Halo 2 Remastered for 12th Halo Anniversary

Arbiter

Halo 2 Remake!  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Should they remake the original Halo online multiplayer?

• Yes, definitely!
    • It would be nice, but won't kill me if they don't.
    • Do not care either way.
    • No I do not see that it is necessary.
    • Just bring the original back online.

Should they re-master another one of the best stories of all time or leave it alone untouched again it was one of the first game with xbox live.

leave it or change it? :thumbsup:

Do to numerous threads a poll has been added by a Moderator and this thread has been pinned.

Edited by Absolute Dog
Pinned and promoted as the "Official" Halo 2 remake thread with a new poll.
  • Like 8

See this is a weird topic for me. Although I would never oppose an H2 remake. At the same time if they remake H2 then people would want H3 remake, then we would just get spammed with remakes. I loved Halo 2 but I can't really go "for" or "against" this idea. I personally only see 343i remaking Halo CE because it was the first. Being the first to launch this series made it very special in its own right.

P.S. However if they did remake Halo 2, I would buy it.

besides that its been like a year since h2 online was shut off

And yet people still bother with setting up tunneling programs like Kai and XBC to play it online. Obviously not everyone shares your mentality that because it's old it's bad. "But ZOMG, mum! That's soooooo 2005!"

I wouldn't mind a re-make, but only if everything was the same. Of course they can graphically upgrade it.

• Like 3

Well considering that Halo: CE and Halo 2 were made for the original Xbox, and Halo 3 wasn't, it would make sense. Why make a remake of Halo 3, when it's still for the same console and you can still go buy it. Halo 2 wasn't made for the 360, so it would make sense to have a remake. Halo 2 and CE also had the best campaigns out of all Halos in my opinion, and many others. And they don't need to make an all new multiplayer for it, do what they're doing with Halo Reach and Halo: CEA. But this time with Halo 2 and Halo 4, since by the time Halo 2 Remake would come out Halo 4 would have been out for awhile. Just add some new maps and remastered campaign.

• Like 1

See, you are touching something very dear to my heart with this thread. Halo 2 to date, still has the best absolute multiplayer experience and layout. It's a proven fact. it's the only title besides CE to have a complete "original" (not remade) list of maps for it's release.

If they remade Halo 2, they would also have to redo the multiplayer aspect, which would be a big "no deal" not buying it sticking point with me. I think rather than redo the title, they should look into continuing some kind of 343 server support for it. Or if possible, retrieve source code for the H2V conversion process from Hired Gun and PI Studios, and start some support for that as well.

• Like 1

See this is a weird topic for me. Although I would never oppose an H2 remake. At the same time if they remake H2 then people would want H3 remake, then we would just get spammed with remakes. I loved Halo 2 but I can't really go "for" or "against" this idea. I personally only see 343i remaking Halo CE because it was the first. Being the first to launch this series made it very special in its own right.

Nope. Wrong. They would stop at Halo 2 if they remade it. Know why? Because there would be no reason to remake Halo 3 when it still has Live support.

They should!!! Halo 2 was my most favorite halo and still is!! I cannot play a better halo than Halo 2....I even plug in my controller and play halo 2 PC sometimes..... Its allot of fun playing halo 2.... I miss those days of Halo 2.... If they make a remake then they should just put a graphics layer on top of it just like what they did with halo CEA and DO NOT TOUCH THE GAMEPLAY INCLUDING MULTIPLAYER!! ONLY THE GRAPHICS!! and yes if they do make a Halo 2 remake. Firstly I will have a orgasm and then a nerdgasm and then a gamegasm and then a HALOGASM and then I would tear off my cloths and climb on the roof of my house and scream out to the world. HALO 2 IS COMING BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

H2 remake will never happen. I remember when H2 released...shortly after people hated it, they said the story was horrible and Bungie ruined Halo with it. They said the same thing when H3 droped, now that Reach is the newest...yup. Now, H4 will ruin Halo, again. Halo has been ruined how many times now?

H2 remake will never happen. I remember when H2 released...shortly after people hated it, they said the story was horrible and Bungie ruined Halo with it. They said the same thing when H3 droped, now that Reach is the newest...yup. Now, H4 will ruin Halo, again. Halo has been ruined how many times now?

in my experience that always happens with games people hate the current one and the one before it was the greatest, then when the new one come out that one sucks and the one they use to hate was great

Halo Anniversary is actually more of a pet project. I really don't think a halo 2 remake is gonna be made anytime soon. They are remaking CE on the side, and I believe Bungie didnt even want them to at first. If there is a halo 2 remake it probably won't be until after halo 4, 5, and 6, by which point it might have enough of a nostalgic feel for a large enough crowd to want it.

Should they re-master another one of the best stories of all time or leave it alone untouched again it was one of the first game with xbox live.

leave it or change it? :thumbsup:

yeah sure put it back on the 13th anniversary. this year is 10th, 10 years after halo 1, the 13th would be 10 years after halo 2. only makes sense!

• Like 1

I can definitely see this getting re-made, perhaps between Halo 4 & 5, as it will be the only title not to see a 360 release with achievements. I think it was be amazing to play the first two titles brought up to date. I can't see Halo 3 getting a re-make; too recent and already on 360.