Official 343i.org Custom Game Night every Friday starting @ 6:00 AZ time

♠ Spades N AZ ♠

Can you make it this Fri?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like custom games?

• sounds fun....I'm in
    • already have plans, maybe next week
    • who are you Spades, whatever, I'm still in
    • I'm busy doing nothing important......sorry.
    • I'm in and i have maps to submit

:thumbsup:EVERYONE PLEASE READ!!!!!!!! :police:

You need to read a thread, the rules, and know what it is all about before posting. Please invest some time to read this again so that you sound informed when commenting. For those too lazy to scroll through all the following post here's a recap.

1. I DON'T TEST ON FRI NIGHTS! That is done every night for the week before. If you have a good map, then submit it to me by putting it on your file share and sending me a message ON XBOX requesting the map be added to the playlist for Custom Game Night. Please value my time enough to only submit a finished product. Also make sure that there are enough spawns for 16 people, whether or not, it is ideal to have 16 on it. I enjoy making the “unknowns” and “unpublished” people without channels or websites get attention so here’s your chance.

2. I DON"T SEND INVITES OUT! If someone would like to join then THEY can take a few seconds to send me an "INV" message on XBOX to Spades N AZ and I will get them in, hopefully if there's room, the following week. But do your part and be on and accept it when it’s sent. I invite the request first before opening the lobby at 6:00.

3. I DON'T ALLOW NEGATIVE BEHAVIOR! This is supposed to be fun. You don't have to like every map or every player, that's ridiculous to ask. But if you don't like a map then keep it to yourself and send me a private message to "end game". I will end any and all games if only 3 messages are sent. When someone starts complaining then the negativity spreads like cancer and spoils the fun for all. Also the forger might be present and positive criticism helps more than complaining.

4. WE ARE ALL EQUALS DURING CGN! If you come in, egotistical, and think that you are so well known that Halo is lucky to have you, then you’re wrong. Everyone, on custom game night will be treated as equals and respect will be shown accordingly. This being said, there are a lot of famous Halo people who join. They are already bombarded with friend request and fan mail and sometimes just want a night to relax. Please allow them to have fun too. If you happen to establish a friendship with them, and play a few times with them, THEN send them a friend request.

5. THERE IS NO RACISM! I do not allow any attacks on gender, sexual preferences, race, religion, age, skills, ETC. I also will not allow any terminology which would be used as such.

6. DO NOT BE MEAN! If you come in and attack any person in the lobby, young or old, male or female, etc. you will get a warning. I don't want to be a part of anyone getting bullied on XBOX.

7. DO NOT OVERPOWER THE MICS! I get it, your excited, having fun, and want to express it. That's perfectly OK. But, please don't be "that person" who talks just to hear themselves talk. People who ramble about nothing get annoying. Make conversation and establish new friendships but we don't need a play by play narrative of what we are perfectly capable of seeing for ourselves. Also please don't have background noise like t.v.'s, personal phone calls, music, etc.

8. DO NOT TROLL! If there are honor rules established then play by them. I will not allow an entire groups night to be ruined by one player’s lack of respect for rules.

9. DO NOT BE MIA or AFK! I will make times for breaks according to the request of the group. If you need a bathroom break, time to grab a drink, smoke a cig, or time for anything else that takes away from the game then let me know. If several are in agreement, then we will take a break. If not, then leave and request to get back in.

10. CHECK YOUR OWN TIME ZONE! CGN starts at 6:00 MST(Arizona no daylight savings). It has for years. Please don’t spam this thread asking me what time that is for you or send me PM’s. It’s pretty simple. Get on Google or your phone and compare the differences. I just don’t have time to compare New York, Australia, Germany, Harvest, Sweden, Indiana, etc. You get the point.

11. DO NOT ASK FOR PARTY LEAD! Look guys ultimately this is for you. I have been to too many lobby’s where that guy has ruined the night with the statement “I have just one more, you guys will love it”. You laugh because you have all heard it. Then the established lobby all quits and the good times end.

12. BE PATIENT AND UNDERSTANDING! I take the time to document everything from who joins to what maps are enjoyed to make it better for you. Also, I try to play a variety of game types including race, flood, slayer, mini-games, etc. If you don’t particularly care for a certain type then just wait for the next.

13. ALL VOICEMAILS WILL BE IGNORED DURING CGN! I just don’t have the time to listen to them all while trying to keep it running smoothly. If I did then you guys would be in the lobby forever between games.

