Halo 2 Remastered for 12th Halo Anniversary

Arbiter

Halo 2 Remake!  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Should they remake the original Halo online multiplayer?

• Yes, definitely!
    • It would be nice, but won't kill me if they don't.
    • Do not care either way.
    • No I do not see that it is necessary.
    • Just bring the original back online.

Halo 2 was the start of something...even though Halo: CE was really something, the story never really took off till Halo 2. This game had everything like the start of online multiplayer and skulls (like the popular Grunt Birthday Party skull). The soundtrack was a masterpiece and was so popular that a second volume had to be released. Without the storyline that Halo 2 created, how different would Operation: First Strike and Halo 3: ODST be? It might not be that different, sorry. But those little things in Halo 2 like the first glympse of the planet Reach with the Pillar of Autumn fleeing from it, High Charity, those unique background sounds when on Delta Halo and the amazement after discovering dual-wield. This game was a godsend, not to mention the Covenant's perspective from the Arbiter while he was racing the UNSC to the index. The Arbiter and Master Chief also meet eyes with the GREAT SCHISM and turned the Coventant into a massive war (Elite v Brute material) with the Master Chief still continuing to chase the prophets through High Charity to the Forerunner Dreadnought with Cortana guiding him. Who can forget those 5 marines you get to rescues and give them each a beam rifle? Lot of fun, especially when the Chief assaults the Mausoleum of the Arbiter where the Elites were falling back to after the Great Schism with Breaking Benjamin blasting in the background. The setting created was truly remarkable. What better way to finish the game with the Flood invading the city?

So please, a remake of Halo 2 will be more than just an attempt at remaking the whole trilogy (I'd rather see a remake of Halo 2 a hell of a lot more than a remake of Halo 3), it does have a special place in the trilogy. Think of the graphics when looking out to High Charity, the Scarab (or maybe not the Scarab), the view of Earth the Reach from space and multiplayer!

A remake of Halo 2...

It would be huge.

Well, i think they should just bring it back online or whatever, why waste money and man power to make another remake? When they need tobe focusing on 4,5,6. Maybe after this they can do another remake, but for 12th anniversary? No.

Ya but they dont sell Halo 2 in stores any more.

they should bring back halo 2 it was a good turning point in the war and a great story in all of the halo games.

Halo 2 was one of the best games ever made and they should remaster it. :thumbsup:

but some times and put them as the 2nd place in the rating of halo games but it would be cool if there was a remastered one.

:clap:

that would be cool if the brutes would be more like a fur on them

the ship would be cool when if remastered

the last mission was the best part of the game :thumbsup: :guitar: :blushing:

• 2 weeks later...

I think that it would be nice for 343 to have remastered and recreated the two notorious Xbox originals that helped make the Halo multiplayer into what we all know it to be today. I do not agree with the opinion that after a H2 remake would come H3. If 343 were to do it, they would most likely leave H3 be, considering people still play the multiplayer, and it would be no different. A Halo 2 remake would be wonderful, but I would prefer 343 to bring back the old maps in Halo 4, perhaps in a map pack release or something.

I think the post is called "12th Halo Anniversary" because Halo 2's 10th Anniversary will be 11/09/14, which is near the 13th Anniversary of the Halo Universe. Looks like someone messed up some math!

I wouldn't mind a remastered version, and although I would prefer having the original be resurrected from the grave, I know that no game developer would ever do such a thing. Plus, Halo 2 will always be remembered as a classic, not for its Campaign (which isn't that bad, but some people have qualms with it), but for its one-of-a-kind online multiplayer experience. Having the original being made available as an XBLA game (Campaign only) wouldn't be a bad idea, though.

Halo 2 has my favorite campaign, and I doubt 343i is going to remake it, but if they did, I would be first in line to pre-order it. Playing as the Master Chief and the Arbiter and seeing how their missions interact with each other was fun, and still is today. Playing a polished version would be fun as hell. With or without the polished graphics I love Halo 2 and 343i and can't wait to see what they'll do with Halo.

Stop calling ir h2. Respect the epic. Just call it HALO 2. And yes a halo 2 remake would be nica but that would call for a halo 3 remake and that is unneeded an accessive.

Even though the Pros even say H2..................and they had the upmost respect for halo 2.

• 2 weeks later...

Halo Anniversary is actually more of a pet project. I really don't think a halo 2 remake is gonna be made anytime soon. They are remaking CE on the side, and I believe Bungie didnt even want them to at first. If there is a halo 2 remake it probably won't be until after halo 4, 5, and 6, by which point it might have enough of a nostalgic feel for a large enough crowd to want it.

He basically said it all, right now you can still go play it, and Halo CE was such a ground shattering game, it changed everything!

Should they re-master another one of the best stories of all time or leave it alone untouched again it was one of the first game with xbox live.

leave it or change it? :thumbsup:

Oh, BUCK YEAH. I can Volunteer for fixing EVERYTHING the weakest in the series did wrong. ESPECIALLY you, Mr. ROCKET LAUNCHER. I've got my eyes on busting up that tool that's been toked up for everyone knows how long. Alongside that, why not resurrect some of the awesome ideas the original design ideas had? I would have LOVED to go inside a Covenant mother ship to counterattack the assault, that Covenant Bomb was LAZY AND RUSHED. Finally, TATAURUS! RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE AND SCHOOL THOSE IMMATURE LIVE SUBSCRIBERS! Just seeing my glorious would-be leader in HD would be nice, but then again, those other touches wouldn't hurt. Halo stands for EFFORT. Not CASH IN (excluding Halo 3 ODST, that game is Halo 3 Overpriced DLC)

Guest hotdog8818

Halo 2 explained ALOT about how halo works and about the forerunners also lots of effort in campaign and weapons so yes they should make another

• Like 1