to be slightly tweaked. I think they can add in assassinations without them having to be with a combat knife (ie snapping the necks of enemies). Also, a few armor abilities added to the campaign couldn't hurt anybody. For instance, just have Sprint and Roll. The rest, such as invisibility and overshields, can just be found as in the original game. No jetpacks or armor lock though. Armor abilities and assassinations, for the most part, should be reserved for multiplayer. Also, I do agree that the graphics should be a bit grittier, but I won't be complaining if they don't make them so.

Just as a little finishing note, I'd just like to state my opinion regarding the fairness of armor abilities. I believe that they are perfectly fair. This is because EVERYONE has them. If you are getting your ass handed to you by 5 year olds using sprint, it's not because it's a cheap ability. It's because you yourself likely are not using your armor ability or just don't use it usefully. I'm not saying you're bad at Halo, it's just that Armor abilities clearly aren't your style of play. I just believe that just because someone has difficulty adjusting to changes, doesn't mean that the game itself is bad or to blame for their lower performance compared to the previous games.

So, anyway, that is all what I think about the Halo: CE Anniversary. I hope I provided some helpful insight. :ugeek:

Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary looks fantastic! My only problem, however, is with the way Master Chief looks. If he had been molded to look kind of like how he might look in Reach, he would look so much better. But, this isn't a big issue I suppose, only because the player is Master Chief, so they won't have to see him too much. But something I'm curious about is the terminals. According to interviews, what I've come to understand is that Halo CEA is just Halo CE with better graphics. But, with the addition of terminals, I'm curious to see how they will look in Classic mode, if there is a difference. Oh, and Please let that Firefight map have the Flood!!! That would be so awesome!

I hope they keep Sprint ONLY as an Armor Ability. They said they were going to keep the Original Weapons in CEA, and probably have the Energy Sword equip able in the game. At the "No Warthog on Multiplayer", that is one of the most dumbest idea I've ever heard. Warthogs are like the Main Vehicle in all the Halo games, Like Master Chief is to Characters as Warthogs are to Vehicles.

Enough of all of this about adding new stuff to halo CE. This was one of the best games ever and it should be kept the way it is.

New graphics and maybe assassinations would be fine, but for a remake, people should shut up about bringing back armor abilities and other crap like that. The more 343 makes it like the original the better.