The Official Halo 4 Forge Thread

I'm an artist at heart with the urge to be unique so I need more options and things to make it easier to be artist to my limits so I HAVE SOME IDEAS.

• BUDGET CHANGE: Instead of putting a limit on pieces, since there's already a limit on money, take off the piece limits and only money limit.
  • REWIND/UNDO OPTION!!!: Please learn something from LITTLEBIG PLANET such as...
  • GLUE TOOL: When making a building from scratch, because I like to be unique, I want to be able to make a building made out of a million little pieces get glued into one piece so I can move the whole building when something very important comes to my mind that changes the map drastically.
  • TUTORIALS: FOR GAME TYPES ESPECIALLY. Learn something again... LBP has tutorials for EVERYTHING...
  • MORE PIECES/THEMED CHANGER: For each theme in the campaign, add different pieces that come from that theme, like gold pieces from Halo: Reach's Reflection map, purple covenant pieces, OR just add theme change for every piece.
  • FIX OVERLAP DISCO GLITCH: When pieces are over lapped, they tend to look like a disco ball when you move around, please fix that.
  • ADD WEATHER: My friend wants to add water in certain areas, WHEREVER!

HOPE I DIDNT FORGET SOMETHING!!!

Dear 343 Industries, I want very little new things out of forge. here are my ideas.

1.Why not like in halo reach have 3 catogories for weapons, Human, Covenant, and Forerunner

2.Nearly ALL forgers want to have a landscape editor were you can freely make giant cliffs, islands, and stuff like trees. Also you can SPAWN effects of fire, fog, rain, and snow. Why not also be able change the climate we want to make snow, swamp, and wastland maps too!

3.Another major thing is to spawn Ai. players and dead bodies. Some of us want to make campain like levels. Also plz add in pre destroyed vehicles.

4. And finally also make three structure catogories Human, Covenant, and Forerunners.

Being able to program forge maps into a 'challenge campaign' (story mode, basically) similar to vidmaster.... Would be amazing. Like, make it so you can put an "ending" and "beginning" gadget into a specific creation. Even create your own cutscenes.

I think such a mode would be more aptly named "Anvil".

Someone could remake DooM this way....

1.it would be cool to have your own firefight map that you can make

2. spawn marines odst elites brutes grunts and all the other aliens and to call in warthogs and a flying vehicle to kill something so imagine having a giant battle and you would have a certain amount of soldiers to help you on a forge map.

3.to be able to forge trees,create mountains,rivers(well i dont know), hills, plants, and other things like that.

4.well thats all i can think of i not sure about 2. but whatever. :laughing:

I love all the forge ideas everyone has had so far and i credit everyone for the ideas they came with as i will make a list of as many of the idea's as i was able to read (man 28 pages :sweat: )

To speak the truth i can add that not all the ideas will be put in or even be possible. you would know so if you used comen sence.

Here the list of the ideas so far:

Forge worlds: (ideas on how the new forge world should be)

A full halo ring to build on: guys plz notice how big the actual halo ring is. its way to big to work all out in detail this will probably need over a 100 discs to fully design the ring.

open space pocket: awsome idea an open space pocket but make it like sandbox and the space between the surface and space more wider.

A huge world with all the inviroments in it: also great idea but i believe its easyer to make a big map and change the inviroment from the intire map in the optiens.

The halo 2 library: this is an idea of my own as it would be based of the halo 2 library but can be changed into a human/covernant city by use of optiens (basicly changing the intire maps textures (if somewone els had the same idea I realy speak the truth not having read it anywhere els)

Forge items: (all the placable items in forge)

Dead body's: good idea (keep an eye on them when playing infection)

blood stains: best gues in there use is like its a sphere and every item within the sphere is getting a blood layer on it (of cource in a realistic looking way)

ai's like: wildlife civiliens covernant you name it: if you are willing to code there fuctions while your adding them sure if not they probebly just all stand stil however birds may be possible as for sentinals randomly flying around

terminals with text forge is not a campain editor. in other words give us the the terminal keep the text (basicly use for scenery)

decorative skulls/flags/bombs: also fine ideas no further comment

vehicles:

elephant halo 3: This one was indeed awsome and i hope it comes into the forge items. if not then PLZ atleast make a map with elephants again

civilian vehicles like forklift, cars from odst: indeed verry usable for decorating your forge maps.

troop-hog: good: its actual use in multiplayer would still be a gues but it would fit into the machinima use and decorative.