14. PLEASE DON’T BE IN PARTY BUBBLE! If you are then you can’t hear the rules and make it annoying for all.

I have only booted one person since Halo 4 so don't get all paranoid of the Custom Nazi. It usually only requires a warning. I just wanted everyone to have it all posted together. Most important rule is to have fun and allow others to have fun!!!!! All are welcomed to join but d-bags will get booted. Come laugh, cry, trash talk, whimper, bark, whatever, but keep it friendly. I hope to see you all there and will try to include as many as possible so that everyone can have fun.

BTW BIG NEWS!We are going to now have two lobby’s running soon plus a third dedicated to the Halo group of youth under 20 years old. This is going to benefit both age groups and make it more enjoyable for all.

• Like 6

Thank you for all who joined tonight. HOTDOG8818, Grrayfox47, K Disc K, Needs MoreCubone, Dr. Fat Kid, DougisJericho, HAGSTROMS, ChildofChrist, CapToenail24, SweatyBagels, FatalCrysis, SikSlik7, Darth Human, Pneumonik, Murcielago81, A J Yusi, Calah Rose, Imwithstupid, Sam the Great, Doc Maddness, ou7c45t, Reckless Riley, Rezix333, The GoblinTechie, Absolute Dog, Alzarahn, Jops5, MythicFritz, Wraith2098, and I'm sure I missed a few. You are the reason Halo is alive! I hope to see you more often during game night.

• Like 3

Hey fellow Custom Game Nighters, i have finally managed to upload the game night highlight video, though there was alot of complications. im sorry for some of the mess ups and the voice over. it doesnt sound the best but im working on fixing all the problems. Other than that though hope you enjoy and if your not playing with us yet I hope this video grabs your attention.;-)

• Like 1

In over a year I have had less than half a dozen of the forum members come to Custom Game Night. Last night you guys came in force. Thank you for your support and I hope you enjoyed what you played. I received a lot of sad mail from dozens who did not get in but it is what it is. Remember, I have never and will never play favoritism or be an exclusive lobby, even to my friends. If you did get in, then then I hope you had fun and will join us again. If you didn't get in, then read the thread and get ready for next week. It was a different atmosphere but hopefully the start of a new way for members to mingle. There are going to be some changes next week with the addition of a new lobby. Lil Dog might as well be nicknamed "Great Dane" because he is going to be the man in charge of another lobby next week for those who are 20 years and younger. Hopefully you guys will be able to have more fun and get the respect you deserve. Special thanks to LucidVivacity for taking the time to make a highlights video even though he missed the second half. It would be fun to have a short clip each week doing a review. Now without further ado, here are the attendees of last night Custom Game Night: Acidic x D3LTA, aDismissedOcean, Calah Rose, CapToenail24, DocSpartan007, Dougisjericho, German ShepherdD, GriffinGuyo07, HI IM N1CK(the creeper), HOTDOG8818, I Fishy I, I Silent Kill I, Last Rank, LucidVivacity, Mtn Dew Shbag, MythicFritz, RagicMonk12, Renowned PuppyO, Robius 5991, SpreadTanTheMan, SweatyBagels, The Goblin Techie, TikiTorch25623, Victory Element, Wraith2098, XGC Mythology, Yoshi1176, and who could forget the one and only Dirty Juicebox!

I hope you guys come join Lil Dog and I next week too!

In over a year I have had less than half a dozen of the forum members come to Custom Game Night. Last night you guys came in force. Thank you for your support and I hope you enjoyed what you played. I received a lot of sad mail from dozens who did not get in but it is what it is. Remember, I have never and will never play favoritism or be an exclusive lobby, even to my friends. If you did get in, then then I hope you had fun and will join us again. If you didn't get in, then read the thread and get ready for next week. It was a different atmosphere but hopefully the start of a new way for members to mingle. There are going to be some changes next week with the addition of a new lobby. Lil Dog might as well be nicknamed "Great Dane" because he is going to be the man in charge of another lobby next week for those who are 20 years and younger. Hopefully you guys will be able to have more fun and get the respect you deserve. Special thanks to LucidVivacity for taking the time to make a highlights video even though he missed the second half. It would be fun to have a short clip each week doing a review. Now without further ado, here are the attendees of last night Custom Game Night: Acidic x D3LTA, aDismissedOcean, Calah Rose, CapToenail24, DocSpartan007, Dougisjericho, German ShepherdD, GriffinGuyo07, HI IM N1CK(the creeper), HOTDOG8818, I Fishy I, I Silent Kill I, Last Rank, LucidVivacity, Mtn Dew Shbag, MythicFritz, RagicMonk12, Renowned PuppyO, Robius 5991, SpreadTanTheMan, SweatyBagels, The Goblin Techie, TikiTorch25623, Victory Element, Wraith2098, XGC Mythology, Yoshi1176, and who could forget the one and only Dirty Juicebox!

I hope you guys come join Lil Dog and I next week too!

Thanks Spades, I really appreciate it, even though I haven't read the forums for a long time; and I didn't know it was a custom game night. I just thought it was all of us chilling out and having a fun time from 343i Community Forums. Anyways, I hope to attend more when I get the chance. Nice to meet with you, I'm starting to like you more then I did. ;)

I recently completed my second instalment to the Assassin's Creed maps. It currently needs testing, so I look forward to testing with you, and the other members, at the next game night.

I'm so excited.

Custom Game Night is NOT a testing night. I would be happy to test your maps with you DURING the week but Friday night is for finished products to be revealed to the community. It is designed for those who don't have friends or affiliates with youtube channels and websites to get their stuff seen by the public. I started this Custom Game Night with the hopes of bringing small-time no-name forgers out into the light. It has proven to be a success story now with many forgers who went from a unknown to getting into tests for matchmaking or youtube videos being made to showcase them. I am always willing to check out and review maps but you have to take initiative and put them in your fileshare and send me a message. There are many great forgers out there who go unnoticed and also some terrible forgers who have their own channels. My goal is to sift through all of these and find the ones which you, the community, will be able to play for hours.

p.s. Mr. 007 this is not an attack on you but I get asked this too often by those who don't read the thread. So since your my friend, I was hoping to use yours as an example. Now let's go test your map.

Man I have missed the last couple game nights. Its tough to make it to them now that the new ORL season has started, as we have 2 races on Friday nights. This week Im gona try and make it though. Im missing too much of the fun!

Yes that is right, the file share is up and running right now. Hopefully this is a permanent resolution which will not be taken from us. This is what Halo needed to kick start the numbers and help us enjoy the community forged maps. This week on Custom Game Night is already full of content but I hope to bring you guys more amazing stuff in the future.

I'm pretty sick of missing customs night for the last couple weeks, but tonight is a dud as well. Too many outside obligations. DarkStar and I should have a map ready to test on Wednesday for a possible play next week though, so there's that. Shoot ya' soon kids!!!

Hopefully you guys all had a great time last Custom Game Night! With the fileshare up, I knew, that I had to deliver. For those of you who don't know what goes into planning one of these, I spent over 30+ hours last week, searching the fileshare, meeting up with people who submitted to me, and attending my friends customs nights. I play customs almost every night, usually playing 10 maps before I find a good one, in order to try and find these hidden gems. Every game might not be your favorite but it might have been someone in the lobbys favorite.

I couldn't figure out why I had to send out invites until my Facebook group and online friends blew me up with messages that I read this morning. I was still in my usual offline mode, during CGN, but couldn't back out and leave the group to go change it, whoooops!. We were still somehow able to keep a full lobby, though, and ended with a solid 16 after 5 hours.

If anyone come across an amazing map will you please send me a message on Xbox Live so that I can unveil it to the community.

Special thanks to all who came and participated! Last night these supportive gamers came to laugh (not really the jokes were lame), cry (actually no one cried), kill (only pretend), and have tons of fun! Thank you, and I hope to have you join again in the future. In no particular order: Captoenail24, Skummgummigubbe, Braver King514, Absolute Dog, German ShepherD, HOTDOGG8818, Drizzy Dan, Siksilk, AcidicD3lta, Ou7c4st, LucidVivacity, Imakequilts, Drizzy Dan, sikslik7, Wraith2098, a stealth moose, Mtn Dew shbag, Yoshhi1176, AngelWarrior67, Beckoning Zebra1, aDiseasedOcean, Matty81022, dougisjericho, AaronStoneRider, Deceitful Echo, Dirty Juicebox, Demon Blood1, Therealfroboy, DeathKid217, K disk K, pbas23, FeralBunney, CriterOG, Misister OfChoaz, Blaq Cloud, EGDeathstryker, XGCMythology, INVERSION, and EG BulletRacing.