XBOX 720 really going to happen?

Captain Antonio

Well I've heard rumors about the Xbox 720 being released in 2013, but, those are just rumors

remember.. Bungie is hiring for the PS3 now, (i predicted Bungie would work on PS3 long ago, i was laughed at by many a Halo noob) so if they plan on making a PS3 game then they must know how long the PS3 will be around

Bungie isn't with PS3, they are what you could call a Indie Company, kind of.

• 2 weeks later...

If Microsoft Buys Sony.

PsXbox? ;)

It'd be great. But it'll never happen. I doubt even Microsoft has that much money..

An as far as the xbox720 I hope so. HOPEFULLY Microsoft won't make such a cheap system with an absurd 54.2% fail rate. Thats pathetic. Honestly if it wasn't for Halo I doubt Id bother with the system.

Maybe the 720 will focus on hardware, durability an overall performance. Rather than straight profit.

But i doubt it.

Oh forgot to mention! In RealSteel they promote the Xbox 720 in the stadium. I can't remember if it was against Twin Cities or Zeus. Regardless.

Link to prove it.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://mkgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/xbox720-1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://mkgaming.com/xbox360/news/xbox-720-logo-appears-in-real-steel-trailer/&h=528&w=940&sz=67&tbnid=mp1ZZhXSIob1rM:&tbnh=67&tbnw=120&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dxbox%2B720%2Bin%2Breal%2Bsteel%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=xbox+720+in+real+steel&docid=1CyiAKJro1N2FM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=muZ8T6-3Osfe2AXN7Zn_DA&ved=0CCwQ9QEwAg&dur=292

I heard the new Xbox will require a constant internet connection to try and stop piracy. I really hope it's a fake rumor. Anyway, I do hope a new Xbox comes out soon because I'm sick of this old black box that will lag on some user created maps on Reach. The Xbox 360 is at the end of it's time.

I do believe that Absolute Dog can inform you that the Absolute Idiot who made this seriosuly needs to work on his/her photoshop skills.

Ignore this, some new Xbox console will be in sight shortly, computers will always dominate consoles, a new console wont be some towers & duct tape. Don't wory.

There've been rumors (not credible ones per se, mind you) that Microsoft and Sony are currently in talks about a merger/buyout. So, anythings possible. Sony may be Microsoft's biggest competitor, but Microsoft is also Sony's biggest competitor. If they were to combine... poooooor Nintendo. :( lol

On topic though, the newest X-Box is confirmed, although as of yet (last I heard anyways) they were still deciding on a name. I know the project is codenamed Loop, though, if that helps. :D

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think they should make the Xbox 720 :thumbdown: . I mean everyone will want to switch to the new Xbox 720 and the Xbox 360 is perfectly fine. I don't want to switch and the new games will come to. the people from Xbox live will not bee on unless the 720 has live and you can play together. like if i would play my Xbox 360 and my friend played his 720 we could play together :secret: . now that would be cool. anyway plzz dont make the xbox 720. :mad: .

If you agree tell me.

I don't think they should make the Xbox 720 :thumbdown: . I mean everyone will want to switch to the new Xbox 720 and the Xbox 360 is perfectly fine. I don't want to switch and the new games will come to. the people from Xbox live will not bee on unless the 720 has live and you can play together. like if i would play my Xbox 360 and my friend played his 720 we could play together :secret: . now that would be cool. anyway plzz dont make the xbox 720. :mad: .

If you agree tell me.

:mega_shok: Where to begin? Absolutely there should be a new XBox. The 360, while running fine right now, is an outdated machine. By this reasoning, there should have never been an Xbox 360, the original XBox should have just stayed around. Same with the original PlayStation, if we're going there.

Do I want to shell out money for a new, better, system? Not particularly, but that is the nature of consols and I will at some point. They typically go for 5 years before another is released, and behold, the 360 is working on year 6. As for Live, if the new XBox didn't have Live, there would be an uproar. Microsoft isn't that stupid. There will definitely be Live. Now cross-generation Live? Chances are very slim for that. You couldn't do it with the original XBox and the 360 Live, so I don't see them doing it for a new XBox. No cross-generation.

So no, I don't agree with you at all.