phantom - pelican - dropship (spirit): i know we all have been waiting for a long time to finaly get to fly them. but realise putting these vehicles in multiplayer would seriously be inaffactive as people would all climb into the beasts and there ya go: BIG TEAM BATTLE PELICAN VS PHANTOM. unless the amount of players per game is raised to 30 ON EIGH TEAM the pelican phantom and the dropship wont actualy make multiplayer better. although you could make alternative gametypes with it.

spaceships: corvette frigate: same with the pelican .... they wont be much of use in gameplay however they can serve in a (POSSIBLY) spacebattle mode where covernant attack humans or the otherway around. bu then still as unflyable ships with scripted mobility.

vehicles from halo wars: sure i liked the vehicles from halowars aswel and i do love to see some of those vehicles come into halo 4 (the vampire could form a good oponant against unsc air

odst droppod - covernant droppod: would be awsome for machinima and scenery. use in gameplay? perhaps if there indeed is a map with a space pocket and a surface from where in between you can transport by use of droppods and teleporters.

short/longsword: these 2 wont serve us any good either in multiplayer gameplay tho as scenery they can look awsome as landed or crashed

seraph - sabre: possibly if halo 4 has a space battle gametype (THAT WOULD SERIOUSLY ROCK THE HELL OUT OF HALO)

falcon having full use + grenadier version: YUP i like it.

hornet halo 3: Always good to see those come back :laughing:

AA wraith: as covernant has basicly nothing but handweapons against air this could be a good alternative. (ofcource together with the previous mensioned vampire)

AA megaturret - massdriver: May be cool in an invasion gametype however still not sure about them. i gues they are a bit overpowered to be actualy used. (doesnt stop me blowing ships out of the air :laughing:

halo 3 chopper: Can't wait to see that one comming

halo 3 prowler and its halo 2 countar part spectre: both would be usefull when you got a elite-brute battle.

halo 2 shadow: I dont know if many people remember this one from the halo 2 campain but they were always left on the sidelines well they could have been a great use in battle. be sure to look them up :thumbsup:

scarab: same with the pelican and dropships possible only usable in a gametype where the scarab is some sort of objective not realy usable for any other gameplay uses though cool as a part of a coverant base or whatever forge ideas you have with it.

weapons:

somewone asked for the return of the halo 1 plasma turret wich would indeed be not such a bad idea considering. however i believe that the turrets they made in reach are basicly a remake of those old turrets only smaller and more presice. (plz do add the fullrod turret :P )

further idk what new weapons there will be but i do have an idea on the target locator.

you may use this on for locking targets in battle for missiles and turrets to auto aim at.

scenery:

distroyed vehicles: sounds like a good idea

plants, trees more natural items. this is a must as there were no such items in the previous forges it would be one of the best addons in my opinion.

light briges: also a cool idea but make also a covernant plasma brige and a human version of it.

doors (auto or manual) also good idea and make it in every style.

elevators: this one is tricky. probably wont be added but i do hope for it will.

switches (for doors elevators or other uses): i gues it would also be a maybe feature as for the manual doors.

others:

explosive lamps: idk what the person ment with it i think he means just explosions to be placable?

lightsources this is already in the form of light spheres but i do hope they make them in different chapes and more available to be placed as you can only place a few <_<

fire/fog/splash effects: not sure i gues it wont be added due to the amount of lag it might cause.

new stuff:

weather controll and climate controll + day/night: this would be awsome if possible but it will probebly come as an optien to be set outside the map. (ingame optiens)

map editor: people be blessed with forge a map editor will only be POSSIBLE available for halowars if that is even discussable. map editor will take too much space no one can do that for a shooter game. forge was already a big step. dont ask more than forge.

distructable inviroment as far as i heared they would include it but i cant be 100% sure

object/vehicle creator and how you expect us to see your creations besides on pictures? seriously people be happy that you can do costum collars. go use paint if you want to paint warthogs so badly because how do mutplayer people have to see your costum made skins as they dont have it. you would basicly be the only one vieuwing the skin and respect 343 for making the already awsome skinns and stuff.

terraforming same as map editor i surpose?

water physics ability This would be an amazing feature to forge however it will take too much data to keep the water flow correct and corrispond with your map (i do hope 343 proves me wrong

new playable characters : i do like to play as a brute or odst for some times yea also being able to play as civiliens in infection would be awsome :laughing:

faster way to travel trough forge: with the possibility of a bigger map i do think we might need the oracles hyperdrives yea :scooter:

new forge optiens:

object scaling : wel this could be usefull tool if you need larger object but i must add that its only gona be restricted to structure blocks as 343 is not gona let us drive 3000 mile high warthogs.

object mirroring : this is a verry usefull tool many credits to the one who came up with it as this could make it easyer to make a symatrical map.

