The Official Halo 4 Forge Thread

I think all of the ideas above are great but I have not read all of them so if this wasn't already suggested for forge I would like to utilize the idea of glueing objects together but not just for your own forge map how about saving a group of glued objects to your fileshare and/or harddrive for later use on your map or another persons map... This would definitely make forge more enjoyable for less avid forgers as they could create a map out of someone elses shared pieces in twenty minutes or less... Or how about being able to post it on your fileshare for a price that way players earn the right to use your forge item group but of course there should be an optional preview pf the item group before purchasing and/or test object group on a completely blank map please like this idea and put YES if you agree and please let's try to get 343 noticing this!

love this idea more though

I like the climate idea it would make ur level creations alot more creative 

Thanks, I think it could really give a good mood for a zombie map if you have next gen on and a rainy special fx. Idk, hopefully this gets more likes and it might be put in. If anybody has any more different climates, please post XD

Also, has anyboy brought up the idea of jet ski's or combat boats, for example the boats on bad co. 2 but tricked out for halo. Possibly being able to swim, but not sure about swimming since he weighs approximately 1000+ lbs.

the boats sounds like it could be fun, they were pretty fun in BC2, and yeah i doubt spartans can swim because of the weight like you said

I fell like my last post got shunned...

but, just to be nice ill repeat the good part so u don't have to go post searching.

My idea was instead of having one large forge map and many smaller/medium maps for multiplayer. What about having an XXX-Large map that has different types of biomes in it.

Like a jungle in one area and then a desert in another, and an ocean in another, etc. This huge map would have an even bigger budget, like maybe $1,000,000. (trying not to go over board)

Instead of making a bunch of smaller maps why not just build them in that map with the new pieces that they should definitely add, thoughts and ideas plz . (to be honest i didn't use the pre-built structures that much)

Oh and another thing.

If it is always the same map over and over again you really couldn't tell the difference between them while in the lobby, so why not have an object, like the load-out cameras, that would make a picture for the lobby to get an idea of what this map is going to look like.

I also think that a pelican would be awesome and fun, along with the rival phantom/spirit. I also like the idea of having at least 2 scarabs (SCARAB WARS WOOO!). and give me passenger and standard warthogs!

i hope this post gets some replies...

I think what would also be cool is if you could create "low gravity zones". these would act like the center room in condemmed or outside ancor 9. you could adjust the strength and size of the zone.

What would also be cool is if instead of a list of blocks or platforms, we could make our own. there could be a H, W, and L option. that would really help.

Also the glue feature. i have created many maps where after i finish i look at it and think, 'this map doesnt fit here,' or 'i wish i could move this map some where else'. this would be an amazing feature/

What would be amazing though would be a carve feature. wouldn't it be awesome to carve a tunnel through a mountain, or create a massive underground hangar, or even create an entire map under ground. this would be amazing.

Also... Weather and terrain. what if instead or filters you could just enter a custom setting. like: Precipitation, Time, Wind, Temperature, and so on. this would be awesome. But wait. There's more. what if we had more natural peices. like: Rocks, Trees, Bushes, water, and grass. this would be AWESOME!!!

Also an undo button. i have acsidintaly deleated intire structures because i thought i didnt need them. i would love just to undo it.

I hope 343i reads this and all the other great sugestions.

I think what would also be cool is if you could create "low gravity zones". these would act like the center room in condemmed or outside ancor 9. you could adjust the strength and size of the zone.

What would also be cool is if instead of a list of blocks or platforms, we could make our own. there could be a H, W, and L option. that would really help.

Also the glue feature. i have created many maps where after i finish i look at it and think, 'this map doesnt fit here,' or 'i wish i could move this map some where else'. this would be an amazing feature/

What would be amazing though would be a carve feature. wouldn't it be awesome to carve a tunnel through a mountain, or create a massive underground hangar, or even create an entire map under ground. this would be amazing.

Also... Weather and terrain. what if instead or filters you could just enter a custom setting. like: Precipitation, Time, Wind, Temperature, and so on. this would be awesome. But wait. There's more. what if we had more natural peices. like: Rocks, Trees, Bushes, water, and grass. this would be AWESOME!!!

Also an undo button. i have acsidintaly deleated intire structures because i thought i didnt need them. i would love just to undo it.

I hope 343i reads this and all the other great sugestions.

Great minds think alike, I also posted something on this forum over climates and i suggested making weather patterns like rain, snow, high winds, sand storms, etc... and making them into something sort of like special FX except it creates that weather pattern.

Here's a few of my ideas (sorry if some have been mentioned before):

Building Blocks (not just scenery or accessories like current)

-Forerunner structures (like current set)

-Human structures (city buildings, cars)

-Covenant structures

-Flood structures

Ability to toggle special movement for players like current AIs

-Run forward and shoot sideways or jump very high under normal gravity like Skirmishers

-Shove things like Brutes

-Express anger/emotion (like when elites throw arms in air when shield pops, grunts bend and shake weapon at player, etc)

Change time of day for main "sandbox/forgeworld" map

Non-useful vehicles for use in games

-Forklifts

-Cars (like ones in Winter Cont. in Reach)

-Transport hog

-Civilian aircraft

-Covenant aircraft (besides banshee)

More rocks/dirt/chunks of land for better terraforming.

• Like 1

IM NOT ASKING FOR ANYTHING I JUST WANT YOU TO MAKE HALO GOOD!!!

Multiplayer game types.

Spartans defend and covenant haft to destroy your transport and if you cant defend mission failed.

Weapons and Abilties and armor (Armour).

dual energy swords no dash when you press RT.

DMR and Battle rifle or a new weapon where you can switch from burst fire and and semi-automatic.

customizable weapons no camos.

put flames across armor instead of it being some small little emblem on your chest or shoulder and it doesn't haft to be flames it can be anything.

Sprint, jet pack, evade, halo 3 camo when you move you are all cloaked but it still does jammer so lots of enemies apear on your radar,

Maximum armor so its harder to kill you, Medic bubble from halo reach.

Please bring DUAL weapons back.

FireFight is amazing keep it in halo 4.

Map Editor and custom games.

you can choose what habitat or place you want to play in or edit in.

custom games please have no guns so you can melee war and halo reach assassinations

i have played HALO from day 1 i play halo 1 still now.

• Like 1

Halo 4 should be one disk or a 2 disk option with Forge being the second disk. I know so many people who never have used forge and don't care anything about it other than to play what others have created. Make the 2 disk option a little more expensive (15 bucks maybe) and then all of what we have been talking about here is possible.

Also I want a link or group objects feature and copy feature! If I am building 4 team specific bases I don't want to have to build each one individually knowing there will be slight variations in each of them. Give us the ability once objects are in place to link them together so that an entire structure can be moved instead of piece by piece. And then the ability to copy the structure and place its copy on another part of the map.