NEW IDEA- the eites have other things like grunts brutes and jackals to go with them, why dont the spartans?

A hil

Elites have so many smaller guys to fight with them, what if on certain parts of the campaign, there was like some sort of animal that exists that helps fight the elites, (or whoever you fight in halo 4). I also think this should be available in custom games or forge mode to play like a clan battle with little side kicks or something. I think it would make Halo a funnier, much more fun, and much cooler expierience, and would even get more people to buy the game.

Any ideas or comments post bellow.

elites have so many smaller guys to go with u, what if on certain parts of the campaign, there was like omesort of animal that exists that helps fight the elites, (or whoever u fite in hao 4). i also think this shud be available in custom games or forge mode. i think it wud make halo a funnier, more fun, and much cooler expierience, and wud even get more people to buy the game.

any ideas or comments post bellow.

Be more specific.... "animals-" how would that fit in with the campaign unless there was some mysterious new species on the planet.

And please please sort your spelling and grammar.

Luke

• Like 1

What could be neat, if Halo 4 was more open than previous games, would be the ability to search around nearby structures and such for possible friendly forces. If Halo 4 is less linear and has a more open structure, it could be neat to have the chance to turn the tide of a battle because you managed to scrap together a few helping hands along your journey.

• Like 1

Yes.... so we can have animals running alongside the Spartans as shooting targets! lmfao

kinda weird if humans had support that weren't human don't you think? Don't see this being implemented but yeah who know what they could do all i know is that'll be a bit cheesy....

by 2552 i think Genetic Enguineering wll be well established, so i dont see why you could literaly have a half-animal-half-human? Could be interesting

Not going to happen, ever. Chromosome numbers and mitochondrial RNA for starters.

Also, what's the point of a human/animal crossover, and why wouldn't they have appeared in any previous games? It's too much of a shock to the canon, and seems like a gimmick for its own sake.

it could be like the human/animal engineered people that were sent to another planet in a space ship in the year 2000 (totally bull****ing this), when a evil scientist thought that he could make the world a better place (SOMEHOW). also, how do you know its impossible (im talking to you here, red star rocket)? Do you think the Romans knew cars were possible?

it could be like the human/animal engineered people that were sent to another planet in a space ship in the year 2000 (totally bull****ing this), when a evil scientist thought that he could make the world a better place (SOMEHOW). also, how do you know its impossible (im talking to you here, red star rocket)? Do you think the Romans knew cars were possible?

Well, for starters you can't combine two different species together unless they have a VERY small difference in their numbers of chromosomes, two is maximum. That's why you can get half-breeds like mules but they're sterile, plus the parental DNA is similar enough that it still produces a viable set of genetic instructions. Any mutation away from an established and viable code is likely to do more harm than good: malfunctioning DNA is what causes cancer, after all, and if there isn't a working code the original cell won't have instructions it can follow and so won't reproduce.

If you splice another animal's DNA into human DNA at best it won't do anything because its own instructions will be so different from our own, and at worst it will do serious harm, causing cancer or shutdown of vital bodily functions. It's also no use trying to build DNA strings from scratch because any amount of DNA capable of forming even the most rudimentary complex organism would take literally years to assemble, and there's no way to test it as you go along. Plus, most DNA in our bodies does different things elsewhere. Melanin is a pigment made by DNA instructions which colours your skin but also your hair. You don't get people with blonde or ginger skin, so there's no guarantee anything you spliced into the human genetic code would even have the same effect as it did originally.

In response to your second question, there's evidence that the Romans actually did have a basic idea of internal combustion. Emperor Nero, for example, envisioned the use of steam-powered canal boats to help trade between the Ionian and the Aegean, and this plan was only dropped because he ran out of money, went mad and then decided he was going to build an army of prostitutes and musicians to go and sing to one of him enemies and make him feel so guilty that he would surrender.

Anyway, we now know enough about genetics to know this is all probably impossible, and even if it weren't there just wouldn't be any benefit from it that couldn't be achieved much more easily and cheaply with simple technology. If you want claws, use a knife, if you want to be super-intelligent, use omega 3 tablets and read a lot of books, if you want to be super-strong, work out a lot or use synthetic muscles in place of your own.

Also, you admit yourself that you're making a lot up without really understanding, and besides, none of this has ever even been remotely hinted at as being part of the Halo canon, so the whole point is moot.

