The Official Halo 4 Forge Thread

I think if 343 wanted to they could fit the entire thing into 1 disk. I really dont want to switch disks every time I want to do something. Mabey 1 disk has campagin, which would give it so much room to make an amazing, huge campaign and theater. and the second disk for all multiplayer aspect, firefight, multiplayer, forge, and theater. this way you will be doing little switching. We also need a flat canvas map again (5 times - 10 times larger than sandbox)

Being able to make your own pieces (with a simple or complex constructor)

Changing the gravity and or climate

Changing the size of piece

A budget by total pieces not individual. I hated having all 50 rocks and 25 decorations and yet no bldng. blocks or walls.

MORE GLASS (I'm a huge glass fan)

More color

Being able to edit the terrain

Just some stuff to think about.

BTW If anyone wants to join an awesome clan with a large Forge presence that will keep you busy message me my gamertag is RisingPhoenix17.

• Like 1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disc 1-Campaign and Firefight

Disc 2- Multiplayer, Forge, Theater, Custom Games.

i believe that this will work the best Because when doing the Online multiplayer in Features in my version of Disc 2 you switch between those things often.

and in dic one havign campeign and firefight in one disc just fits together in my mind

A revision to my first post. I still think Forge should come on a second disk but to reduce lagging because of to much stuff..... What if when Forge is loaded into your xbox, all the forgable objects (vehicles, weapons, the different forgeable maps etc.) are saved on your hard drive. Everyone who wants to play custom games will need to only put their forge disk in at least once and download the content from it. This way all the information is not pulling from the one person who is hosting the game but some of the content data could be pulled from your own hard drive.

I honestly have no idea if that would even work or help with lagging. Maybe the other option is whenever you want to play a custom game with a friend he loads the map and it prompts you and any other xboxes connected via xbox live or system link to download the map and the game type. Then after the game is over it immediately asks you if you would like to save the map and game type instead of storing it in your temporary files.

Maybe the other option is whenever you want to play a custom game with a friend he loads the map and it prompts you and any other xboxes connected via xbox live or system link to download the map and the game type. Then after the game is over it immediately asks you if you would like to save the map and game type instead of storing it in your temporary files.

i like that idea,i would like the same with videos too so that i don't forget to save my carnage.

i like that idea,i would like the same with videos too so that i don't forget to save my carnage.

I didn't think about videos. That would be good too. I always forget which games were good and wind up watching six vids of games trying to remember which one had the awesome headshot or warthog fail haha.

Please YES!!!! Love all these ideas. what would also be aw some is a glue and copy-paste button. like if you glue lots of objects together and you're making a symetrical map, you could just copy-paste.

343i, Put LLL THESE IDEAS INTO FORGE!!!!!!

Yes oh no I forgot what I am saying yes to i got distracted by the Chat lol all i know is yes to what ever i am saying yes to!

Oh yea, Yes it wouldbe good to have more things so yes add a disk 2! lol

I think Pelicans and Phantoms are the largest vehicles we should have in forge (except elephants) realistically, Scarabs and frigates would be awesome but its way too out there. Locust in replace of scarabs would be more reasonable.

Yea but just think how fun it would be to have a Scarab fight.

I wrote in another post somewhere about how I would like to see some more AA's added but only for custom games.

Some things like supper jump, rage (be able to push unfixed objects around like brutes do), kick (similar to melee but is slightly more effective), and some other similar stuff. Again Only in Custom games. Not in matchmaking or in Campaign.

Pretty much made an account just to come here and talk about Forge in H4, but that's not important now is it?

I think of Forge as a toy. Map editors for other games, such as many RTS games, are tools; Forge is a plastic wrench. What I want is a tool.

I want all that we have right now, plus the ability to change the size of just about anything in any direction. We shouldn't be forced to play with building blocks when we decide to get creative in Halo, so why not give us the blueprint instead and let us warp it as we see fit? Not to mention the total lack of any sort of undo/redo button and the only semi-functional 'delete all' button. (Sure, it works, but only on items with the same exact settings)

In short, I want wider access to game resources in Forge. I know for a fact that they - both Bungie in past and 343i now - easily can add just about any object that we see in the campaign, in some way to Forge. Granted, most of them actually require some minor editing to get to and could even require new behaviors to be written... But really. That doesn't take much time and shouldn't be given the experience both parties have, so I'm not taking excuses.

But what specifically do I want to see? I want to see doors and armored windows that can be opened.. AND CLOSED.. with buttons, not 'Forge switches'. I want to see debris and corpses and wrecked vehicles. Give us slightly more access to coding mechanics in Forge, and we could take any sort of button mechanic they give us, link them and then link both to a small platform, and we could easily turn that into an elevator. Either stop dumbing it down or give us the option to switch from 'basic' to 'advanced' mode. I can't even begin to describe the things I could do with the ability to link any item to another one. Throw in the ability to make NPCs (soldiers, creatures, heck I don't know) and give them behaviors, assign them to teams, and even script entire events for each individual one? Hell, we should have had all of this in Reach if Bungie wanted to make Forge 2.0 so much better. If we had access to those things we could practically make our own Halo games. Machinima would be dozens of times easier. Another thing that struck me as obviously missing was destructable items, which we only rarely got (I can only remember there being pallets, equipment, vehicles, explosives and deployed shields) and that just isn't enough for me. Let's go ahead and make bunkers you can blow up, command centers you can flatten, walls you can 'remove'...

To cut to the chase and say outright my entire list of do-wants, just as Forge items...

Buttons, debris, corpses(human(oid), creature and vehicle), window frames, window glass, metal shutters, door frames, doors, destructable walls and buildings, all vehicles, all weapons, and here's the big one: spawnable NPCs.

some ideas i have-

a complete terrain option in forge, like structures or vehicles for example, you would click terrain and then it would say forest, desert, island, or anything else, (iv seen other people say this)

also, you should be able to move around the trees or rocks or anything that comes with these terrains, they would just be starting templates.

- Another idea is YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE YOUR OWN FIREFIGHT MAPS ON FORGE!!!!- wouldn't it be great to play your very own firefight map, you could put weapons, terrains, vehicles, buildings, basically almost anything you can do in forge only adapted to be a firefight map, you would choose where enemies spawn, and everything. i think that would be great, any other ideas on how firefight maps would work would be helpful

- on the 2 disk part, i think that one disk for multiplayer, forge, and custom games, and another for campaign, firefight and theater would be best, (since i think that most halo players spend most of their time in multiplayer, and custom games.

- also, id be interested to see what 343 does with the new armor capabilities, and see if they can continue the armor customization and make it better, i mean Halo reach had some great armor customization, people have already said things like more visors, maybe customization visors, where u have to buy colors, eyes, and it would sort of be like drawing a picture, but you have to buy every piece, i tihnk that any other armor customazation would go too far

- finally, in terms of vehicles i think what was said above pretty much covers it, and i would to see a gametype that really utilizes these vehicles, like for example, all players should spawn in vehicles, and it would be like invasion. in teir one your class options are warthogs, and mongooses for the UNSC and ghosts for the covenent ( for the UNSC your spawn partner spawns in the turrent. this tier would be a hill capture in vehicles.

next, in tier two the UNSC would get scorpions, and convenent wraiths. this could also be another capture the hill kind of objective

- in the final tier you would get falcons, and bansheess, again spawn partners would be in UNSC turrents.

i think that this gametype would be amazing if they make it and obviously you wouldnt be able to get out of your vehicle.

• Like 1