The Official Halo 4 Forge Thread

(sorry if already stated)

=====FORGE=======

--no limit restriction--

so if you can afford it you can do it eg. 1000 walls or 1000 triangles instead of 500 walls and 500 triangles.

--textures--

all objects have a number of textures eg. sand wall, forerunner or forest.

--NPCs--

npcs from the game BUT only in offline local mode so it doesn't lag

--more structures--

more structures eg. large ships for background use

--more props--

more props like; bodies, guns that don't cause ammo increase, destroyed vehicles ect

--mission mode--

player build something in forge fills it with npcs and creates his/her own version of spartan ops.

-un-rip-off-able turrets-

turret that cant be ripped off but more powerful

-more forge pieces-

-map effects-

effects like dust, snow, mist, night(not dark) also the choice of heavy medium or light

-natural pieces-

rocks, trees, dead shrubs ect

-lights-

covenant or human

====Vehicles=====

all vehicles like elephant and others should be in there

-Ghoul-

covenant transport vehicle, power between spectre(halo 2) and the wraith. holds:

1-driver

1-gunner

4-seated

-vampire-

covenant attack aircraft, kind of like the apache helicopter from battlefield 3

holds:

1- pilot/ weapon-2 fuel rode cannons

1-gunner/ weapon heavy plasma machine gun

-Turtle(or something else idk)-

human version of the ghoul

-Badger-

a light armoured vehicle, power between mongoose and war-hog

holds

1-driver/ weapon-small machine gun with a limit view of shoot range.

=====WEAPONS========

all weapons from previous games

- forerunner knights sword-

slower but longer range than energy sword

-Combat bow-

a bow that takes time to charge up, slow arrows, instant kill

-halo 1, 2 ,3 , reach and odst pistols-

the pistols from each halo game because they change alot

- machete -

like energy sword but for humans

======Armour Abilities======

-drop med-pack-

drops a med-pack on the floor that restores shield instantly

-flash-

like the flare from halo 3

-night vision-

sees in dark maps

-heat vision-

human version of forerunner vision but instead of x-ray increase vision in front

======Other===========

-forge maps-

come in snow, forest, dust, night, day ect

-more game options-

more/less objectives in invasion, lives instead of time ect

-gun camo-

like the pre-order bonus for br

-load outs control-

load outs include armour restrictions, colour, weapon, damage, speed, health, armour abilities exclusive to that loadout

(there will be alot of mistakes)

So I think that the pelican phantom and all other halo vehicles shout be in forge and the should have space forge maps where you can forge covenant cruisers and frigates all of the space ships

Also you should be able to chose the size of your spartan like from regular size to a slightly larger size like George from halo reach

Ideas:

1.) It would be nice to have each map variant to come with a clean slate that way anyone can build their own way without having to search the whole map for everything.

2.) Another Forge World. Something like Forge World V2. A larger map, keeping the more popular things like the canyon and waterfalls, and adding a larger variety of natural areas. Like deserts, forests, grasslands, and arctic areas.

3.) If the Falcon is kept a chaingun should be added for the driver, as in the campaign. This would keep banshees from completely destroying them.

i've been with halo since halo3 and i've wanted doors you can open and close ais you can place down for maps also more drivable items like the forklift or traxus truck also weather affects also infinite money if you think any of these ideas are good like and tell 343.

Halo 4 should have a forge with movement mechanics/animations.

These could be done with everything you can place and here's how 343 could do it. You place an object in the air and so it doesn't hit anything, you put it's setting on phased. You then press B on the object and it will bring up that coordinates thing. You press A on the edit coordinates and it comes up with everything to do with coordinates that 343 will put in halo 4. This would include the movement mechanics/animations/(whatever you want to call it). You then press A on that option.

Then it will come up with "1st location", this would be the place and position it would be at the moment. It would also have "2nd location", this would be where you want to move it. It would have the coordinates of the place you want it to go to and the position that you want it to be in by the time it gets there (kind of like the degrees). This way, you can move the object from location x to location y at ease.

You can also say how fast you want it to get there, for this you have two options, you can only choose one. The first option being the amount of time you want it to take for it to get there accurate to a tenth of a second. The second option being how fast it gets there in a speed of kmph or mph.

Then below the "2nd location" there would be 2 options. These would be "add another location" and a tick box saying "repeat". Pressing A on add another location would add a 3rd location for you to put coordinates and positions on and everything else you could do for the "2nd location". The tick box saying repeat would just repeat the whole series of locations. You could have up to 100 different locations.

This would be cool if put together with the potential "glue" tool if things like pelicans weren't actually put in, but someone could forge a pelican and fly it around the map for once, but you wouldn't actually be able to control it... You could also surprise people by having the times put on the fastest speed or 0.1 seconds. You could fling them from one side of the map to the other which could be fun for a certain game type.

• Like 1

i've been with halo since halo3 and i've wanted doors you can open and close ais you can place down for maps also more drivable items like the forklift or traxus truck also weather affects also infinite money if you think any of these ideas are good like and tell 343.

I agree with all of these besides the infinite money. Now I do want an increased budget. But infinite cash will result in a lot of lag and it would be nasty. They make a limit to reduce the chance of a map overload.

However I don't want restrictions on how many of a certain piece you can use.

-As sme said earlier, a forge option for pc would be nice, this program could be free, as only halo-4-buyers will want to download it.

totally agree with this. Forging on a PC would be sooooooo much easier, quicker and mods could be made and introduced much easier. This is probably the best idea.

Then comes the bodies and blood and battle damage (blown up vehicles structures and craters and stuff like that.

Then the vehicles and ODST drop pods (USABLE).

Then the glue

Then the rest I haven't mentioned.

All of this would be amazing for Forge and MACHINIMA seeing as it really took off when Halo came out, especially with RvB.

Add a vehicle I like to call the Grenade Warthog where the turrent launches 6 frags before reloading and the Fire Warthog with a Falmethrower, add AA Wraiths, Covenant Cruisers, And UNSC Frigates also spawn Grunts, Elites and set them to Ally or Enemy then set them to Friendly or Aggresive, maybe spawn ODSTs or Marines and do the same, kinda good for Machinimas! Add the Target Locator.

It would be great if they added in zero gravity zones. Bungie introduced some of these in their map pack maps condemned and anchor 9, but never got to expand on that idea. If you could at least have some preset zones with shield doors set at specific points on it, like a giant cube with shield doors on two or four sides. It would be even better if you could create your own dimensions to fit the requirements of maps you are creating or differenent gametypes. If they did add in zero gravity zones, they could also make it possible to put objects inside that acted without gravity as well, and they could act as barriers or places to take cover. Zero gravity zones could also make great places for objective game types or places to defend. Just an idea, though. :)

Somethings I would like to add as well would be:

1. Hopefully they do approve forge on staying.

2. A pelican, make is slow like the one in Reach you can drive but don't make it invulnerable, but for the health I would say make it the same as a phantom. FYI takes about 4-5 well placed shots to destroy one.

3. Troop Warthog, it gives people another warthog to ride around in, it's a simple idea and could make it easier to support your team. Make it for players to ride in the back seats as well. This also makes a good quick response vehicle for CTF or Assault.

4. AA Gun, this would make great idea for base maps. Just for the fact that if someone so happens to be assaulting your base with banshees or whatever it would be great. Let it be player controlled that way it's not a cheap shot from an AI control as well as give it a health bar for about something equivalent to a pelican.

and last,

5. I would want the most simple things in forge, put vehicle skin colors. In Halo Reach you were able to customize the mongooses skin color via selecting TEAM COLOR in options. But make it for other UNSC vehicles as well like Scorpions, Falcons, Mongoose, Convoy, Warthogs, etc.

This is probably a dumb idea but i think that they should add a "Spray" option in Forge so people can spray images and gifs on objects, just to add more creativity to it.

That would be difficult just for the fact that, Halo Reach firefight map Holdout had rain. And it was a good battlezone map, but all the rain caused lag. Imagine (What is it now on Halo 4 max players? 18? 20?) 18 players in one lobby where there's a snowstorm, think of how laggy that would be.

definetly want to be able to play outer space maps, so im guessing and wishing for an outer space forge world...there should be

1) a gravity zone and also in which direction

2) vehicles from banshees to covanant crusiers and from sabres to frigates(broken or operational)

3) turrets (heavy)

4) background custimizable

5) asteroids

6) covanant cruiser/frigate path taken

7) objectives

then there you have it, an increadable invasion map