Air Strike Map Needs Feedback

I'm new to this, just joined today, so if I've done anything wrong with this post I apologize in advance.

A friend and I create a map that follows an unconventional approach towards combat: Its an arial based combat map. Done in Forge World. It covers almost all the map above the ocean. Everywhere else is guarded by soft kill zones. There are two bases, one blue and one red. Red base is in the hanger located in the side of the mountain. There have been a few modifications done to it, as I'm sure you will notice immediately. In it are 2 Falcons, 3 Banshees, 4 plasma turrets, 1 sniper rifle, 2 spartan lasers, 2 grenade launchers, and 2 health kits. Blue base is located directly across the map. It is modeled after an air born helicarrier (think Shield Helicarrier from Marvel comics). Its weaponry and vehicles are exactly the same as red base with the exception that instead of plasma turrets there are 3 machine gun turrets. Underneath Blue base are a few man cannons for added visual effect. And, if you accidently fly into them they will force you toward the water below. There is also a small landing pad located on the side of the mountain on the main island. Follow the structured path and you will find a grenade launcher and the only missile launcher in the map. But, be careful, everywhere on the island has a soft kill zone excluding the landing pad, walk way leading from the pad, and various outer regions of the island. The idea here was to place a risk on obtaining the most helpful weapon in the map. If you lose your ship you would need your team to evac you from the spot, also, you will have to contend with snipers. As for the smaller, pillar shaped island next to red base, there is a soft kill zone encompassing the entire island. We wanted to deter from camping as much as possible. So, don't even bother with it.

The emphasis on this map was team work. Everyone will have to do their part to ensure their teams victory.

It is a Big Team map, so 8 on 8 is ideal.

As of right now we only have it for Red versus Blue matchmaking. If it is received well, we will most definitely make it compatible with other types of matchmaking.

It has been tested, but, only with two on two. It was still enjoyable, but like I stated, 8 on 8 is what its ideal for.

I do not have any pictures of the map to post, but if you feel like trying it out, you can find it in my Reach Fileshare under the map named Air Strike. My gamertag is Chaos Cycle. I hope you try it, like it, and show it to your friends. Thanks to all of you.

Map

Air Strike

Edited by Absolute Dog
Edit in the link for the map.

Cna someone test my map i just made???

I would love the feedback. Go right ahead

I can give you feedback if you still need it

I will test any maps in exchange for a cold beer delivered to my door. No but seriously it has got to be cold. All right i realize thats a impossible request so how bout you just hit me up and I'll be happy to help.

• Like 1