The Official Halo 4 Forge Thread

The only real things that should be added are more textures for pieces, more forge world environments like snow, desert, etc. or night time as an option for groups of objects. I would also love to have a copy/paste option and especially a mirror option for pieces seeing as not all are symmetrical.

Yeah that would be awesome...oh and speaking of which do you think they should have an option in custom games to be an O.D.S.T with health but no shields? Thoughts on this?

Yeah I wished that too, But I want it in a seperate game playlist so you could choose before you have to get the majority vote

All i want to see is a full accessible armory, frigates and corvettes to mongeese and ghost. Ai's in forge Complete accessible, granted if you kill them their dead, restart game. Or what would be cool is to make them a friendly. ODST AND ELITE PARTY :D!!!

Back on topic, i just want to see a full scale ability to truely make our maps unique. I hate a credit cap, or a cap on how much we can use, that has always annoyed me. Why cant i lay down more of the item im using if its working for me? it drives me nuts! Forge is meant for construction correct? So why not let us construct. I've seen everything from small frigates to Noble 5 statues being built. 343 hear us out. You want to impress us with Forge. Take the caps away, give us ai's and vehicles. Blow us out the water.

affirmative/roger/and great idea

I would love to see improvements in forge and the incorporation of maps into the play lists. I do not want to see them become a DLC because of the obvious reasons.

One being the producer of the game will make money on a map they did not create or pay for.

Two, I feel the maps from the community should possibly have a playlist, say once a month and on a weekend, were player can go into matchmaking on them and vote on the map after a certain number of game have been played on it. Maybe it would be possible in this playlist to force single players into matchmaking there by making it easier for the system to place the players on the maps needed to vote. Once you have earned the status of voting on all maps you are released into group matchmaking status that allow groups to play together and select from a set number of maps. After it is determined by the those in charge of the game which maps are viable, voting weighing a notable part, drop them into a community forge playlist. As the votes for the maps continue by the community playing them, they could be incorporate into the regular play lists. It would help to ensure play ability of the maps and bring new maps into regular multiplay on a sustained basis.

Third, the addition of wreckage and/or "inert" ships and vehicles that would give more texture and color to an environment would be a very nice touch. It may be possible as the game is being developed certain items from the campaign or multiplayer maps could be rendered for forge while they are in creation.

Lastly, if does continue in Halo 4, it would be nice to be able to have a color pallet for the forge items, were applicable, and even the ability to make the shapes have a stone, wood, metal or natural finish. There are geometric shapes that can be added to give more range to the structure, maybe themselves having thickness and/or dimensional properties that are adjustable. The same could be applied to elements such as trees, waterfalls, and possibly a localized fog or steam. I realize that items that show movement are much trickier to implement, but who knows what is possible on a limited scale.

Not much really needs to be added to forge to improve it. Since forge has become so widely used and incorporated into the game, I would be willing to pay extra for a "Special Edition" of the game that brought us more flexibility in forge world. If there is an effort to keep forge in mind while items and pieces of the game is being created, it may be there that more can be given to our beloved forge world. Giving us more may ultimately increase the life span of Halo 4 and keep the play lists fresh with new maps, which is always a plus.

One additional thought. Possibly offer different environmental platforms such as an urban, jungle, mountainous, and areas similar to the actual campaign part of the game environment to build off of.

How about also changing the objects from covanant to human to forruner to flood

The only real things that should be added are more textures for pieces, more forge world environments like snow, desert, etc. or night time as an option for groups of objects. I would also love to have a copy/paste option and especially a mirror option for pieces seeing as not all are symmetrical.

YEa i forgot about mentioning enviormental configuration access for us. make everything so much easier and fun to play with :D

There is one thing I missed mentioning. There is a bad affect that occurs when multiple items and intersected. It gives off a visual lag and sometimes an actual movement lag. Some people, including me, are affected by this in our eyes and make playing in forge world for an extended period hard and can cause headaches. This should be addressed if at all possible.

1. More specific coordinates. Adding another decimal would make it much easier to make advanced puzzle maps and perfectionists would be happy.

2. Environments. The current steel environment in Reach is way too sterile and boring. Add more stuff to it like, forests, urban/rural, constrction, ruins, desert, tundra etc. Variety would be appreciated.

3. Landscaping. I read in an article about H3 that this was supposed to be added to H3, but I never heard about it again. I'd love to see this added to the game, there are possibilities to recreate some classic maps completely!

4. Creating structures and building blocks yourself. This is a bit more advanced, creating it with single line dimensions should be the easiest way, but it will definitely benefit the hardcore forgers out there. Objects sticking to eachother would also be a possibility to this feature, so you can move multiple object at the same time without relocating everything again to make it perfect.

• Like 2

Forge Skins: (assuming its in H4)

Add some diversity to forge and maybe when I press up on the D-pad i'll float around as an Engineer (Huragok) or maybe as I drop a tank on my friend the last thing he sees is a Drone flying away. just give us something different than a cyclopes orb. maybe even give Penitive tangent a chance to return as a skin.

Srsly, some of these things are just crazy insane. We don't really need frigate's/longswords/seraphs/carriers/corvette's. They are too huge and would serve no purpose. I mean seriously, what would you do with one? They would all have to be automatically scripted with all the hallways and everything, and they would be too huge for anything. Seraphs/longswords are pointless. Just use a banshee/falcon/hornet.

I like most of the other ideas. But some of you are just too childish and imaginative to see what you are talking about.

The only new vehicles I would want would be the vehicles from Halo Wars, (Wolverine etc) elephant (though I never used it) and the hornet, the Halo 2 Chopper counterpart (forgot the name) and maybe the civilian vehicles.

The actual forging ideas are nice. :thumbsup:

hmm i love every ones ideas and i have read literaly every one of them thay are great but no freekin huge vehicles just some normal ol ones and i like the phantom pelican idea along with the scarab and locust <wtf is a locust lol> and props to every one who posted something usefull and the two disc is great

d1: campaign/matchmaking/ firefight

d2:huge forge with multiple forge maps/ custom games

The locoust is a vehicle in halo wars that shoots a beam of plasma like the scarab, smaller than the scarab, has an individual moving set on top of the legs, 4 legs, and moves as fast as a tank, possibly if available in halo 4 could zoom and has same controls as a scorpion tank, yes it charges its weponds then shoots, like the scarab. should be more effective against inf, and air units than on vehicles