undo redo optien : WHY NOT? you can imagine the irritation of accedents? over and over and over? i understand if you dont emply it if its a source of glitches

selfdistruct button : whoever came up with this idea seriously go do it in reallife i dont think you would press it then :P

higher/no budget for forge : just to be clear to all of you. the buget WILL increase over time. as there will be more room for more items as time will develope new storage capabilities and so make more disc space for more items to be used. but unlimited has and will always be out of the questions unless you dont think your xbox would crash from it. (what would be an alternative to the money and item restriction is a lag bar that indicates how much items you can still place without affecting gameplay.)

glue tool to make several items combine into one and move like one : im all in for it :laughing:

copy and paste optien : good idea comes in good use with the glue optien.

optien to set spesies in other gametypes than invasion and inv slayer : so you can basicly set elites to be zombies for instance. i gues it would be a good idea.

Errors needed to be fixed:

the disco effect that when 2 objects collide they start flashing (make one be dominant to an other so that you only see ones texture and the other one will not be seen

rotation snap error: sometime when you rotate on 90 decgrees it sometimes snaps into a 180 degree and you cant get in between it Verry anoying.

slight rotation error: this usualy happens when with more that 1 person in a forge game the objects have the habit of slightly rotation once released.

disc stuff:

guys there 2 outcomes possible conserning the discs.

1: campain firefight and theater and on the other machmaking costum forge and theather.

2:campain and theater and on the other machmaking firefight costum forge and theather.

just you know machmaking is mostly on the servers so it wont take much space from the disc same with theather.

firefight is now an online feature so it would make sence if it was on the multiplayer disc but its possible for old odst disk style just with the optien to actualy go online then with firefight.

forging in firefight wont be realy possible although i seriously would like if it was and again i hope 343 proves me wrong saying forge on firefight is impossible but still for now i dont think its possible. (343 PROOF ME WRONG!

also most of this i just game my own opinion and a logic explanation to them but if i missed any be sure to tell me

againt many credits for the briliant minds of the people who thought of it all

I realy hope 343 will get these changes implanted.

bungie and 343 you both still rock i hope you make the best game of 2012.

edit:

my minimal expectations of the new forge and its maps would be that they have put a large number of forge items in every map there is and that those items belong in that map: (no forunner items in a human map for instance) reach only had scenery in none forrunner maps and that verry disapointed me. (not to mension the scenery i was missing in forgeworld) i hope they atleast would make sure every map has structures and scenery.

Halo 4 Forge Ideas

1. odst drop pods-ive been trying to make them since halo 3 but they never looked as cool or performed the right way. when you got in them you clip ur weapon into the side and take control of the pod and maybe have a little manuever capabilities.

2. ammo-yes i know theres other posts on these but i want to sum it all up and i give credit to whoever came up with it. anyways ammo of all sorts on the map tht u could pick up. you can make the any types of ammo you want and they come in like the little unsc ammo boxes or covenant ones.

3. dead bodies and blood stains- yes weve all seen them in the campaign but what if you could make a scene of your own? for instance you wanted to make a somewht scary infection map so you make the lighting dim and put a few human bodys down the hallway with blood stains on the walls. sick right? or maybe you want to make a regular battle map and put dead spartans and elites and all other types of bodys and put them all over the map. the ideas r endless. they could do it three ways. they could either do it like (spartan type 1, spartan type , spartan type 3) in the forge menu and it picks out three different scripted armors and colors to place around, idea #2 is there is just one option for each type of body (ie spartan, elite, marine, grunt, etc) and it randomly makes body type made up of armor and colors. and its random so everytime u choose the option over youll get a, lets say were using a spartan body, and the colors and armor types are randomly generated every time. #3 is you can get more advanced and pick the armor thats on tht body type and the specific color. and there can be all types of bodys like as for blood stains we put in all the basics. the regular red human blood, the light blue grunt blood, the purple jackal/elite blood, green skirmisher/bugger blood etc. and then you can place it or stick it to any surface object such as a wall or ceiling or floor.

