There are rumors that the XBOX 720 will come out in the beginning of 2013. WELL THAT'S A HUGE PROBLEM! (read for details)

A hil

So according to the rumors that i've heard on the XBOX 720, it is scheduled to be sold in the beginning of 2013.(one source is AD).

Well, has no one thought of the fact that all the big video games, like Halo, CoD, Battlefield, and Gears of War, usually come out in October or November? Well, according to this information, that would mean that when the Xbox 720 came out, no one would be playing any of those games if they got the XBOX 720, or they wouldn't play the XBOX 720 because they wan't to play the video games. Also, the Madden and NBA2k games come out in this time as well.

This could end of being a MAJOR problem for all of these companies, because no one will be buying dlc for the games, and microsoft will have no games to sell for the 720.

The only solution (that i can think of as of now) would be to make a disc compatible with both the XBOX 360, and the XBOX 720. But, we all know this would be both impossible, and expensive for the game makers and game buyers. The game would cost over twice what its supposed to cost normally, plus, why would microsoft share there secret info on the 720 with all these game companies, before the system came out? That would just give someone else the oppurtunity to make their own game system.

Thank you for reading and hopefully microsoft will find a solutiont ot this.

comment below

Only problem i have with this "new xbox" is that, i want to play the games i have already..not re-buy or get new games for the 720 when i have perfectly fun enjoyable games for the xbox360..they should try and get the 360 games to the 720...come on..and make new games for 720, with Halo 5 as the draw in for it.

• Like 1

I'm sure they won't release it at a bad time - if it does come out at the start of a year they could probably just ask publishers to push their games back a few months and that would work well for everyone because launch titles are hugely profitable. They also do share system details with companies before games come out, so that developers have a chance to start making games in advance.

The 360 is actually an old console now, it's been around for six and a quarter years, if you can believe that. No other console with a direct successor has ever lasted that long, and the sad fact is that the hardware is becoming dated. That's why there are such problems with framerate in games like Reach: we're at the end of what the hardware can do now, and the only real solution is a physical upgrade.

Backwards-compatability is a must, though. I would hate to invest in a new system only to have to swap hardware every time I wanted to go on Gears of War or whatever. I'm sure they'll try to make it possible though, the PS3 didn't have that and it got slaughtered as a result when it was released.

Only problem i have with this "new xbox" is that, i want to play the games i have already..not re-buy or get new games for the 720 when i have perfectly fun enjoyable games for the xbox360..they should try and get the 360 games to the 720...come on..and make new games for 720, with Halo 5 as the draw in for it.

This and... I don't like the name "Xbox 720" Sounds cheesy to me. I hope they come up with a more creative name than that. I do agree with what you sad KtK.

@OP I do believe, Like you stated, opening early 2012 would be a terrible idea and a bad decision marketing wise.

I personally believe it will most likely release in the 3rd or 4th quarter of next year, simply because of all the holidays and bundle opportunities.

yeah i hope the make it backward compatible with 360 games and even original xbox games, but then again it might only be backward compatible with some games like the 360 is with the original xbox, but if that is the case then i can say with almost complete certainty that halo 4 will be compatible with the new xbox as well as reach and halo 3, but lets hope we can play all games on it that are prior to the new xbox.

Shouldn't this be under Xbox discussions? Nothing to do with H4.... and even if they released the new Xbox in 2013 would you not think they'll make it cross platform like they did with the 360 and a lot of the big games? Microsoft/Xbox wouldn't expect you to go out and buy an Xbox which isn't compatible with the latest titles! Common sense

hah xbox 720? i doubt that that would be the name of their new console. and why would they come out with a new console when they recently released the kinect. they're plans for the kinect is their main motive right now.

i dont know why you think they arent coming out with a new xbox, but they are, so get with the program

i dont know why you think they arent coming out with a new xbox, but they are, so get with the program

He is correct ^ and clearly people are finding a lot of false info or you looking in the wrong place to start with or haven't done ANY research themselves lol

They announced the new Xbox 720 ages ago.... even before Kinect was launched

He is correct ^ and clearly people are finding a lot of false info or you looking in the wrong place to start with or haven't done ANY research themselves lol

They announced the new Xbox 720 ages ago.... even before Kinect was launched

Actually, they have only let out that they have been working on a new platform for the next generation. It did begin a while back, but there was no "announcement". The system is not called the XBOX 720. That was a writers presumed possible naming of it. The are better indications it could be called the Loop. Fact is, any information about the new system made near the end of this year or the beginning of next year will only be that a system is either slated for production or expected to be available by such and such time. Only within the last series of months have companies that produce games for the XBOX been hiring employees that are 3D or next generation skilled. I have to assume the system would not be available until 2014.

Actually, they have only let out that they have been working on a new platform for the next generation. It did begin a while back, but there was no "announcement". The system is not called the XBOX 720. That was a writers presumed possible naming of it. The are better indications it could be called the Loop. Fact is, any information about the new system made near the end of this year or the beginning of next year will only be that a system is either slated for production or expected to be available by such and such time. Only within the last series of months have companies that produce games for the XBOX been hiring employees that are 3D or next generation skilled. I have to assume the system would not be available until 2014.

Loop will probably not be the product name, but it's the codename for the project. Or... um... so I've heard... >.> I KNOW NOTHING!

yeah you correct it hasn't be announced but a lot of info has been leaked which people are refereeing to the new Xbox as the ''720'' and according to reports the next generation Xbox will launch at E3 in 2013 and we may get a sneak peak at this years CES 2012 event. The latest rumor i had found was the next Xbox will have graphics based on the latest AMD chips (code-named Oban) which will offer support for DirectX11, multi-display and 3D. To a degree gamer's will be disappointed who are looking for a next-gen console but going off of that i saw rumors saying that developers are prepping games that could run on a new console and already playing around with the hardware. you can read an advert

here where Peter Molyneux from Lionhead studios asking developers who have background with DirectX 11 which is a platform not used by ANY of the current consoles and rumored to be used in the AMD powered Xbox 720. So where does that leave us? hmmmm whats next :)

Microsoft have also suggested they may use windows as the main ecosystem platform for apps/games that could work with window phones, Windows and the new Xbox but that could mean the new console could run a variant of Windows 8 which is still a while away. Fingers crossed that we get a sneak peak either at E3 or CES 2012 . Reports state this year at E3 Microsoft will provide a quarterly statement for the work being announced late this year and the console possibly being released Q2 2013.