The "Official" What Do You Want Out Of Halo 4?

Exploseth

I, personally, want there to be no bloom, whatsoever. It really slows down the game and it really doesn't fit into Halo very well. The majority of Halo players really don't like bloom at all, myself included. It adds unnecessary pauses and gaps in the gameplay that really slows down the pace of the game. No sprint ability, either. It allows people to become reckless. If one runs head first into combat, then he/she is bound to get kill. It allows them to even give them the opportunity to get out of the mistake they made by simply high-tailing it out of there, instead of learning not to charge in so recklessly. Absolutely NO armor abilities at all. They break the game. Jetpack adds a new direction to the game that also really slows down the game, and gives them an advantage over other players. No jetpacks, holograms, "Forerunner" vision, or anything else of that nature. It narrows the skill gap too much and gives any given player an advantage over the other. Halo has always been about everyone starting off on an equal playing field, and the better player wins. It's that simple. Adding in these extra abilities destroys the equality that made Halo great. This goes hand-in-hand with these armor "perks". More ammo, faster shield regeneration, etc. does the same thing armor abilities do. They should be very minimal changes such as sprint for about 2 seconds longer or SLIGHTLY increase the radius on the Motion Tracker. 343i needs to stop trying to change things so damn much. Change is fine, so long as it's not so radical, even if they think the changes they've made aren't so radical. Evidently, they are. I understand they want to give Halo "its own voice", but Halo isn't their game or creation to do so with, despite them having the licensing to it. Halo has had its own voice since its inception. This game is Bungie's game and it's our game. We should have a say in what we want and don't want. If 343i really wants to create a game that stands out from the rest, that's fine, but this isn't their game to do it with. They can create a whole new franchise, story, and game. Just so long as it isn't Halo.

• Like 1

To add to my first post:

Get rid of the credit system and weapon unlock system. Bring back Halo 2's ranking system. Remove the instant respawn and join in progress systems that are being implemented in Halo 4. Even if it is just in a few playlists. THIS will shatter the rest of Halo. Above all, bring back Martin O' Donnell as the composer for Halo 4's music and soundtracks. The man is a musical genius, and the music hecreated for Halo is what really struck home. His music was awe-inspiring and helped to create what makes Halo, Halo. I've heard the samples for Halo 4's soundtrack and it's not bad at all, it just isn't for Halo. Please 343i, I'm not trying to bash you or seem impossible to please at all, because you're all very smart talented people. But the changes you're implementing to Halo 4 aren't the kinds of changes that need to be made. Change is fine. It's needed to keep a game fresh, new and to revitalize it every once in a while. But these changes aren't for the better. Please, 343. I still Beli343, but I'm not sure if I will after Halo 4 if it stays how you have shaped it. It will really push the true fans, like myself, that have been there since the time Halo was intended to be released on the Nintendo 64. Don't ignore your first fans in order to please the newer people. Creating a game that is welcoming to new players is fine, but not at the expense of the original players.

• Like 2

First post.

Halo 2 and 3 multiplayer was and still is amazing and fun. This will be the first time I'm not gonna preorder a halo game. 343I, I know all of you remember when halo was fun... Damn... The only games I ever really played was the halo Franchise since halo ce when I was 10... If it becomes a Call of Duty copy your core fans will leave.

• Like 1

If I could only have 1 thing. By far it would be a Halo 3 Ranking system 1-50.

If I could have anything else, I would say bring back smg, brute shot, maybe even duel wielding.

I'm trying to be really tolerant of all the new changes even though it sounds like this game is turning into halo of duty 4.

I liked this game franchise how it was, special, different, pure, halo.

If 343 wants to apply towards the casual gamer I'm fine with that, but I don't want to see the competitive players brushed under the carpet like in reach.

All we got was a single playlist with, in my opinion, a somewhat meaningless ranking system.

I miss so much the feeling of doing your best and pulling your hair out to achieve victory each game.

no actually that sounds very cool a playlist to play against clans but also maybe a message machine thing that sends a message to clan members about battles and clans get ratings. also it would be cool to have armor settings for vehicles like a cool ram for the mongoose or warthog. it would also have doors with switches or maybe only surtin colors may acses.