4. this is also a biggy. many feel tht forge 2.0 was a let down because not all vehicles and possibilities were put in. im not just talking about the standard vehicles like in reach, im talking more. depending on wht vehicles they take out and put in halo 4, will change this, but they should have all the standard vehicles tht u would expect. Now, onto the big stuff. we need more variety to make bigger better maps and gametypes. like vehicles tht werent put into any halo forge. first off we should bring back the elephant from halo 3. although slow and somewhat vulnerable, it was invincible and made multiplayer and custom games turn into some wacky situations. but thts wht we love about halo all the crazyness tht can happen. i remember big team battle in halo 3 where both teams drove the elephants next to each other facing the other direction and as we were shooting and bombing the other elephant we all got this urge to become pirates and started jumping and boarding each others "ship" lets just say noone got the objective. anyways yes we want the old elephants back they were fun no matter wht. now some other vehicles. yes they should also throught in some easy to throw in vehicles such as the forklift and the troop hog. maybe even some civilian vehicles. those are a no biggy. but wht about pelicans and phantoms? is it possible we could forge them and fly them around? we would be able to load all the seats up with players and invade all at once quick and clean. whether they are invincible like the elephant is up to them. but even if we couldnt load up the phantom and pelican and sit in the seats and drive them, why not put them on the map anyway? thnk invasion where we could just place a phantom or pelicn to extract the core, and although we would be able to full interact maybe we could jump in the hangar and just use thier turrets? not a bad idea, but i would love to drive them and store my whole team in them. of course this is for forge not multiplayer so everything will be fine and balanced. unless 343 comes up with some crazy gametype with a pelican you never know! besides all tht, ik this is probably impossible but wht about ships? such as covenant cruisers and the unsc frigates with explorable hulls tht you could also put stuff in? hackers put the frigates on sandtrap on halo 3? why can a game developer do it? atleast its legal. but even if they couldnt how about smaller ships such as the one the odsts drop out of, tht are only half the size of the frigates? and for the covenant how about a corvette instead of a supercarrier? the ships may not happen, but pelicans elephants and all the others are possible.

5. yes this is just a little idea. spawn different interiors and buildings. yes ik its crazy but think about it. maybe spawn the interior of a building in exodus in reach or the flood lair where all the flood eggs are on halo 3? then for buildings maybe spawn a specific forerunner structure such as the one at the end of halo 3 where *** ******* dies. crazy but just an idea

6. this is just a small not important idea. ive always wanted to make a battlefield look worn and show tht something happend here before. so i think it would be kinda cool if you can spawn a destroyed version of a vehicle and place it on the map, uve probably seen the most commen ones the warthogs destroyed throughout the campaign. and yes ik i could just blow up my vehicle but then it dissapeaars eventually

7.this is another small one, just random crap like trees and plants to maybe make a cool jungle or forest map

Disc 2 Option- Halo 4 can come with 2 discs so it can fit more into the game.

Disc options

Have disc 2: YES-50 votes

Most Votes:Disc 1 Huge Campaign, Theater Disc 2 Matchmaking, Firefight,Custom Games,and a Kick-ass FORGE-23

add your own ideas:

That would be the best game ever.

soory but i forgot to mension some ideas i had myself too :blushing:

you all know the schielddoors right? wel let those schielddoors have schield texture belonging to every rase like covernant have their own textures and forruner and human have their own.

also the teleporters i had an idea that now you only have those little 1 by 1 teleporters. but what if they would make bigger teleporters so it looks like its ment for a vehicle to move through.

and this may be a little off topic but about the armoury they realy need to have armour peices for elites too and no full body sets. dispite i like being a human more than an elite it would be cool if you can put your own armour together and not a full set :thumbdown:. (should there still be an armoury ofcrourse :laughing: ) and if you bought a helmet and its upgrates you may want to put 2 upgrates together but you can't because none of the helmets carry both. i think they should allow us to put on those adisional gears ourselves aswel just like the armour peices.

i hope you guys like it :thumbsup:

Halo 4 Forge Ideas

1. odst drop pods-ive been trying to make them since halo 3 but they never looked as cool or performed the right way. when you got in them you clip ur weapon into the side and take control of the pod and maybe have a little manuever capabilities.

2. ammo-yes i know theres other posts on these but i want to sum it all up and i give credit to whoever came up with it. anyways ammo of all sorts on the map tht u could pick up. you can make the any types of ammo you want and they come in like the little unsc ammo boxes or covenant ones.

3. dead bodies and blood stains- yes weve all seen them in the campaign but what if you could make a scene of your own? for instance you wanted to make a somewht scary infection map so you make the lighting dim and put a few human bodys down the hallway with blood stains on the walls. sick right? or maybe you want to make a regular battle map and put dead spartans and elites and all other types of bodys and put them all over the map. the ideas r endless. they could do it three ways. they could either do it like (spartan type 1, spartan type , spartan type 3) in the forge menu and it picks out three different scripted armors and colors to place around, idea #2 is there is just one option for each type of body (ie spartan, elite, marine, grunt, etc) and it randomly makes body type made up of armor and colors. and its random so everytime u choose the option over youll get a, lets say were using a spartan body, and the colors and armor types are randomly generated every time. #3 is you can get more advanced and pick the armor thats on tht body type and the specific color. and there can be all types of bodys like as for blood stains we put in all the basics. the regular red human blood, the light blue grunt blood, the purple jackal/elite blood, green skirmisher/bugger blood etc. and then you can place it or stick it to any surface object such as a wall or ceiling or floor.

