[GameSpot] - Nomura Is Handing Over Final Fantasy 7 Remake Co-Director Role

343iBot

Along with the reveal of Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade's story content and PS5 upgrade, Tetsuya Nomura gave some updates to the development process of FF7 Remake's future. In a translated interview by Famitsu (provided to us by Square Enix), Nomura explained that he's transitioning away from being the co-director of the project, and that Naoki Hamaguchi will now be the sole director moving forward. However, Nomura mentioned that not much will change for him.

When asked about his role as a director and concept designer for the multiple projects in the works, Nomura prefaced, "There have been three Final Fantasy 7-related games announced, but as I mentioned before, I have more projects on my plate at the moment than ever before." He then explained that the foundation has already been established and that he can pass on the role, saying, "For Remake, the core gameplay direction has now been worked out and we can see the points that need improving, so I will hand over directorship to Mr. Hamaguchi (co-director on FF7 Remake) for the next game and continue to be involved in all FF7-related projects, such as the remakes and mobile games, as overall creative director."

If you're wondering how this might affect future entries of FF7 Remake, this move may not make that much of an impact; Nomura stated, "The way I am involved in the development work will basically not change, though."

Continue Reading at GameSpot

View the full article