How active is Halo 2 for PC at this point?

-AD-Ewok

Hey,

though theres threads asking if anyone still plays, I'm wondering if someone can give me a rough number on how many people are usually playing Halo 2 for PC. I only got Halo CE for PC months before H2 came out on PC so I've never really had an interest in H2PC because they took out race type, required vista, and I was still having fun on CEPC. It looks like it's only 15$ brand new now and I want an active Halo environment without shelling out the $ for a live membership to play Reach multiplayer ( I really can't afford a monthly fee with my tuition). CePC is pretty much dead at 300-600 players online unfortunately. Is there a decent clan scene with Halo 2 PC?

I'll be greatful for any status updates with this game.

Thanks for the info. I don't think I will bother getting it then. I wouldn't call the PC version broken, dying, yes. Wish I could leave the game be but there is none other FPS I like that have the same vehicle usage. If you have any suggestions for PC FPS like Halo in that way that would be awesome. But either way thanks so much for the rough count.

First off Snipesnide, the port is exactly how it was on Xbox 1. Vibrant, is a good way to describe it, it has seen some pickup in the last few months. The reason it is not the stellar title it could be, is simply because it requires Vista or 7 to run properly and enjoy multiplayer. Forget what people say about it on Xp, it plays much better on Vista on 7....if you have an up to date machine...but thats another whiney ass tale for another day. The game costs you a measly $10 to $15 bucks....we aint exactly breaking the bank or the allowance funds here.

It's agreat port with lots of map making potential. trust me, I'm a co-leader for the H2MT on Monstrmoose.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input TwinReaper. Would you agree on his comment on how active it is though? I am on Windows 7 so no issues there. I know it's cheap but I pay for my school out of pocket and have little to spare. Any games I get usually come from selling off rpg's I've beaten :P

@s3c Halo CE and Halo 2 are on PC. I can't speak for Halo 2 (obviously) but Halo CE for PC is great fun and worth a buy though it's far past its prime now. It was 20$ when I got it in 07 so I would expect it to be cheaper than that now.

• 1 year later...