Ranking System for Halo4 my Opinion.

Archangel Tyrael

A lot of people want the Halo 2 and Halo 3 ranking system back. I respect their opinion, but how exactly winning skillful? For example, i believe winning should rank you yes, but if you loose de-rank, i do not agree with this. What if you are alone and face a party of good players and your team is awful randoms? Do you deserve a de-ranking? I believe, ranking has no skill factor, or means anything but how many times you won or played. I don't like to be de-ranked because something goes bad or wrong, no one deserves that. Even if you do not agree with me, At least have a different ranking system in Halo 4 like they did in Halo 3. A Win and de-rank and just a normal ranking. Where it makes everyone Happy. Just my views on it, plus i think they should keep credits to buy armor, and have achievements to obtain armor as well, so everyone is happy there as well.

• Like 2

i agree wins and loses reflects a teams skills more than an individual's skill, maybe the rank can be determined by what your score is in a game. IE: if you get alot of kills and constantly have the most kills in a game you will be ranked higher than someone who comes in the middle of the pack, so i guess what im trying to say is rank should be based more on your K/D. or maybe it could be based off a combination of wins/lose and K/D?

IMO it should have both ranked and social playlists, whereas in social you can gain rank, but not lose it. So for the fun "social" players. And in Ranked, you can gain and lose rank.. meaning it's like testing your skill vs other players in competitive games. No one cares about losing a game in Reach because you can't lose rank, but in a ranked game, players will stay and finish a game, therefore reducing "rage quiters". Cause no one likes losing rank... It lets "noob" players get to have fun and let the competitive players play skillfully without worrying about playing lesser skilled players...

• Like 1

I totally forgot that it decreased rank.. Well, I said this somewhere on the forum already , but yeah I would like to keep the Halo 3 ranking WITHOUT the decrease in rank. cR was such a great idea. I say that cR should be able to buy items but not level you up.

if you lose you should de rank cause then there will be high rank ppeople that suck in halo 3 you had to be good to be a high rank

There will be a playlist just for people who want to have rank and de ranking matches, and people who just don't want to lose their rank. Like Halo 3, you know? The social and ranked playlist. Rank means nothing though really, skill should be based on something else besides wins. K/D like Vitamin said, or a mix of both W/L and K/D.
  • Like 1

There will be a playlist just for people who want to have rank and de ranking matches, and people who just don't want to lose their rank. Like Halo 3, you know? The social and ranked playlist. Rank means nothing though really, skill should be based on something else besides wins. K/D like Vitamin said, or a mix of both W/L and K/D.

Rank is pretty much already based off w/l (in halo 2/3). I would be incredibly disappointed if they decided to make rank based off K/D because that shows a persons skill even less than looking at their w/l.