The "Official" What Do You Want Out Of Halo 4?

Exploseth

We more interactive forging enviroments.

ODST Drop pods, boats and those things.

We want sprint as a normal function, I'm tired of slowly walking through missions.

We want Halo.

I agree, sprint should be a standard across the board, as well as evade, IMO. Jetpack, Armor lock, drop sheild and cloak are the loadout special abilities.

I still think that the multiplayer should be split into two major groupings: Classic and Regular. Classic wont use armor abilities while regular will. Both modes will have the same sub-playlists (Team Slayer, Big Team, etc.).

I know this runs the risk of splitting the community in half, but it is one solution to the whole "AA's or No AA's" question. do both

I would like more hidden content in campaign. The terminals so far have evolved from text to video, why not take it one step further and make terminals hold playable levels! Some sort of 'mini' campaign that parallels the main campaign. A cloaking ability that actually works would be a nice addition, no radar jammer, move faster before it weakens, and much weaker shields. I may catch some flack for this but I think sprint should be a player trait. It should be changed though such as causing weaker shields and the motion tracker to go haywire. But once again I want a ton of hidden content in campaign, or at least enough to keep the Halo community trying to find everything for at least two days :P And a longer campaign, maybe 15 missions per game.

• Like 1

so many people want sprint to be a passive thing, not an armor ability, but it makes sense to have it as an ability not something you can do all the time...

if you are wondering why, it makes it so that the spartans are more human like IMO, because constantly running in the armor they wear would cause major damage

Well I'm a big fan of halo and the makers of the whole series, and I greatly like 343's work so I'm rooting on you guys. Since I don't want to repeat what I'd like since its so long and I don't want to add another big post on what I'd like and clog the forums, here is the URL from another topic on this site mines post # 11. I don't feel like I should clog the forums with repetitive posts. Its just me.

Ill post it on here tho if you don't trust the URL.

Hope you like my post.

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/6963-halo-reach-ideas-in-halo-4/

343 if your reading this i want you to mark this down now. Perhaps this should be a new game type or perhaps it should be a new playlist. whatever you want to do with it. I think halo 4 should have multi-player space combat. listen, this idea is a somewhat unique idea. for those of you who played star wars battle-front2 the space battle's were epic. one team had a main ship. the other team had a main ship. and at the begging of the game everyone spawned in there hangers and they all raced to there battle ship and flew out. an all out warfare above a planet. the goal was to destroy the ship by sabotaging all the main feature of the ship. and i know this is possible for reach because there was a campaign level. this would be amazing and would not be bad what so ever. 343 please add this into the game and excuse my spelling and grammar. and the spartans have suits on already can breath in space. best idea for halo 4.

• Like 1

343 if your reading this i want you to mark this down now. Perhaps this should be a new game type or perhaps it should be a new playlist. whatever you want to do with it. I think halo 4 should have multi-player space combat. listen, this idea is a somewhat unique idea. for those of you who played star wars battle-front2 the space battle's were epic. one team had a main ship. the other team had a main ship. and at the begging of the game everyone spawned in there hangers and they all raced to there battle ship and flew out. an all out warfare above a planet. the goal was to destroy the ship by sabotaging all the main feature of the ship. and i know this is possible for reach because there was a campaign level. this would be amazing and would not be bad what so ever. 343 please add this into the game and excuse my spelling and grammar. and the spartans have suits on already can breath in space. best idea for halo 4.

Great idea

i really just want the vehicles from halo 3 back like the hornet and chopper and we need to be able to join and leave mid game like every other game allows us to :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat:

... Joining mid game will probably mess up an already lag/bug prone matchmaking system. Seriously, every sequel of the Halo FPS franchise just gets buggier and buggier

1. Return of Dual-Wielding.

Dual-Wielding was introduced as a effective tactic in both campaign and multiplayer. In Halo 3 Dual-Wieldable weapons had less of a role and were optional in both campaign and multiplayer. The focus was on single wield weapons though Dual-Wieldable weapon were around if you pefer them. It was disappointing that Reach didn't keep the Halo 3 mentality of Halo 3's Dual-Wieldable weapons are there if you want to use them.

2. All Weapons in Multiplayer.

Every weapon from every Halo game for multiplayer or at least have the option to add though weapons in forge. Who cares if it doesn't fit in with Halo 4 campaign universe? Same goes with the maps. Who cares if it doesn't fit in the Halo 4 universe? If it's fun to play I certainly don't.