Well, for starters you can't combine two different species together unless they have a VERY small difference in their numbers of chromosomes, two is maximum. That's why you can get half-breeds like mules but they're sterile, plus the parental DNA is similar enough that it still produces a viable set of genetic instructions. Any mutation away from an established and viable code is likely to do more harm than good: malfunctioning DNA is what causes cancer, after all, and if there isn't a working code the original cell won't have instructions it can follow and so won't reproduce.

If you splice another animal's DNA into human DNA at best it won't do anything because its own instructions will be so different from our own, and at worst it will do serious harm, causing cancer or shutdown of vital bodily functions. It's also no use trying to build DNA strings from scratch because any amount of DNA capable of forming even the most rudimentary complex organism would take literally years to assemble, and there's no way to test it as you go along. Plus, most DNA in our bodies does different things elsewhere. Melanin is a pigment made by DNA instructions which colours your skin but also your hair. You don't get people with blonde or ginger skin, so there's no guarantee anything you spliced into the human genetic code would even have the same effect as it did originally.

In response to your second question, there's evidence that the Romans actually did have a basic idea of internal combustion. Emperor Nero, for example, envisioned the use of steam-powered canal boats to help trade between the Ionian and the Aegean, and this plan was only dropped because he ran out of money, went mad and then decided he was going to build an army of prostitutes and musicians to go and sing to one of him enemies and make him feel so guilty that he would surrender.

Anyway, we now know enough about genetics to know this is all probably impossible, and even if it weren't there just wouldn't be any benefit from it that couldn't be achieved much more easily and cheaply with simple technology. If you want claws, use a knife, if you want to be super-intelligent, use omega 3 tablets and read a lot of books, if you want to be super-strong, work out a lot or use synthetic muscles in place of your own.

Also, you admit yourself that you're making a lot up without really understanding, and besides, none of this has ever even been remotely hinted at as being part of the Halo canon, so the whole point is moot.

ok know-it-all, first of all halo isnt real! they can do whetever the hell they want in the series, nobodies stopping them. secondly the romans thing was just an example, would you be happier if i said homo habilis didn't know about cars? i don't know why you are taking this so seriously

ok know-it-all, first of all halo isnt real! they can do whetever the hell they want in the series, nobodies stopping them. secondly the romans thing was just an example, would you be happier if i said homo habilis didn't know about cars? i don't know why you are taking this so seriously

You asked me a question. I answered it to the best of my knowledge. If you're unhappy with that, I'm sorry, but I did my best. As far as examples goes, I would answer that yes homo habilis didn't know about cars but then they didn't have scientific method or any understanding of engineering, genetic or mechanical. I took your question seriously because I thought you were serious when you asked it.

Also yes, they can do what they want with it, but the idea of science fiction is that it's scientifically plausible. If they started adding manlizards or manpigeons to the story, I'd want to know both where they came from and why they haven't appeared before, and that would take a lot of explaining and indeed would probably need a big chunk of game time. Since this story is supposedly more personal and aimed at the forerunners and explaining the mysteries behind them, that would form an unnecessary distraction and probably spoil the tone that it's been suggested they're going for.

• Like 1

i was serious, but your acting like your goiong to win a nobel prize for giving me this answer. I just think you made it seem like you were giving yourself an image of being better then everyone when you said this. Also, this is a VIDEO GAME, so not everything from real life is in this game and not everything in the game is in real life. Do you click a button and start sprinting for 5 seconds, and then wait for it to recharge so you can sprint in real life? Yeah, i thought so.

i was serious, but your acting like your goiong to win a nobel prize for giving me this answer. I just think you made it seem like you were giving yourself an image of being better then everyone when you said this. Also, this is a VIDEO GAME, so not everything from real life is in this game and not everything in the game is in real life. Do you click a button and start sprinting for 5 seconds, and then wait for it to recharge so you can sprint in real life? Yeah, i thought so.

You asked me why something couldn't happen, and I answered it to the best of my ability. It's a scientific question so unfortunately all I can do to answer it is use facts. If you think I'm trying to look better than everyone else, that really wasn't my intention but there's not really any other way to explain it.

I know this is a video game. I don't see how that's relevant to the idea of plot and canon, though. Also, sprinting as a game mechanic is explained by the fact that Reach was where the UNSC tested their experimental technologies. Introducing manlizards into the game would also need to be explained, and that's such an interesting idea that it would really need a whole game to itself, and in the end all it really adds as a gameplay mechanic is another type of friendly NPC.