Should Halo 4 be on dedicated servers?

L4B

Should Halo 4 be on dedicated servers?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Should Halo 4 be on dedicated servers?

• Yes
    • No

Decided to see who else feels they should follow the same footsteps as those being released nowadays. I think it will be better for a huge title like ''Halo'' and from my experience playing GOW3 on their dedicated servers sure helps out. No longer do i get all the bs games lagging everywhere. If you don't agree that’s cool but take note if you've had lag issues on a game like GOW3 in the past its either down to you having a ****y connection or you playing on their hosted servers which if you go and purchase the new maps you'll find it's better and that they stick you on the dedicated servers which helps a hell of a lot from what we all use to.

So what do you think? and if no then please explain why...

awesome, hope thats true but will have to wait and see!...

and why already someones said no above and cant explain why??? pretty sure majority of the people would prefer it to be but hey some ppl like the lag lol.... maybe its them lagging it up so they have an advantage lmfao can see that happening ALOT :)

exactly :) I had huge issues back in gow1 & 2 but now that they have dedicated servers i have no issues with lag what so ever!... Its why i enjoy playing it so much as when you back to COD or Halo you get lag within seconds lol so that time has come defo

hav no clue, i just tried editing to have a look see but seems you can't once the threads been created :( who ever did really doesn't have much leg to stand on why he voted no lol

who wouldn't want dedicated servers com'on

Decided to see who else feels they should follow the same footsteps as those being released nowadays. I think it will be better for a huge title like ''Halo'' and from my experience playing GOW3 on their dedicated servers sure helps out. No longer do i get all the bs games lagging everywhere. If you don't agree that’s cool but take note if you've had lag issues on a game like GOW3 in the past its either down to you having a ****y connection or you playing on their hosted servers which if you go and purchase the new maps you'll find it's better and that they stick you on the dedicated servers which helps a hell of a lot from what we all use to.

So what do you think? and if no then please explain why...

dedicated servers + 60 fps = amazing game play flow

Keep one thing in mind guys, dedicated servers will NOT alieviate the lag that we all experience. Having a dedicated server to host on-line games, only reinforces the resources and hardware capabilities of the experience, it does not dictate in any way, your ping or inprove your connection if you are gaming with people outside your own country.

The servers will be located in USA, therefore, anyone outside the US will automatically more than likely have a lower ping based on actual location. factor in also, that not all countries give you the speed you actually pay for. As posted before by an independant study, the US actually ranks below Europian countries and Korea (#1 bandwidth and speed), when it comes to average speed U/D experienced by customers.

In short dedicated servers will only alieviate the data mining and processing from your home console, which is waht we have now with hosting in Reach.

Keep one thing in mind guys, dedicated servers will NOT alieviate the lag that we all experience. Having a dedicated server to host on-line games, only reinforces the resources and hardware capabilities of the experience, it does not dictate in any way, your ping or inprove your connection if you are gaming with people outside your own country.

The servers will be located in USA, therefore, anyone outside the US will automatically more than likely have a lower ping based on actual location. factor in also, that not all countries give you the speed you actually pay for. As posted before by an independant study, the US actually ranks below Europian countries and Korea (#1 bandwidth and speed), when it comes to average speed U/D experienced by customers.

In short dedicated servers will only alieviate the data mining and processing from your home console, which is waht we have now with hosting in Reach.

Interesting to hear that Twin, do agree when you mentioned the bandwidth/speed as we do have quick broadband here in Europe than those in the US. Here in the UK they busy testing 300mb and up to 1000mb.... yeah no lie either! I work for Virgin media and my tech guy told me the other day which is pretty cool. and with regards to Korea they 10 times faster than us if not more! Don't have much issues with GOW3 and Lag at all tbh. If anything I've had a bit of lag when downloading but nothing to bad that I can't play. Same with any Halo i play don't have any issues, if any in Halo it's not my connection and someone else who's host.

Do you know where the GOW3 servers are based Twin? so far i don't see why H4 wouldn't seeing its the way of the future with all these big titles coming out.

• 8 months later...

Lol at all these Europeans claiming their connections are better than in the US. Wow, here in California we get ~30MBps for about 20 bucks per month, and NO DATA CAPS! That's the kicker, Americans can use their internet without having to worry about idiotic data limits. European ISP's have ridiculous data caps.

Just check any speed test website, American ISP's are far more efficient than the European counter-parts. I don't know where you guys are getting your info from, but it is completely false.

Interesting to hear that Twin, do agree when you mentioned the bandwidth/speed as we do have quick broadband here in Europe than those in the US. Here in the UK they busy testing 300mb and up to 1000mb.... yeah no lie either! I work for Virgin media and my tech guy told me the other day which is pretty cool. and with regards to Korea they 10 times faster than us if not more! Don't have much issues with GOW3 and Lag at all tbh. If anything I've had a bit of lag when downloading but nothing to bad that I can't play. Same with any Halo i play don't have any issues, if any in Halo it's not my connection and someone else who's host.

Do you know where the GOW3 servers are based Twin? so far i don't see why H4 wouldn't seeing its the way of the future with all these big titles coming out.

I am pretty sure GOW3 uses DemonWare servers so it is probably in the USA.

Dedicated Servers cost money you idiots. I don't want to pay another 5-10 dollars a month to play halo. A dedicated Xbox acting as server option would be nice. Also the ability to buy servers for you and your friend or group to use would also be nice.

Do you understand how much money these companies get per release and the fact that they are published by Microsoft?