haubro18

So there are Aimbots in Halo Reach. If you're on Bungie Pro feel free to look at it on my page under the video titled Auto Aimer or just visit my File Share on Halo:Reach. I'm just wondering if anything will ever be done about it, and if so; Who should be made aware of it and where can we tell them?

First off, welcome to the forums, we hope you enjoy it here!

OT: As far as I know, people use something called 'Jtags' to hack on Xbox Live, but there are already systems in place to catch people who use them if they're online for more than a few hours. Hopefully the people who were using this particular aimbot will have already been caught, and if not you can check their gamertag in the Theatre and after selecting 'View Gamer Card' you can use the 'File Complaint' button. You can then pick that you'd like to complain about them using hacking on Xbox Live and as long as you keep hold of the replay in the Theatre, they should be dealt with fairly quickly.

I hope this helps!

• Like 1

No, all they can do is make sure that the user's weapon is perfectly on target. If you're being hit through walls on a regular basis you may have a poor internet connection, as if you've just moved behind a surface the bullet will register as hitting you while you were still in the open due to lag. There's not a lot you can do if that's the case, although you can try turning your router off, leaving it for thirty seconds and ten switching it on again as I believe that speeds your connection up.

To add to this, yes aimbots can force the projectiles to overpentrate any wall or surface. Most of these aimbots employ a "macro". A series of script commands in console form that run along side the game itself and very hard to detect...even on servers. Macros can do just about anything that is included inside the myriad of scripting options avaialble in the entire game. They do have their limits and usually much be simplistic or have a one sided effect or ability.

To add to this, yes aimbots can force the projectiles to overpentrate any wall or surface. Most of these aimbots employ a "macro". A series of script commands in console form that run along side the game itself and very hard to detect...even on servers. Macros can do just about anything that is included inside the myriad of scripting options avaialble in the entire game. They do have their limits and usually much be simplistic or have a one sided effect or ability.

Just to clarify, if a macro were running that meant an aimbot was able to use the Sniper Rifle to shoot through walls, would this mean that any player who picked up the weapon in that game would also be able to shoot through walls, or just the hacker?