The Official Halo 4 Forge Thread

When someone dies or bullets get shot at a wall, there is a script code that runs for a few seconds then goes away. When the code runs out so do the effects. All they would need to do is have the code stay in place so that dead bodies, blood splatter and bullet holes stay in place.

We might not 10% of what we want but even a few changes would be nice. I think by Halo 6 we will have the forge we all want. The technology is moving so fast that everything will probably be built in a cloud system, not on your console, and saved there as well. The game would then be rendered in real time and streamed to your system.

What do you guys think about Buttons?

Buttons

This would have it’s very own section under the ‘gadgets’ menu. There would be buttons that open doors, make an elevator work, spawn a gravity lift, open a bridge( such as in last resort, the bridge that leads you to the active camouflage). It would save forgers a lot of time and effort in creating maps instead of creating a lot of advanced button systems over and over again. You could make bridges that drop across expanses of water. It would be great for Invasion maps.

i know i'd like different color options for blocks and walls and such cause i know one thing that drove me crazy was when you run out of blocks or walls or something you'd have to get creative using other pieces to finish your map but then it'd end up looking like poop and un-uniform

We gotta keep this add at the top so keep rating it people! Oh and yes this would be very fun but 343's budget wont be enough for all this!?!? I mean dead bodies? Dropships?Cruisers/Frigates?,Flood Hive? Dude way over the top. Their budget for Forge world was 5000 Dollars. You know how much that would Cost? I mean be realistic about this. But yeah all great ideas.

you guys need to keep in mind that you have to keep a cap on things, beacuse the more items you have on a map the laggier it gets, if you have ever spawned ALL THE VEHICLES in Reach, and let them slide down a slope, **** gets laggie quick, so you have to keep a limit if youre the developer, because with the pelicans and phantoms in matchmaking there would be alot of lagg. just keep in mind.

i do like what u guys are saying though, and i think it would be great to GROUP things, such as, a ship that u built in forge and you want to move it all at the same time.

They should make a map, like forge world, but you can go under water people can travel but vehicles will explode and people should have the ability to go under water for a limited time. If possible I would like to build tunnels under water and have an option to drain it out( takes a lot of space, I have tried) but atleast improved water physics.

in forge world there is a secret spot witch allows you to go deep enough to hide a wraith, it is about half the size of zelot

why not make a space map too in forge? we can make huge fleet to fleet battles

with:

marathon and halcyon-class cruisers

unsc frigates

unsc carriers

longsword and sabre fighters

ccs class battlecruisers

assault carriers

space banshee intercepters and seraph intercepters.

and why not but AA guns on our ships?

Srsly, some of these things are just crazy insane. We don't really need frigate's/longswords/seraphs/carriers/corvette's. They are too huge and would serve no purpose. I mean seriously, what would you do with one? They would all have to be automatically scripted with all the hallways and everything, and they would be too huge for anything. Seraphs/longswords are pointless. Just use a banshee/falcon/hornet.

I have seen a longsword/seraph before in custom edition i can see those 2 to serve as support vehicles plus it would b fun to fly around but you are right about frigates,corvettes,and carriers those would lag the game entirely

Guys, the reason its a barrier in the sky is so no matter how hight you flight, you can always be shot down. It ads balance to the maps, so not space thingie if we are not already in space.

I agree LuLz. I don't want people flying way up into the sky away from the battle. I just want a small area like outside of anchor 9 where we can forge.

well, it depends on the size of the campaign, really. But, If we're not thinking about a campaign too big, I would say:

disk 1: campaign, forge, theatre

disk 2: multiplayer, custom games, firefight, theatre.

More on forge.

Yes, having switches would be good, as well as elevators. the idea of the elevator should be created in a way that we could create those things that appeared in Halo 2 which we used to move around between island in Delta Halo. (don't know the name)

Meaning, one should be able to create an object and tell it to move from A to B after pressing the switch X.

This reminds me of the creation of moving objects, imagine: sme creates two pirate ships, have them pass near each other and leave; good for a funny CTF or assault game, for example.

if the discs were like tht thn we couldn't forge firefight...

why not make a space map too in forge? we can make huge fleet to fleet battles

with:

marathon and halcyon-class cruisers

unsc frigates

unsc carriers

longsword and sabre fighters

ccs class battlecruisers

assault carriers

space banshee intercepters and seraph intercepters.

and why not but AA guns on our ships?

dude awesome....maybe tht could be another gametype..

I like the ideas. For the bodies though I think it should work like you open a category for bodies Then select whatever body type (spartan marine elite flood or whatever they add) and it generates a random armor type and color combination then you could hit a button that creates another random OR creates a copy of the last one so you could make it look like a squad of spartans in the same squad were all killed instead of doing it over and over until you get the right ones.

Also turrets LOTS of them. I love making fortresses or ships with tons of defences, but if I wanted to make a human one I'd have to use the one standard machine gun turret or place a vehicle with a gun and place a bunch of stuff so you could only use the turret and not drive it around. It severely limited its firing range and didnt look nice. With covenant same thing, plasma turret or shade then I'd have to lock up a wraith or revenant or something to use. I think they should add machine gun turrets (but alot of variations like the standard, heavy burst fire, or maybe single fire heavy rounds), Gauss turrets, rocket turrets, Heavy round turrets (shoots scorpion tank shells or something more like artillery), grenade launcher turret, etc. (and they should be a mix of the normal one they have now where it's just on a tripod and you can remove it but then you nly have 200 bullets, and sit in ones where its a like a vehicle you sit in and can shoot, but can't move). For covenant they could have shade turret, fuel rod, beam turrets (like the new covenant sniper maybe a little weaker), new phantom style turret, maybe one that shoots beams like hunters did in halo 3 (also a god mix between removeable and stationary).

Adding those cool floaty scout towers covenant always use in campaign, maybe in different colors, so you could create a litte outpost or a cool entrance with guard towers.

I played a map in reach where someone made a sorta zipline style transportation thing, so adding ziplines would be awesome, maybe even ladders or elevators.

A scarab would be cool (maybe not in forge, but its possible if it's a seperate disk), same with a mac canon or something.

A battery recharger, I always hated how covenant weapons used the batteries that couldn't be reloaded instead you'd need to find a brand new one. Adding a station or somethign to recharge batteries (with set time limits or number of uses so that people wouldn't just camp next to it)

Instead of adding ships, just make good forge maps that are the interior of the ships (sorta like anchor 9 how you're inside a space station, but better for forging)

A new limit system I always had the problem of never having enough of what I needed and WAY too much of random other stuff. I understand why they limit stuff, but I always had to remove cool things I wanted in my map due to lack of space, maybe adjust the budget based on the size of objects not a limit for each category.

Those are a few ideas I have I have more but this is getting too long and boring to keep adding to so I leave the rest to the other members of the Halo community

in my opinion it would work good if they had a great campaign and firefight on disk 1 Have forge, custom games, and Matchmaking on disk 2. and have theatre on both since you'd want videos from both disks it'd be much more convenient.