3. Human and Covenant Weapons (Possible Vehicles) from Halo 3 in Halo 4 Campaign.

In Halo 3 there was a cut scene of Elites and Humans trading weapons and possibly vehicles since they were also present aboard the Frigate. The very same Frigate that Master Chief is still on after it was cut in half by the collapse of the portal.

4. All Permutations from Halo 3 and Halo Reach.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that would have preferred to customize their Halo Reach Spartan with Halo 3 Permutations so it would have appeared similar. I was vastly disappointed when I discovered there was no Rouge helmet in Reach. They bothered with helmets like Recon and EOD. Speaking of Recon the only armor perms from Halo 3 Recon armor is the helmet, no chest or shoulders. I'd like all Halo 3 and Reach perms as well as an expanded selection instead of armor to choose from.

5. Less Vehicle destructibility.

If you hadn't notices. With each sequel it becomes more hazardous to drive/pilot vehicles and there are increasingly more tactics added through weapons and tweaks of weapons making it more difficult to use vehicles and can be a deterrent to some players. In Halo Reach it was more effective just fighting battles on foot cause the vehicles had cumulative vehicle damage which is crap since it is more dangerous then ever to be in a vehicle.

Halo 1. Indestructible. Halo 2. Destructible though was linked to your Spartan's life. As long as you live that Vehicle can't be destroyed. There were also additional means to target Vehicles such as lock-on rockets. Halo 3. The same as Halo 2 destructibility though there were far more ways in bringing Vehicles down. Lock-on Pod Missile Launcher, Plasma Pistol and Energy Drain kills engine, Spartan Laser, Mines. Halo Reach. Horrible Vehicle damage. The vehicle damage is no longer linked to the Spartan driving/piloting it and has accumulative damage and will blow up with enough damage even when you have shields/health. Plus more ways to destroy it. Plasma Pistol and EMP Grenade kills engine. Return of the Spartan Laser that wasn't in Halo 1 & 2. Plasma Launcher. Sniper Rifle does alarming amounts of damage to the vehicle. Sniper Rifle does far more damage to the Vehicles then any of the previous games. Why? Doesn't make since that the Sniper would get progressively weaker from Reach to Halo 3.

Halo 1. Baseline, bullet passes through targets. Halo 2. Doesn't pass through targets anymore effectively making it more dangerous. Halo 3. Passes though target again though bullet travel distance was introduced. Halo Reach... that is based before any of the other games. Instantly hits targets like in Halo 2 while having the penetrating ability of Halo 1 & 3 and damages Vehicles like an AT Rifle. Sure it could be that kind of weapon though it's contradictory to argue that since the Sniper Rifle is practically the same design and spec through every game. Conclusion, return Vehicle destructibility to the driver's/pilot's life instead of this crap continuous damage like in Halo Reach.

6. Revamed Maps.

IMO Halo 2 had the best maps of the lot. I'm tired of all these new maps they make with each game and only a couple from previous games. At least we can attempt to rebuild them in forge.

7. Every Vehicle from Halo 1 2 3 Reach in Multiplayer.

If you're like me you missed the Chopper from Halo 3 when you played Reach.

8. Some aspect of continuity.

Example.

For the more logical players out there you would have noticed Master Chiefs armor changed from Halo 2 to Halo 3 with no explanation. There was no opportunity to upgrade or change his armor as he jumped down to earth in the opening cinematic of Halo 3. Now in the Halo 4 trailer his armor has changed again with no explanation once again and all of a sudden Master Chief has an in built jet pack that assisted his movement though the zero G environment. Sure it looks cool though there's no explanation.

Time for a rant, "What? This is the same armor at the start of Halo 2. Why didn't you use that at any time in Halo 2? Would have been helpful when you took that bomb to that Covenant ship in space. Why didn't you use that to slow your fall back to Earth at the beginning of Halo 3? You could have used in anytime during the Halo 3 campaign MC. There were a few handy opportunities... and don't give me any crap like you didn't notice you had an inbuilt jet pack till the second Cortana woke you up from crio in the Halo 4 trailer. She would have noticed it when you acquired her from high charity." End of rant

9. Elites in Multiplayer.

Who cares if Elites could possibly not be in the campaign..? and give them more customization like they had in Halo 3. None of this preset crap in Reach. Plus all Armor from Halo 3 and Reach.

10. Machinama assist.

Save Films and Theater are great tools. Though some animations you try to get like the seemingly random death animations are sometime a time wasting experience. I'd like tools like camera shake and the like. Probably won't happen so there's no real point in continuing.