• Like 1

no actually that sounds very cool a playlist to play against clans but also maybe a message machine thing that sends a message to clan members about battles and clans get ratings. also it would be cool to have armor settings for vehicles like a cool ram for the mongoose or warthog. it would also have doors with switches or maybe only surtin colors may acses.

Loving your ideas.

I like the customizable vehicle option. I would put banshee kill marking on a hornet.

• Like 1

-Maps that are easier to navigate.

Yeah, too much levels and out-of-reach places in Reach..

-Better forge mode with more textures and less grey blue ****.

Couldn't bee too hard to add some shiny covenant purple metal textures, or some green military UNSC textures to those crates and bridges, getting pretty sick of playing different variations of the same map all the time..

Oh, and I'd really much like to see Guardian, or another amazing map like that. Lockout were my favorite in Halo 2, and Guardian is probably my favorite map of all time. Caged/Uncaged is decent, but a little too big + pretty devastated by jetpacks..

• Like 2

Yeah, too much levels and out-of-reach places in Reach..

Couldn't bee too hard to add some shiny covenant purple metal textures, or some green military UNSC textures to those crates and bridges, getting pretty sick of playing different variations of the same map all the time..

Oh, and I'd really much like to see Guardian, or another amazing map like that. Lockout were my favorite in Halo 2, and Guardian is probably my favorite map of all time. Caged/Uncaged is decent, but a little too big + pretty devastated by jetpacks..

I would be so happy if they used these ideas.

I would like to see a "Combat Training" multiplayer game type like there is in COD:Black Ops. You would play against AI opponents and get to set your own difficulty level. This would be a great way for people with a poor or bad internet connection to have fun in a multiplayer enviroment without having to worry about getting spawn killed over and over - not fun.

It would also be great to have the ability to drop Elites, Brutes, Jackels, and Grunts into custom or forge maps to battle - a sort of Garry's Mod for Halo.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Oh, by the way, I almost forgot the most important part ... and I hate to do this but I must ... NO BANNING, NO BANNING, NO BANNING! If you must ban somebody then ban those who really cheat with the use of evil controllers, lag switches and such.

Quitters and AFK's are not cheaters ... just quitters. Idle boostring can be done away with by giving credits based on kills/score ... no kills - no credits. 100 - 200 credits a kill seems about right to me. Certain kills could be rewarded more than others depending on difficulty or rank of player killed etc.

As much as I like the Halo franchise, and I have all the games, I will not buy Halo 4 if it includes any type of banning of quitters/afk's.

Gosh why do they have two threads for this one topic? D: now i have to repost my previous ideas.... oh well... here are some thoughts me and my clan (Burning Wolves) came up with:

1. MORE ARMOR CUSTOMIZATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:
  2. bullet time record in theater :2guns:
  3. lower weapon key on d-pad :halo:
  4. drivable pelican in custom games and possibly multiplayer :shok:
  5. ability to go prone :BoogaBooga:
  6. RVB firefight voices :help:
  7. special FX's nighttime and raining :hide:
  8. gauss rifle (not the type twin reaper posted (btw i posted this idea way before him) mine is more...removed turret like than his sniper design (his design is nice but for a totally different weapon) and the battery life idea is not good with his since futuristic batteries should not be easily depletable even though its attached to a railgun...)(this weapons would be spartan useable only because of its size and kickback) :laser:
  9. no item limit in forge 8)
  10. AI's in forge :pwned:
  11. weapons customization :pistol:
  12. warthog with flamethrower turret (increase range of the flame)
  13. firefight voices usable in customs and multiplayer?
  14. remove helmet option like in ODST
  15. character (face appearance) customization :rambo:
  16. new building types, plates, and vehicles for forge (possibly scarab and pelican plz? it would make customs so much more fun and making movies so much easier) :gathering:
  17. better weapon sounds because the tiny buzz of the gatlin gun is so unrealistic compared to what it should sound like seeing as its firing several hundred rounds a minute :smoke:
  18. Key on the d-pad that allows melee weapons on ur armor to be pulled out and used in normal combat (plz have a katana!!!) :drool:
  19. armor pieces give certain upgrades such as: shotgun wrist attachment allows for more shotgun shells carried when weilding a shotty, or a gps arm attachment comes with a small satalite map of the area with heat signitures of enemies, etc :shuriken:
  20. armor effects SHOULD BE KEPT (unless u want to remove armor lock and jetpack then im not complaining since noobs use those a lot)(the one use armor effects of halo 3 should be brought back UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES) :pc:
  21. props on the sprint always being inabled idea it will make games so much easier :respect:
  22. armor effect that allows for automated turrets to be set up and for vehicles to be repaired (the vehicle repair one could just be a toolkit that the spartan uses near the engine of the vehicle)
  23. interactive environment: doors that can be opened and closed for cover or for exiting into space environments and possible loadout items that involve various types of antipersonel mines and sticky explosives that are detonated by remote @w@ =@
  24. more realistic killzones (come on! spartans can breath for long periods of time in space but they cant go underwater???) :horse:
  25. (personal note: i believe the dmr is much more efficient and accurate than the br and that the dmr should be kept and the br should be disposed of >.<) (though im sure ill recieve tons of hate mail to the opposite ideal)
  26. (new idea!!!) agro system like army of two but more advanced so that whenever one of the players is firing in firefight or campaign and the other players arent firing the enemy will rush or shoot at that player (this would make things horribly realistic seeing as in rl when a group of soldiers has an enemy behind cover and one of them breaks cover and fires all fire is directed at that enemy to keep him down or kill him)

