[GameSpot] - "Woefully Inadequate" -- Reggie Fils-Aime On Representation And Diversity In Gaming

343iBot

Former Nintendo of America boss Reggie Fils-Aime has once again stressed the importance of diversity and representation in the gaming industry. As things stand today, the video game industry is doing a bad job with this, Fils-Aime said, describing the gaming business as "woefully inadequate," and he is hoping to help do his part to improve matters in the future.

Speaking with GamerTag Radio, Fils-Aime said, "Representation is tremendously important. You're framing the question in terms of black and brown. But I would argue it's representation across the entire spectrum. It's critically important to me. It is a core principle for me and has been throughout my entire career."

As an aside, Fils-Aime shared that when he was a hiring manager at his previous company, Procter & Gamble, he fought with his boss to hire a woman who was a non-traditional candidate. She came from a less prestigious school and did not have an MBA, but Fils-Aime saw great potential in her and her ability to get things done. This woman ended up staying at Procter & Gamble for 20 years and rose higher up the career ladder than Fils-Aime himself did in his career there. They remain friends today.

Continue Reading at GameSpot

View the full article