The Official Halo 4 Forge Thread

What I would like to see is a map that has different terrain; desert, snow, and grassy plains. There wasnt alot of variety in reach. However halo 3, had it all and then some.

I would like to see a space box, similar to sandboxes skybox, with installation 04(halo) in the background, and the map have both unsc and covenant ship parts, make for epic space battles. Not to go all out on the subject but whatever is neccesary to make it feel like space.

Actuall drop pods! ive wanted it since odst! i would play that mission until the disk scratched.

Maybe bring back weapon holders? placing weapons on a wall felt retarded.

I would love it if i could change the paint of a vehicle, from basic colors to desert camo.

And will you please, for the safety of others, make forgeble trees! I mean ridgeline from halo reach felt like it was a prank! "we'll give you a tree, theres just a dead tree and two rocks attached to it"...

more lights, its getting dark in halo

maybe a scarab, thats alot to ask, but i would be fun smashing red team.

Large open area of land, i would like to see a a hilly grassland, like the backgroud of a windows computer.

Peace... ....Wi99leMan

Posted Today, 12:33 AM

Hi to everyone that is reading this post. If I am the head of halo productions (Mr.343) I will have some of this things

-Campaign

•A campaign that you can really see you second player though out the story (when your not playing.)

•Have little cute details. For example like if you want through a room where a little girl lived in you should see like a teddy bear. Or maybe cool little things if you shoot it does does something.

•THIS ON REALLY TICKS ME !!!!!!!THEY SHOULD HAVE CLONES THAT FIGHT!!!!!

if this days they are very near the braking point of human cloning in 2500's they should master it.

• More animals. I will love to shot a weird off from planet that never head from.

•things form the 21st century like coils buildings.

-Forge

•People said this before have forge and muiltplayer, ect on a second or even better make it a add on that you can buy (not at marketplace but at the story) sell it for $20 and make super good.

•Make it like roller-costar tycoon 3 editing mode.(Google it)

•A lot more but.... people said a lot of them.

-other things

• PRONE be great for sniping

•usable bypods

•squads (like in B.F.3, witch is better then M.W.3)

•L.M.Guns

•H.M.Guns

•boats (subs)

• super big space ships

•repair kits for vehicles

• soldiers classes

Posted Today, 12:33 AM

Hi to everyone that is reading this post. If I am the head of halo productions (Mr.343) I will have some of this things

-Campaign

•A campaign that you can really see you second player though out the story (when your not playing.)

•Have little cute details. For example like if you want through a room where a little girl lived in you should see like a teddy bear. Or maybe cool little things if you shoot it does does something.

•THIS ON REALLY TICKS ME !!!!!!!THEY SHOULD HAVE CLONES THAT FIGHT!!!!!

if this days they are very near the braking point of human cloning in 2500's they should master it.

• More animals. I will love to shot a weird off from planet that never head from.

•things form the 21st century like coils buildings.

-Forge

•People said this before have forge and muiltplayer, ect on a second or even better make it a add on that you can buy (not at marketplace but at the story) sell it for $20 and make super good.

•Make it like roller-costar tycoon 3 editing mode.(Google it)

•A lot more but.... people said a lot of them.

-other things

• PRONE be great for sniping

•usable bypods

•squads (like in B.F.3, witch is better then M.W.3)

•L.M.Guns

•H.M.Guns

•boats (subs)

• super big space ships

•repair kits for vehicles

• soldiers classes

quote circus mime

I know I am restating some stuff I just want to add to the list:

- Doors that you can open with a switch (like in campaign)

- Vehicle Customization

- Spawn Dead Bodies, Blood Stains, Crashed Vehicles, ect.

- "Glue Tool"

- Play as Brute (People have been asking about it since Halo 2, I don't care that much but it would satisfy a lot of people)

- Forge trees, rocks, water, land formations

- A boat, UNSC Shark or something. A turret on the back, I think it would be cool.

- Civilian Vehicles

- Halo Wars Vehicles

- Spawn Bases, like real UNSC bases. (have bunkers, armory, stuff like that)

- Edit the length, width, and depth of objects (Length of a bridge for example)

- Spawn AI or forge firefight

- Snap to other objects to quicken the process of lining things up

- Bring back the dogfight like the level in reach, a lot of good custom could be created with that.

- "Copy Tool" If you make a blue team base, copy it, make it red and use that for red team so you don't have to build it again

- Pelicans, Phantoms, Frigates, corvettes, super carriers. we want them 343

- A level that looks like a normal neighborhood that we can go in houses and have a war in the city, places we can relate to.

- Desert, Snow, Grassland, Jungles. A weather modifier so it can snow, rain, ect.

- Be able to change the color of walls and stuff, EVERYTHING WAS GRAY IN REACH! remakes of maps took a while to figure out because you couldn't recognize it and it all looked the same.

-Weapon racks that actually hold weapons (like the level crows nest in halo 3)

I think forge could be improved to the point were halo reach forge would look extremely outdated and having a great forge would make halo 4 just that much better

I just hope they make the forge like FarCry 2, that would be amazing. Because with FarCry, the map editing is great but the combat is a disaster. But because Halo is basicly Xbox, they could make combat and map editing great. I expect alot from 343 Industries. DONT LET US DOWN. Remember! Focus on forge, better map editing, BETTER MONEY.

