The Official Halo 4 Forge Thread

Elephants, Pelicans, Grisslys, Hawks, UNSC Buffalo (unsc version of the Scarab, i came up with this when on halo 3 i found it somewhat difficult to kill a scarab without dieing 20 time previosly by trying to board it) Locusts, Scarabs, locusts, phantoms (E.T.C) should be able to be driven.

Also, (sorry for double post) forge placible AI, like Forunner sentinels or flood forms running around the sides of maps, even the odd one that randomly runs straight across the map for no-where, also over-head 'Dog-fights' should be placeble and the debris actualy interactble( when it falls its stays there and can be crashed into/ hit /shot ,E.T.C)

im not going to be very detailed in my post but i have some things that other people might agree with.

how come forge world was the only map you cold basically forge on. sure it was big and had alot of items but after awhile it got boring. the same forging abilities should be available upon any map. also forge world was big but you couldnt access most of the map without a vehicle. make maps more accessible by foot and ground vehicle

more forging abilities:

a better variety and color of building structures would be nice. the same grey buildings with the same features and combinations.

being able to spawn trees, or make a certain area of land land turn into a lake for instance, forging would be better if youy could do more than just make buildings. changing the environment would be nice.

more vehicles. many people have stressed this but more vehicles would be nice. with halo 4 who knows what vehicles might come back or which new ones might appear.

Alright, here's my Idea:

Disc 1 - Campaign, Matchmaking, Floodfight, Custom Games,Theater

Disc 2 - Forge, Theater ( A disc dedicated to Forge )

Its keeps a classic feel to the menus... :thumbsup:

And for the Forge Ideas.. Let's get things straight...

Some of these ideas are ridiculous! Frigates, Ships, Covenant Cruisers? I mean yeah, that's cool and all. But come on people, that would be a total waste of game space and make everything really laggy.

The only new vehicles that I could see being in the next Forge are: the Pelican, the Phantom, the Serpah, and MAYBE a Scarab.

Anything else would just be ridiculous, in my opinion.

Well anyway, here are some of the ideas for the new Forge, that would be great.

1.Make the environment of the map, the way YOU want it.

Create your own landscape! This ability would change forge forever! Instead of playing in the same old regular place like in Reach's Forge World, you could create your own land and how it's shaped. Hence giving every map it's very own unique terrain. Unlike in Reach, where EVERY Forge map is on the same landscape everytime.

Creating your own shapes! Instead of having to use the "Pre-Made" objects, you could use your very own designed pieces. Making every map ESPECIALLY unique.

Weather/Daytime Effects! You know you want them! Why? Well because if you got to actually change the map to whatever type of area you want.. There's no end to how much uniqueness each map could have. For instance, 1 map could be rainy, while another could be snowy. 1 map could be could be early morning, while another was night time. Giving each map, it's very own "feel". Unlike in Reach, where EVERY Forge map was mid-day on a plain metal/grassy terrain.

The blood stain effect would also be great for creating eerie-effects to maps, and making your creations MUCH more realistic. Or even being able to spawn dead corpses. Like for example, you could choose which type of corpse: Spartan, Marine, Elite, ect. And then place it wherever you want.

Being able to spawn trees, rocks, hills, Flood hives, and stuff like that. This way, you could actually make the environment of the map different, instead of having the same trees and the same hills on the exact same spot every time.

Interactive Environment. Basically we could make breakable objects like glass and stuff. Or things that explode, kinda like the plasma batteries in Reach's Forge.

2. Tools for Forging

The "Glue" option would be Forgetastic! It would just make everything sooooo much easier.. Instead of having to try and move a whole entire creation from one forge space to another.. You could simply just move it as one big piece. Therefore, saving alot more time in forge.

The "Copy and Paste" option would be live saving! Mainly being used with the option "Glue". Instead of having to re-create objects, you can just easily copy them and then place an EXACT duplicate of them somewhere else. Once again saving alot of time in Forge.

Undo button. Now if your like me, and you've forged alot in Halo. Then you know how frustrating it can be when you accidently delete something, and then have to re forge it. But now, with this option we could simply just undo what we accidently did.

3. New things...

Being able to use the Pelican, Phantom, Elephant, and maybe the Scarab( For Scarab Fights ). As I said anything bigger than those vehicles to me is just ridiculous.

Spawn Drop Pods. I know it's not really needed.. But wouldn't it be awesome to use an actual Drop Pod? I mean I know you can create them in Forge by using tricks, but it's just not the same.

Doors, Elevators, and Switches. Having these would make forge soo much cooler and realistic. Having to do the tricks for these takes too long and doesn't even work half the time..

Use old and maybe even new Armor Abilities. Now personally, I -Blam-ing hate Armor Abilities. But for Custom Games and Forge, they were actually pretty fun and changed the way we could make custom games. Now when I say this should be a feature. I mean ONLY for custom games and Forge! Not in Campaign or Matchmaking!

Well that's all I can think of for now.. So yeah. Thanks for reading and Leave your opinions on this please.

And remember people, there's only sooo much a game can handle. So keep it simple. Things like Frigates and Space Cruisers would make the game lag like crazy, and aren't even necessary.

Halo 4's forge needs:

-A new forge world map that is much bigger in comparison. It should be called forge world for a reason.

-The larger forge world should have multiple sections that in themselves are huge.

-Said sections should have a particular item that only appears in forge where you can control terrain and weather. The sections terrain and weather should gently mix in with bordering sections.

-scenery effects(smoke, fire, blood stains)

-There should be an Item that allows you to insert music or sound into your map.

-There needs to be an area where you can make an underwater map.

-There should be a much higher height limit.

-Excavation tool!

-more vehicles

-more guns and by this i mean a variety of the same type of gun, only the variants have different drawbacks and benefits so that there is no ultimate weapon.

-Maps should at least be able to hold 32 people

-forgable switch activated doors, bridges, and elevators

-terrain that you can edit

-moar budget!

-individual items should have different skins, not different colors.

-Space Bubble!

-a wider variety of gizmos and do dads

-undo button

-delete every item button

-"safe houses" for infection (zombies cant enter and players can't kill while in them).

-physics tool

-teleporters that items and bullets can fly through

-secret areas for the players to find and explore

-enemy ai spawn points

-friendly ai spawn points

-i like that glue idea

-more items

-more natural objects (trees, bushes, etc.)

Overall, it needs even more awesomeness!

• Like 1

not sure if this has been discussed here but after watching the CE anniversary terminals video, i've gotten an idea i think they will use for forge. when you go into monitor mode as of now you are always the blue monitor. i think in halo 4 you will be your team color. if you're green team your monitor will be green. and red team you'll be red and so on for all the team colors

• Like 1

Yes the elephants was a very great idea the problem for them on reach was thet there are no maps for this vehicule the pelicans i think that should be only for big team batle because they are very big we would need more maps. and the phantom i dont know if that would be a very good idea.

fo

i will really want pelicans or the elephant from halo 3. Also phantoms :thumbsup:

I believe it would be reasonable to make a major alteration to the forge, since this is a new trilogy in the Halo series. The previous elements of forge would be included; however, perhaps an editable camping-like mode would be included in Halo 4. A campaign-size map would be somewhat ridiculous, but another map like Forge World could possibly do the trick. In this forge one could not only edit map and objective structure, but also create AI players which would behave according to given qualities, objective, and the actions of the player. I'm not suggesting to make unparalleled super tactical AI's, but maybe just give them the commands to defend objectives, kill enemy team, evade, etc. One could give them special traits, specific behavior, a certain appearance, some restrictions, or even some speech or subtitles. I know it all sounds crazy, but just think about it.