• Like 1

Gosh why do they have two threads for this one topic? D: now i have to repost my previous ideas.... oh well... here are some thoughts me and my clan (Burning Wolves) came up with:

1. MORE ARMOR CUSTOMIZATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:
  2. bullet time record in theater :2guns:
  3. lower weapon key on d-pad :halo:
  4. drivable pelican in custom games and possibly multiplayer :shok:
  5. ability to go prone :BoogaBooga:
  6. RVB firefight voices :help:
  7. special FX's nighttime and raining :hide:
  8. gauss rifle (not the type twin reaper posted (btw i posted this idea way before him) mine is more...removed turret like than his sniper design (his design is nice but for a totally different weapon) and the battery life idea is not good with his since futuristic batteries should not be easily depletable even though its attached to a railgun...)(this weapons would be spartan useable only because of its size and kickback) :laser:
  9. no item limit in forge 8)
  10. AI's in forge :pwned:
  11. weapons customization :pistol:
  12. warthog with flamethrower turret (increase range of the flame)
  13. firefight voices usable in customs and multiplayer?
  14. remove helmet option like in ODST
  15. character (face appearance) customization :rambo:
  16. new building types, plates, and vehicles for forge (possibly scarab and pelican plz? it would make customs so much more fun and making movies so much easier) :gathering:
  17. better weapon sounds because the tiny buzz of the gatlin gun is so unrealistic compared to what it should sound like seeing as its firing several hundred rounds a minute :smoke:
  18. Key on the d-pad that allows melee weapons on ur armor to be pulled out and used in normal combat (plz have a katana!!!) :drool:
  19. armor pieces give certain upgrades such as: shotgun wrist attachment allows for more shotgun shells carried when weilding a shotty, or a gps arm attachment comes with a small satalite map of the area with heat signitures of enemies, etc :shuriken:
  20. armor effects SHOULD BE KEPT (unless u want to remove armor lock and jetpack then im not complaining since noobs use those a lot)(the one use armor effects of halo 3 should be brought back UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES) :pc:
  21. props on the sprint always being inabled idea it will make games so much easier :respect:
  22. armor effect that allows for automated turrets to be set up and for vehicles to be repaired (the vehicle repair one could just be a toolkit that the spartan uses near the engine of the vehicle)
  23. interactive environment: doors that can be opened and closed for cover or for exiting into space environments and possible loadout items that involve various types of antipersonel mines and sticky explosives that are detonated by remote @w@ =@
  24. more realistic killzones (come on! spartans can breath for long periods of time in space but they cant go underwater???) :horse:
  25. (personal note: i believe the dmr is much more efficient and accurate than the br and that the dmr should be kept and the br should be disposed of >.<) (though im sure ill recieve tons of hate mail to the opposite ideal)

Your ideas are all awesome.