4. this is also a biggy. many feel tht forge 2.0 was a let down because not all vehicles and possibilities were put in. im not just talking about the standard vehicles like in reach, im talking more. depending on wht vehicles they take out and put in halo 4, will change this, but they should have all the standard vehicles tht u would expect. Now, onto the big stuff. we need more variety to make bigger better maps and gametypes. like vehicles tht werent put into any halo forge. first off we should bring back the elephant from halo 3. although slow and somewhat vulnerable, it was invincible and made multiplayer and custom games turn into some wacky situations. but thts wht we love about halo all the crazyness tht can happen. i remember big team battle in halo 3 where both teams drove the elephants next to each other facing the other direction and as we were shooting and bombing the other elephant we all got this urge to become pirates and started jumping and boarding each others "ship" lets just say noone got the objective. anyways yes we want the old elephants back they were fun no matter wht. now some other vehicles. yes they should also throught in some easy to throw in vehicles such as the forklift and the troop hog. maybe even some civilian vehicles. those are a no biggy. but wht about pelicans and phantoms? is it possible we could forge them and fly them around? we would be able to load all the seats up with players and invade all at once quick and clean. whether they are invincible like the elephant is up to them. but even if we couldnt load up the phantom and pelican and sit in the seats and drive them, why not put them on the map anyway? thnk invasion where we could just place a phantom or pelicn to extract the core, and although we would be able to full interact maybe we could jump in the hangar and just use thier turrets? not a bad idea, but i would love to drive them and store my whole team in them. of course this is for forge not multiplayer so everything will be fine and balanced. unless 343 comes up with some crazy gametype with a pelican you never know! besides all tht, ik this is probably impossible but wht about ships? such as covenant cruisers and the unsc frigates with explorable hulls tht you could also put stuff in? hackers put the frigates on sandtrap on halo 3? why can a game developer do it? atleast its legal. but even if they couldnt how about smaller ships such as the one the odsts drop out of, tht are only half the size of the frigates? and for the covenant how about a corvette instead of a supercarrier? the ships may not happen, but pelicans elephants and all the others are possible.

5. yes this is just a little idea. spawn different interiors and buildings. yes ik its crazy but think about it. maybe spawn the interior of a building in exodus in reach or the flood lair where all the flood eggs are on halo 3? then for buildings maybe spawn a specific forerunner structure such as the one at the end of halo 3 where *** ******* dies. crazy but just an idea

6. this is just a small not important idea. ive always wanted to make a battlefield look worn and show tht something happend here before. so i think it would be kinda cool if you can spawn a destroyed version of a vehicle and place it on the map, uve probably seen the most commen ones the warthogs destroyed throughout the campaign. and yes ik i could just blow up my vehicle but then it dissapeaars eventually

7.this is another small one, just random crap like trees and plants to maybe make a cool jungle or forest map

Disc 2 Option- Halo 4 can come with 2 discs so it can fit more into the game.

Disc options

Have disc 2: YES-50 votes

Most Votes:Disc 1 Huge Campaign, Theater Disc 2 Matchmaking, Firefight,Custom Games,and a Kick-ass FORGE-23

add your own ideas:

That would be the best game ever.

• Like 1

343 If your reading this i beg you to finish reading this. So halo is an already amazing game but may i propose a new game type? Well, weather it should be called a 'playlist' how ever you wish to include this is fine by me. The idea is space battle. over the years we have seen many UNSC Space ships and space station and the same goes with the covenant. why not make a playlist for it. perhaps, space conquest, or space battle, or space wars. call it whatever you want but this is in fact probably one of the better ideas for this game. if you think about it, you could make a crap load of game-types in this playlist. space capture the flag. each team has a main space ship. each ship has a bunch of battle ships or whatever in the main hanger. you have to get in the ship fly into the other teams main hanger and bring it back to yours. or just plain ol' space slayer. simple. everyone kills everyone. or maybe a space-demolition. where the other team has to destroy the other teams main ship by taking out the teams main support systems and such. this is really a great idea and forging in space, bam! amazing idea already. you can improve on this how ever you want and i really hope you read this and all the other ideas i have faith in you guys please and this into your game. also if your goinjg to make two disc's put firefight and the campaign on one and forge and multiplayer and space battles on the other.