What I Thing Would Be Perfect:

• A Better, larger or Unlimited Budget. Where there is no limit to the Pieces and we could Forge almost anything.
  • Multiplayer can be based on Halo 2's / 3's Ranking System and/or Engine. No body wants Reach, unlock achievements/find skulls to unlock armor.
  • Campaign I want based on the Planet that Chief and Cortana go in, the Forerunners, Chief and Cortana's story. And if we'll still see a Halo Ring...
  • Theater I want a smooth, relaxing feeling, where you can change the color in theater mode, take pictures, rotations, record and take screenshots.
  • Firefight I want to be like Halo CEA's, ODST's come to help, but not just 3 or 4, how about a button to call in a squad of Marines/ODST's???
  • Matchmaking I want to have Dedicated Servers, no laggy dumb, servers NO BODY likes. The playlists should be simple and fun, and you should find matches quick and easy.
  • Please, don't make the gametypes so hard to make like Invasion, Invasion is fun but really hard to make a gametype in forge in Reach. Make it fun and simple like the Halo we know.
  • Maps.... please, please, and PLEASE, make the maps original, classic and fun UNLIKE Reach. Reach's maps were not at all classic or memorable, just ripped off maps from the Campaign. Please make the maps fun to play on and memorable. To forge on and to play on... Please 343, maps are a REALLY important item to Halo. Do not just put some blocks down on a certain area like Forge World, something memorable.

This is the Halo 4 I want, it may be a bit much, but Bungie messed up on Reach, ODST and Wars are opinions, i'm just saying please 343, if you can do this, you are the greatest Halo creators ever, I would love you for life, Halo needs to get back to the top, like Halo 1, 2 & 3, make H4 an enjoyable and fun, classic, memorable game we will all love, Halo is already Original, just make H4 better than Reach, ODST, and Wars. This is our last chance for Halo.....

• Like 2

I'm gonna try to make an easy, organized list if things that would be good for the new forge

Options/ tools:

ALL vehicles have color changes(not just mongooses and shade turrets)

An option to allow force color to be independent or custom colors

Allow the player to change colors of spartan ln all areas, (instead of armor color one and two being basic and certain designated area)

Structures surfaces, infectious, forerunner, unsc, covenant, natural,transparent, no-way,one way/2way shield doors,and breakable combined with one of each certain type

Gound leveling/water heights/falls/springs,geysers, eruptions, broken ground merging type of piece,Fire,timed explosion effects,

Bring back halo 3 equipment and/ halo reach armor abilities, designated loadouts (meaning only one armor ability per person, but every person has a different ability on a team,

Vehicle additions:

Scarab would be cool for invasion,

That one covenant vehicle from Halo 2 with a turret and seating for 3

The chopper

The brute version of the warthog from halo 3 in which the name I do not recall at the moment

Trooper warthog

Falcon with grenade launchers and main gun

Odst drop pods

Anti air wraiths

Anti air shade turrets

Anti air scorpions

Pelican for forge or long ranged maps

Human jets from halo 3 and/or reach

Heavy banshee like those in the reach campaign

This list is kinda long and I can't think of anything else to add to it so If I think of anything else I will just comment on this

My suggestion would be artificial intelligence. Think about it. If we had artificial intelligence, things like duck hunt could become more realistic. A search engine wouldn't hurt either. Ever have one of those moments where you can't find the item you are looking for? Well, with a search engine, you could just type it in and then the item would spawn.

I think they should put skins, like how on Avalanche in Halo 3 all human vehicles had snow on them. I think you should be able to put snow,dirt,mud,leaves,vines on them to make them blend with map. I also think they should put weather control like you can make it rain, snow, hail, foggy, then you can choose how heavy its coming down. An example being like you make it rain so hard you only have 10 ft. visibility. Also you should be able to change terrain like say you want a river in the middle of a map you can put one or you want a mountain.

Regardless of what 343i descides to go with, I'm sure they will please us greatly. They will be able to make it so much greater than Halo 3. I mean, they knew they would have to when taking up the project right? To start off a whole new trilogy, you have to have a great beginner game, right? Just like Halo CE! I'm sure they will make the best Halo game ever! But I also do think they need to add all those Forge ideas in their. Make it EPIC. You know. And I know all you lazy bums don't want 2 discs, but hey, 2 discs means more room, better stuff, more fun right? And shouldnt that allow it to run maybe not faster, but smoother cuz of less data on the disc?

Thats a lot to ask for. I don't believe that they will be adding things as large as Frigates, Cruisers, or any Naval Ships of that sort. My guess is that the game engine 343 industries is going to utilize is not strong enough for such large models in sufficient detail.

I think they should add skulls and terminals in Matchmaking games to give one team an edge. As for what kind of skulls some ideas that I have are:

-Infinite Ammo for the whole team.

-Overshield/Invisibility for the team.

I think they should get more creative in terms of Matchmaking because it didn't change a lot from Halo 3 to Reach.