How Long Have You Been Playing Halo?

General PWNFACE

One thing I've always wondered when I get matched up against people in matchmaking, is exactly how long those people have been playing Halo for and what was the first game they ever played. It always brings back good memories when I think about when I first started playing and just rushed with whatever version of the AR there was, and thinking of what a noob I was. I personally first played Halo: Combat Evolved when it first came out in 2001, but at the time I was only 8 and thought it was stupid because I was so horrible at it, but I eventually got interested in it again when I got into High School and I regularly played Halo 3 with people from my school after school every chance I got. I guess to end it I just want to ask two questions...

How Long Have You been playing Halo and what was the first game you played?

• 2 months later...

Wow... 10 years. 10 long years of wonderful Halo enjoyment. Started with CE playing at a friends house, when Halo 2 came out, got an Xbox for Christmas that year, along with the game. Been hooked, and can't wait for Halo 4 now.

I played a long time ago, back in 2002 or 2003. I was captivated of the style of game, because I had never played a game like this before. All I had ever played was Mario or games like that on the Nintendo. I wanted to play again.. but the next time I got to play, it was Halo 2 at a friends house.

I instantly fell in love with the game and I wanted to play it more and more. My friend eventually sold me his Xbox and his Special edition Halo 2 game with the platinum case with a blue 2 on the cover. I cherished that game and then suddenly heard about MLG, I wanted to make a team and go to a competition in Charlotte. But that didn't happen... Xbox 360 was released.. I knew Halo 3 was coming out the following year and wanted to prepare because I knew MLG would swap to the game. I got 360 for Christmas, and also a brand new copy of Halo 3. IT was the greatest thing I have ever played besides Halo 2.

From there, no other game has ever come close to the Halo CE - 3 games.

That is the story of how my Halo addiction began. :unworthy:

• Like 1

One thing I've always wondered when I get matched up against people in matchmaking, is exactly how long those people have been playing Halo for and what was the first game they ever played. It always brings back good memories when I think about when I first started playing and just rushed with whatever version of the AR there was, and thinking of what a noob I was. I personally first played Halo: Combat Evolved when it first came out in 2001, but at the time I was only 8 and thought it was stupid because I was so horrible at it, but I eventually got interested in it again when I got into High School and I regularly played Halo 3 with people from my school after school every chance I got. I guess to end it I just want to ask two questions...

How Long Have You been playing Halo and what was the first game you played?

Lets see... it was my little brother who brought home his first Xbox and CE one week after release. Watched him play a few missions and left the house, came back 30 minutes later with my own controller... so... it was Octoboer or november 2001 I started. Attended a few LAN's for CE, participated after I saw three, then the great information collapse from bungie.net lost the records (I still shake my fist in anger. lol). Halo 2... I was one of the people who wanted my pistol back and signed up on halo2sucks.com, that site is down now...

So yeah, late 2001, one week after release.

• 7 months later...

My first Halo game was actually Halo 3 when it came out, loved it so much but hardly understood it so I played CE and Halo 2, and fell in love with the series. Have to admit my first favourite character was the Arbiter, always thought the marines were were calling me the 'Spartan' when I was playing as Arbiter XD lol :laughing: