The "Official" What Do You Want Out Of Halo 4?

Exploseth

Your ideas are all awesome.

ty *-* i cant take all the credit though my clan was spitballing ideas only about 1/2 these r my ideas also i forgot one thing....

OH MY GOSH BRING BACK THE ELEPHANT (cause everyone loves heavily armored mobile homes! :cheers: )

(also i agree with Deathab0ve1 that the warthog needs color customization and though it seems very much out of reach (no not the game) an option for doors on the hog would be nice too) (OOOH AND THE TROOP TRANSPORT HOG)

also an assassination on hunters would be nice (something like what happened in haloid except ud have to stuff the grenade into their back to get the assassination)

I simply hope that players who only have access to on-line occasionally, (like when visiting friends), won't be punished or hindered in gaining credits like they were with reach.

Using your profile on reach on-line made it so that offline you were only able to get a total of 1,000 cR until the next time you logged on-line. And even if you never went on-line the amount of credits you could earn on-line compared to offline per day were ridiculous.

Spending an hour online could easily net you 4-6k credits (Without any of the challenges or commendations which are not available off-line), where as off-line you were looking at 2-3k possibly. If you factored in the daily challenges, jackpots (normal and Special 30kish ones), commendations and averaged the weekly there was no way you could possibly unlock most of the higher rank armor or all of the armor off-line before a new Halo was released, the exception being if you had way to much free time and no life.

The whole hindering / punishing gamers without internet access started with Halo 3 when they made a large number of the spartan and elite armors unlockable only threw achievements that were only able to be completed on-line. (Which is why I will never get to play with most of the elite armors in Halo 3, I'm not whining just stating that it's a frustrating issue that could easily be fixed.) Yes I get nostalgic and play Halo 3 often, not as often as reach but still often. I miss the equipment, my favorite was the mine. If only it hadn't beeped loudly and blinked constantly it might of been more useful. (Sorry for the slight tangent.)

I find it extremely frustrating since there is no broadband internet offered in my area or any of the surrounding areas with apartments for rent. (Incase anyone was going to say well just get internet. lol)

Things that Would be nice, but I can't even hope for would be:

I will admit though that I would love the ability to have Combat Training like CoD:Black ops or at leastadd bots to off-line multiplayer like perfect dark (N64) / CoD: Black Ops.

And that they keep the elites as a playable character for multiplayer. I've been an elite in multiplayer since Halo 3 and never looked back.

343 says that we will see a more human side of Master Chief so I want to see some kind of a emotional and hopeless scene within Halo 4. A larger variety of weapons because new looks are nice but new guns are better. Larger exploration within the campaign, multiplayer, and the all new Spartan Ops. I don't know about anyone else ,but I would love to have a chance to kind of sneak around the enemy to finish them off in many different ways depending on what weapon you may have, or what kind of armor ability you are using. A larger budget for forging would be greatly appreciated along with more forge items. Just like new weapons new vehicles are also always fun. Brand new armor abilities other than the new Forerunner vision. I want to be addicted to Halo 4's campaign, multiplayer, and Spartan Ops. I want to have that feeling that I used to get from Halo 3 when I couldn't wait to play. I would love to be able to have an emblem creator to design a more personal and meaningful emblem that could match your gamertag or clan name more easily. A brand new armor paint design tool that would allow you to put a more personal touch to you spartan's look. I hope that game types like swat and sniper return. Either way I have complete faith in 343 Industries and the next trilogy of Halo and Master Chief's next adventure.

chief has plenty of emotional scenes we've all seen his sad face see > :boo: hes totally sad and hopelessly depressed right there xD and i agree on the larger variety of guns they need to take every gun made in halo and apply it in 1 halo with a ton of weapons customization on it >:D and AMEN TO THE SNEEKING i am a fellow ninja and love to sneek up on things i did a whole mission once without being spotted the whole way in halo reach was epic :shuriken: larger budget for forge is a must and the armor paint idea would be epic for making urban camo on the armor *-* as for the emblem i prolly would agree if my clan wasnt the burning wolves and it wasnt so easy for us to make a burning wolf emblem with the current settup (honestly armor custom paints would be wrongly used by some people.... sadly that would be a cause for them to never use it though they could put a report feature where if u painted ur armor wrong 1 time ud get in trouble and be stuck with just the original colors for the rest of ur natural halo carrear mwuahahahahaha)

I simply hope that players who only have access to on-line occasionally, (like when visiting friends), won't be punished or hindered in gaining credits like they were with reach. Using your profile on reach on-line made it so that offline you were only able to get a total of 1,000 cR until the next time you logged on-line. And even if you never went on-line the amount of credits you could earn on-line compared to offline per day were ridiculous. Spending an hour online could easily net you 4-6k credits (Without any of the challenges), where as offline you were looking at 2-3k possibly. If you factored in the daily challenges and averaged the weekly there was no way you could possibly unlock most of the higher rank armor or all of the armor off-line before a new Halo was released, the exception being if you had way to much free time and no life.

I find it extremely frustrating since there is no broadband internet offered in my area or any of the surrounding areas with apartments for rent.

I agree with you! My son has an off-line xbox 360 in his room and he often says the same thing :-)

To get the full idea start reading from the very bottom.

Attacking arrival in drop pods from space? Only players that are real survive yet they can still randomly be damaged and shaken by anti air? Pod doors ejection can hurt covenent?

Br's bolt could be blurry, it needs to move or look like its moving.

During firefight, there should also sometimes randomly be covenant ships attacking with air raid sirens while still fighting remaining covenant.

With the fire fight and anti air turrets, if there could also be spartan attacks as viewed from the ship, attacking covenent fortified positions. For spartans defending it would be awesome if the turrets have as many rounds expelled as possible, quad quad fifties. Expelling ferocious amounts of fire at covenent dropships with proposterous smoke and sound.

A new heavy weapon with moving barrel would be good, change it up? Especially also with the other firefight weapons. Quad barrel sky aimed air burst artillery included. Would be so crazy. Shock and awe. All with different sounds, quad fifty vvvvvv. Quad gauss boom boom boom boom, Quad anti air artillary with airburst, dm dm dm dm crackle crackle crackle crackle(air burst).

Coveneant aircraft need retrofit's, multiply their weapons and rate of fire by 5? Some ships crash landing?

All anti air turrets automatic yet player usable for swarms of support banshees? When the quads or duals are used weapons on the first person system used have triggers and bumpers individual fire control with double tap air burst?

As for the amount of ammo, everyone has died, last survivors, lots of ammo?

Spartan support recovery firefight? Attacking a base taken over by covenent? Could be the same base, gotta take it over in the beginning?

Offline firefight team mates, steven hawkin, Cortana controlling a cyborg, and the elite from Halo 2 and 3?

Runs on games for windows?

Throw an empty weapon at an enemy and damage them?

• More background battles in outdoor multiplayer maps?

• Turrets from firefight can destroy a few random covenent vessels?

• Covenant usable removable from the ground electric shields? with different secondary?

• Decompression would be an explosion?

• Higher btb multiplayer count?

• Not the tank or aircraft, or any new vehicles that arent open?

• Dual snipes as passenger? Any one weapon when driving most vehicles?

• Can drive a ghost with one hand and minigun, nade launcher, or gauss canon in first person?

• Actual usable mech? With first person usable and customizable for game nade launchers, gauss canons, mini guns?

• Btb dual space ship battle able to teleport to random non teleporter protected ship locations. Space ship verse space platform also? Can still walk and jump outside of space ships?

• Ground burrowing and flying covenent?

• Warthogs and all vehicles except the tank peel out if you hold down the gas to much?

• Gauss removable and also forgable as land based?

• Grenade launcher/ dual grenade launcher warthog, Grenade launcher turret should also be planted or removable from vehicles. Geese have available turrets?

• Maps with emergency lighting and fire suppression systems?

• Capability to pick something up and throw it making a noise or causing some damage?

• Individual planted turret, driver, look sensitivity settings?

• Carried turret first person passenger usable?

• Of course dual miniguns.

• Dual individual firing gauss hog or minigun/ gauss warthog with non removable weapons, that also zoom and are first person?

• Viewable ammo and heat sensor display when carrying?

• Could have bottom support part that connects mid barrel. on turret?

• New big creatures would also need to be really scary, worst case scenario.

• Warthog and other vehicles probably have lots of added stuff with first person like shooting while driving, and turn onable headlights, turnsignals, hazard lights, honking?

• Turrets capable of zoom on a hog, the ground or being carried?

• And crouch stabalized for no crosshair movement unless reloading?

• I know I already said taking a turret from a warthog. Could a turret respawn on a warthog? Of course turret first person even when torn out. Would have to hold it differently.

• Turrets really should be faster firing with audio to match. Vulcan minigun fast.

• Out of everyone playing, realtime number, with percentage number.

• World rank would be average selected gametype playing capability.

• One or two new big space lizards or brutes? Ultra scary future. They have evolved?

• World rank number and opponents defeted medal rank?

• Spawn or predetermined picture for forged maps select?

• Matchmaking joinable random customs.

• Needs to have AI capability testing maps, with joinable customs.

• Capability to use google earth maps?

• Changing weapons spree multiplier and medals?.

• Also capability to turn off duals.

• Dual rotary nade launchers would be crazy.

• I already say ammo pick ups?

• Put some rounds down range.

• Dang, dual non zooming snipes.

• Dual railguns.

• Druel also, gotta have blood and snot dripping off the nostrel breathing tube, bloodshot eyes. Everything should have glow in the dark bloodshot yellow eyes with blood, snot, and druel.
  • Maybe some dried blood on the tube yes?

• I know I have said alot, thanks for making this game, but please also only have the breathing tube in the grunts nose without any sort of cover, In space materials would be scarce and it would make it even scarier.

• Also the capability to turn off auto aim, and off for competittive gametype gameplay.

• Or not, depending on the swiftness of the action. Real time, please none of that slow motion stuff.

• Any covenent with grenade punch to face should also be ferociously trying to gnaw off hand.

• Anti aircraft turrets should go under ground, not be destroyed, could have a needed to be defended position or not. Definetly gotta have working security cameras and television screens, the fortified positions as elaberate bunkers as possible? With flickering moving lights and some cracks/ driping puddles, could even be some actual space caves with glowing stuff and under water hidden escape route? Covenent still have weapons, yet some do not, those are the ones to be feared?

• Before they are even viewable or start firing there should be Audio voice, lights, and siren warnings. All some chicks voice we have detected a anomally in sector delta tango oscar, warning warning warning, voice cuts out, sirens and lights start going off. Gotta have the standard military air raid siren, maybe some Ai turrets firing back at the ship and being destroyed.

• Yep, bottomline, Chiefs been frozen, things have gotten out of hand, it needs to be completely realistic, gritty, clean and fast, with multi settings hardcore multiplayer and artificial intelligence gamemodes, plus staggering amounts of offline AI strategy and killing gameplay. By gritty I mean the FCC is going to need barfbags, and Walmart is going to need ID. Multi cd's if needed? Also having the most blood curdling screams that arent repetitive, if someone is being dragged off by a brute or elite sound like it? Planting a knife in the ground to slow down getting dragged off if possible? With landing alien vessels sometimes still? Only it wouldnt be all peacefull, covenent putting coverfire on spartans as soon as they start arriving, remember rabid, Air raid sirens and rotating lights? With Pa system warnings?

• Sorry, thanks, I probably should have made a list in microsoft word and add4ed it to the forums, I dont know if they even read them. I might make a complete list of things I would like to see, and that would also be benificial for everyone. I think if all of this stuff was added, and ran smoothly/looked good with a flow, this would easily be the greatest selling game of all time. I shall stop talking unless I think of anything else, Acid poo throwing plood drueling rabid chimp brutes for the win. Mal neurished and very scary. Open wounds, Yes space pox/ leaperousy? missing mandables? Remember they had to bump down the flood, no more of that, this is space survival. They want gore, they shall have all the gore they will ever need. I could make a full and complete list but only if someone would read it and provide insight.

• With dialogue from the covenent as snarling and anti chief as possible, all you cannot win demon, psychological warfare, english and covenent dialect. Really gotta have brutes throwing acidic poop and dragging people off into the shadows, they can be shot and captives freed.

• Double giant controllable ships, Btb coagish space battle map, with the ships large enough for slayer ffa matches?

• Wth gorilla sounds, sprinting on all fours. drueling covered in blood. Giant teeth and glowing eyes?

• Elites slimy and scary, brutes rabid chimp rage? Im talking carazy, gotta have rabid brute reinforcements, tearing faces off of people, possibly throwing feces?

• When out of ammo uses weapon as a club or you can throw it to finish off an enemy?

• Weapons when empty also have the lever stay back? More rounds per second for minigun turrets? Vulcan minigun rate of fire with lots of tracers? Lots of smoke and fire for everything?

• Grenade face plant push should be one inch punch not kick with explosive decompression and backwards stumble when fist leaves visor. Rabbid Grunts with face plant should be picked up with one arm, punted and explode in the air. Hear light scuba breathing from chief and other players?

• When standing the weapons should only move enough for the crosshair to move a half a millimeter, none at all when crouched.

• Teammates -non decompressed can have there helmet knocked on to bring them back to life? Continued view from visor till respawn including weapons crosshairs?

• Decompression mess can cause inabillity to see, but only medium for the person fighting or grenading?

• Punching nade through a visor should result in medium spray on chiefs visor.

• Image of bullets with line through them and a digital reload clock onboard the weapons with capability? Including a green light for a chambered round or a red light for non, at different locations? Jam rarely sometimes and have to reload?

• Weapons onboard count displays different stuff when reloading, ammo low or out of ammo?

• Capable of having only the weapon and crosshairs viewable?

• Yes, free multiplayer and still having offline multiplayer bots.

• Punch a nade into and push covenent, even when a hostage? Knives handle a fresh bone with pieces left on it? Can hold knife with blade up or down? Left or right?

• Clans, free online multiplayer, free unlimited time video uploads to Youtube with a linked account? Capable of advertisement revenue on Youtube?

• Flip the bird, without weapon can double flip the bird.If you can take a hostage, tear off helemt for decompression, can use helmet as a weapon or punt it? Decompression leave a mess? Chief and weapons can get bloody? Gotta wipe off visor shake the blood off of a gun. Jumping and landing clean Chief? Leaves a trail for teammates. Names for teammates only show up when shooting, getting shot, or looking at an enemy, can hold a button and spot an enemy for teammates, pause menu have a map with all current vehicles, weapons and ammo, radar should still have only dots.When throwing a grenade gotta prep it frags baked? Or put the pin back. If held too long nade dropped no damage? Can punch nade in opponents helmet and push em when close and aiming at visor? Nothing left? Points for combo fighting moves? Last one crazy finishing move? Lots of them flying far or decompression?
  • Able sprint punt an opponent, it would be noisy. Opponent would go flying? Can do fist bump good goal, point with hand?

• Sword can take limbs with almost Instant death unless its knocked away with melee. Last headshot breaks helmets glass, Lots of spray and nothing left in the helmet, explosive decompression. When standing still more boredom moves, cleans visor sometimes? Knocks on helmet?

• At least ten different fast melee moves, Fighting should have melee button twice or melee button then different set of buttons for achieved move. Weaponless hand to hand combat or knife, with fighting moves, able to dissarm an opponent. Able to give hand signals? Able to do standard known knife and hand to hand fighting moves? Covenent ai can have all limbs shot or taken off of course they can also be faught hand to hand? Chief jumping on an enemy can hurt or kill them?

• More moving stuff on maps with strategic interactive environments.

• Covenents eyes should glow. Added to their rabid and skinny unnourished state, drueling, covered in blood sometimes. Also capable to use a human shield and the person captured respawns.

• Changeable weather/ addable civilian and military destroyed or intact and drivable vehicles in forge? Hoverdoo with mounted mini gun? Turrets removable from vehicles? Multiplayer flashlights and night missions. Flashlights wont blind, they will light a good amount of area probably 50 yards. No night vision. Slight eery lights from suit. Like hazard lights that blink when sprinting? D pad car turn signals?

• Changeable left/ right handed weapons anytime on the fly during a match. Everything on the weapons ambidextrous.

• Stretchable stuff in forge?

• Can you pit maneuver warthogs?

• Suppressers for almost all of the weapons making you invisible to radar but they would add more needed shots. Does it play on kinect?
  • Gotta hold crouch to stand in hardcore mode.

• Please add urban multiplayer maps with destroyable lights?

• Plead make it so the bolt on the br moves, it wasnt moving in the video. If you add the projected impact moving crosshairs master chief should chill and not move the weapon so much.

• Please add a starting only crouch creeping death hardcore competition mode.Thanks for adding first person warthog driving, can a mode only have first person view vehicles and turrets?

• Also Halo 1 didnt have duels, could have settings changeable duel welds. Dang my previous comment got messed up, halo 2 was with Rockstar games, Halo 4 should borrow some Unreal Artificial intelligence, Ive read software and 3d are shared sometimes in the gaming industry.

• Flashlight without night vision for non distance weapons and scarier elites please, gotta have more druel and blood, Jurassic Park style.

Dang and Call of duty is making a future game, I suggest revert to Halo 2 style only instead of Rockstar, Unreal. Ive played against someone during Halo 2 that had an unreal ai mod. Gotta have offline ai, unreal has ai programs, no sense in starting from scratch and being selfish.

• Gotta have offline multiplayer even if it requires two disks.

• Of course I mean the cross hairs not only moving when sprinting, The crosshairs should be to the effect of a lazer sight, only instead of giving away chiefs position they show realtime direction of the barrel. Even when standing still the cross hairs should have moved with the weapon. Other than that it looks really good. Seriously gotta have moving crosshairs, cant have em dissapear. Think apache attack heli, only instead of head moving the weapon the weapon moves the crosshairs on the hud, it makes sense and would make it alot more interesting. Thanks for making Halo 4, please think about this.
  • Security cameras/ tv's addable to bases if its possible.

• Realtime spectator mode for multiplayer matches (like tv)if it's possible.

• Please make it so the crosshairs move when the weapon moves without bloom? Gotta have either non moving weapon or moving crosshairs for realism, plus it would make it ultra crazy, helmet already blinks and stuff, cross hairs wouldnt move that much, shows chief where the weapon is pointed. Tv is the helmets visor. Plus flood fight and urban invasion maps. Other than that good job it looks awesome. I bet that was a forged map in the video?

• Fightable multiplayer or firefight ai to forging. Wouldnt even need recordable points.

With the fire fight and anti air turrets, if there could also be spartan attacks as viewed from the ship, attacking covenent fortified positions. For spartans defending it would be awesome if the turrets have as many rounds expelled as possible, quad quad fifties. Expelling ferocious amounts of fire at covenent dropships with proposterous smoke and sound.

A new heavy weapon with moving barrel would be good, change it up? Especially also with the other firefight weapons. Quad barrel sky aimed air burst artillery included. Would be so crazy. Shock and awe. All with different sounds, quad fifty vvvvvv. Quad gauss boom boom boom boom, Quad anti air artillary with airburst, dm dm dm dm crackle crackle crackle crackle(air burst).

To add to my first post:

Get rid of the credit system and weapon unlock system. Bring back Halo 2's ranking system. Remove the instant respawn and join in progress systems that are being implemented in Halo 4. Even if it is just in a few playlists. THIS will shatter the rest of Halo. Above all, bring back Martin O' Donnell as the composer for Halo 4's music and soundtracks. The man is a musical genius, and the music hecreated for Halo is what really struck home. His music was awe-inspiring and helped to create what makes Halo, Halo. I've heard the samples for Halo 4's soundtrack and it's not bad at all, it just isn't for Halo. Please 343i, I'm not trying to bash you or seem impossible to please at all, because you're all very smart talented people. But the changes you're implementing to Halo 4 aren't the kinds of changes that need to be made. Change is fine. It's needed to keep a game fresh, new and to revitalize it every once in a while. But these changes aren't for the better. Please, 343. I still Beli343, but I'm not sure if I will after Halo 4 if it stays how you have shaped it. It will really push the true fans, like myself, that have been there since the time Halo was intended to be released on the Nintendo 64. Don't ignore your first fans in order to please the newer people. Creating a game that is welcoming to new players is fine, but not at the expense of the original players.

THIS!!!!!

And just to go into more detail about the ranking system. Alot of people on here are saying "Yeah but the 1-50 system was flawed!" Yes, it was, I could list all of it's problems but it would take up the whole page. What I think Grunt Minor means when he, or any other person says "bring back the 1-50 ranking system", is that the ranking system must be VISIBLE, it must be WORTHWHILE. Sure showing how much someone has played is useful but that rank (the one you paid for in blood and sweat) has to dominate the in-game gamercard. What made the Halo 2 and 3 multiplayer so addictive was the fact that the higher ranks were actually hard to get to in terms of skill! And, that they were right there, next to your name when you went into a playlist with your friends.

Now - a suggestion, the "league" ranking system of reach's Arena playlist is actually a very viable and tested alternative, it's used in Starcraft 2 and other games very successfully. The only thing Reach really did wrong with that, and why most people abandoned it I feel, was the fact that you had to play 3 games a day to get that rank, even me, a hardened halo veteran never bothered with it more than a couple of times, life gets in the way. Five placement matches to determine your league, once there you are matched with other players from your league, each is seeded in divisions to determine whether a player/team has gained skill and needs to be moved up or vice versa. These would be organised into seasons and your highest rating in a league would be displayed right there on your in-game gamercard. Ranks and stats from previous seasons would be easily accessed and displayed on your service record.

This is one of the things I want for Halo 4!

I, personally, want there to be no bloom, whatsoever. It really slows down the game and it really doesn't fit into Halo very well. The majority of Halo players really don't like bloom at all, myself included. It adds unnecessary pauses and gaps in the gameplay that really slows down the pace of the game. No sprint ability, either. It allows people to become reckless. If one runs head first into combat, then he/she is bound to get kill. It allows them to even give them the opportunity to get out of the mistake they made by simply high-tailing it out of there, instead of learning not to charge in so recklessly. Absolutely NO armor abilities at all. They break the game. Jetpack adds a new direction to the game that also really slows down the game, and gives them an advantage over other players. No jetpacks, holograms, "Forerunner" vision, or anything else of that nature. It narrows the skill gap too much and gives any given player an advantage over the other. Halo has always been about everyone starting off on an equal playing field, and the better player wins. It's that simple. Adding in these extra abilities destroys the equality that made Halo great. This goes hand-in-hand with these armor "perks". More ammo, faster shield regeneration, etc. does the same thing armor abilities do. They should be very minimal changes such as sprint for about 2 seconds longer or SLIGHTLY increase the radius on the Motion Tracker. 343i needs to stop trying to change things so damn much. Change is fine, so long as it's not so radical, even if they think the changes they've made aren't so radical. Evidently, they are. I understand they want to give Halo "its own voice", but Halo isn't their game or creation to do so with, despite them having the licensing to it. Halo has had its own voice since its inception. This game is Bungie's game and it's our game. We should have a say in what we want and don't want. If 343i really wants to create a game that stands out from the rest, that's fine, but this isn't their game to do it with. They can create a whole new franchise, story, and game. Just so long as it isn't Halo.

YES!

For me one of the pillars of halo multiplayer gameplay, if not THE pillar, is that every player has exactly the same set of abilities. They can run, they can jump, they can pick up and hold 2 guns, but only fire one, etc. As Nightshade said, everyone starts off on equal footing. Armour abilities, and I'm hearing hints of a "perk" system, simply ruin that.

Another way to ruin this concept is random weapon drops.

Bloom, I have a love hate relationship with it, mostly hate. Luck has always been a part of halo, throwing that nade just right, fluking the noscope. But until reach it's never been about "I spammed the trigger and the fifth shot went into his head". The BR had spread too, but it was more of a distance dps modifier, at the BR's effective range, it didn't come too much into consideration. Bloom doesn't fit in with this fundamental pillar of halo gameplay. MLG has recently taken bloom out for Halo Reach tournaments, need I say more?

Just worried that 343 are stepping too far away from the concepts that made Halo great. I'm not against change, but please put your change in a separate playlist to my classic Halo goodness.

I could go on and on and...

oh yeah please bring back Guardian in some form and add a Noscope medal :)

In forge mode you should be able to make controlable objects for example doors that you can open with buttons. Also if you could make things move or appear with the push of a button. eg. to acturally create doors, moving platforms. apearing objects/obticals..... this would absulutly evolutionize the way we play forge (it would be great for maze games, zombie(fat boy) games, puzzle games, freestyle , etc etc. what do you think about this idea?

please post.