11. Unarmed Melee attacks (Not assassination animation).

Every since playing Dead or Alive 4 Spartan I'd though unarmed combat would be a great addition, at least as an optional choice. Assassination animation from Halo Reach doesn't count.

After thinking i decided to post it on here to make it less a hassle.

To me I personally don't think we should "reboot" I enjoy Halo Reach a lot, I like the strategy and adaptation it creates when it a fight against others, I learned to get past pretty much all the abilities and learned how to use other abilities in ways they where never used before. I can Hi-jack a Ghost that is boosting to ram me for example, I like the Loadouts for Reach as well, What I don't like though is how all the maps became bombarded with Kill-Zones though, it makes true creations that could've been made either hard or impossible, and the limits of what we can have on a map also effect it, also the water physics for Forge World's waterfalls and certain areas of water look as if it was jello, I think they should take ideas from all the Halo games, maybe even make a O.D.S.T. style Gametype. Maybe even make a space battle Gametype where players get to battle it out in Seraphs and Longswords, that would be very exciting, maybe one or two maps. I'm sure many would like to have a space battle in them. I've done it in the campaign with my friends and had fun trying to gun each other down.

Other good ideas is maybe increase the Max players to 32? If not atleast 20? And make the servers better. Invasion is my most favorite Gametype, and I think a 16 on 16 or a 10 on 10 would make it more.... Realistic to the Halo world more... Lively if I do say so myself. Also if u continue Invasion maybe make some more Invasion maps?

Another cool idea is to re-implement the camo textures on the vehicles like on Avalanche on Halo 3. That was really amazing. Maybe do that for the elites too. Make Falcons and such more customizable as to what weapons they can carry. And make the passenger Warthog a actual Multiplayer vehicle, make the side of the tank where the treads armor plating to be able to have passengers with real players like in Halo and O.D.S.T.. re-implement the Spectre from Halo 2. As well?

Also a really exciting mode to have to me is if the stars of Halo-Halo 3 I'm going to say are in Halo 4, is to have a Gametype that you have to defend a small dark encampment from the Flood, and have flashlights on the guns, that would be a pretty scary yet fun Gametype I think, like a survival type Firefight (1 life and gets harder and harder (no skulls) just more enemies and stronger shields and players have limited ammo and can only get weapons and ammo from whatever the flood drops) rather then a defend type Firefight (replenish-able ammo and health packs).

Make the visors for the Spartans more customizable, like a hex pallet where we can have reds, pinks, yellows, oranges, greens, and other various colors, also definitely make the Elites customizable as well, I don't like having same-variant Elites as another guy I want to be my own, and the lights on the Elites should be customizable like its the Elites visor, also have all the Halo series helmets and armor available to all, and make some new ones of 343's own desire and creativity. And for the Spartans and their knives maybe make it so we can put are knife where we would like? And maybe re-implement the katana from Halo 3? I'd like to have it as an assassination weapon if u have it on your character (only 1 assassination is really needed it could have the energy sword assassinations as well it is a sword as well afterall), and the knives should be able to be on your arm, near around wrist, back shoulder blade, bottom of leg near boot outside to the legs not in between, near the side or back of hip, chest and waist. Also make the armor be able to have more colors like your should can be a color, and the helmet and the chest and legs and boots another with a secondary color implemented.

Another idea I have is make the brutes a playable character as well, they have shields like elites but a little weaker but have stronger melee strength and health, and a different weapon base that could encourage players to strategize and create methods on how to overcome brute players.

The Gravity Hammer was a disappointment to not have an assassination to it since the sword has quite a few the Hammer should have atleast one right, and the Hammer has a blade on it and would make a pretty cool animation to "stab-slam" (swing the Hammers blade upwards to dig up into the victims back then swing them upwards with a 180 arc, and a 180 twist of the hammer so the victim can hit the ground hard.)

I do agree with the whole make Campaign and Firefight included with the TU updates to the Multiplayer.

This is all just my opinion on ideas for Halo 4.

Personally i would LOVE to see Armor abilities play class roles in things like 5v5 and BTB. they say that the armer mods were going to take changes, but i would like to see "loadouts" carry class descriptions as they have, but be customizable within their fields.

essentially i would like to be able to run support, so i would have something like +8% damage to taking out sheilds, but -10% to actual armor/body hits. or have larger ammo clips at the cost of slower reloads.

to me it would be a cool side project for a mode that will focus a bit more on the team and unique abilities than just getting the highest KD.