The "Official" What Do You Want Out Of Halo 4?

Exploseth

Guest deathabove1

• New weapons mixed with old ones and bring back sentanal beam
  • Sweat new vehicles and pleas 1 human vehicle you can shoot and drive but drive at a fast past like a ghost.
  • The armor system to be just as good or better.
  • Forge to allow about 16 people.
  • A new forge world with reel land not a metal floor.
  • Forge setting to just allow the host to forge.
  • A nice campaign and that looks done already. The chance to drive a pelican/phantom/scarab or a new forerunner vehicle.
  • Maybe a kind of rope item in forge to connect items but still with an ability to move both items separably.
  • Finally a door in forge with a button to open and close it.

Any body add to this and made a great list just like halo its self.

@Rasanak, that is a brilliant idea! That would be so fun! It could be like a giant game type where there is a human team of 10, and an elite team of 10, each with their own ship. (eg. humans could be in a ship like the savanah, and elites could be in something like a corvette) and there could be like sabres on the human side, and space banshees and saraphs for the elites and the two bigger ships can be manned by a single player and fight each other and each ship should be able to take a certain amount of damage before exploding, while all of the sabres and banshees and flying vehicles fight in between. and, if players want, they could try and take over the other team's ship. there could be various different vehicles on the ships, oh man the possibilitys are ENDLESS. THIS IDEA WOULD BE SO COOL YOU'RE A GENIUS RASANAK!

Hey, everybody. :hi: Just thought I'd toss my thoughts into the hat along with yours.

I'd like to see...

...Subsequent Betrayals/Suicides after the first (or second) having more impact on a match and a player's ability to play.

• What I mean is: harsher score penalties and longer suspensions for unsportsmanlike conduct.

• I know accidents happen, but they shouldn't happen more than a couple of times before a player wisens up.

...A scoring system that doesn't just take the Quantity of kills into account, but the Quality of the kills, as well.

• I'm talking about rewarding the Speed, Efficiency, and Teamwork of you and your team (if you're technically on a team).

• I mean, just because you can rack up a large bodycount doesn't necessarily make you an artist of death, it just means you're as frenetic as a squirrel on crack.

...Armor Abilities that are balanced against each other, against the map, and against the match type.

• If a map is very vertical, then I might want a Jetpack, but don't penalize me on that map just because I don't select it.

• If I snap on Armor Lock because I'm surrounded and don't stand a chance, don't make my opponents have to wait for the inevitable.

• If bullets can pass through a hologram, why then can't I?

• I could go on...

...A ranking system that takes more than just your Win/Loss ratio into account.

• Players with high stats in Betrayals, Suicides, Booted/Banned, and/or Quits could be isolated to games with others who have similar stats.

• This could match-up players according to all sorts of criteria: the Hardcore, the Casual, the Trolls and Team-killing f***tards, et cetera...

...Separate stat listings for different playlists.

• If someone does well in Teams and not in Rumble Pit, they shouldn't have stats that muddle these facts.

...A lot more armor paint-schemes, colours, and emblem customization options.

• I know I'm in the minority of people who obsess over uniquity.

• But even doubling the customization options for emblems and colors would go a long, long way toward finally making me happy with this issue.

• And I would settle for having a handful of preset paint-schemes/designs that we could then choose the colours for.

...Parkour.

• That's right. I want my half-tonne SPARTAN-IV to be able to run up and along walls while sprinting, and grab and pull himself up onto high-ledges when I jump.

• I'm not entirely serious about this one, but I think it would be pretty sick to have more verticality in my gameplay without the need for a Jetpack.

...Alternate fire settings for some weapons usable via the D-pad.

• If the Battle Rifle is coming back, we should be able to make use of its 3 settings: semi-automatic, 3-round burst, and full automatic fire.

• Other weapons could be tailored to specific settings as well, whether to reduce firing rate for an increase of accuracy, or to switch SpLazer between anti-tank and anti-personelle settings.

• Again, not entirely serious about this idea, but I think it would be nifty.

Well, that's all for now. ^_^

If I think up any more I'll update this post. :yes

• Like 4

I'd personally like more customization in armor for example tier 1, tier 2, tier 3, and tier 4 color customization so you can truly make your spartan your very own.

I would abosutely love for the katana to make a re-appearnce in halo 4 that would make my mind explode with happiness lol

I'd love to have a feature for infection where you run from the flood, Imagine flood spawners running around trying to attack you and mutated flood bodies attempting to knock you down so the flood spawners can latch on to you and turn you into a mutated spartan. This right here would make infection a much more worth wild thing in my aspect.

I'd love to have a lot more forge items something that halo 3 did well but also have the halo reach ability to geo merge objects, It was awful to do that in halo 3 it took forever to make some good maps.

Finally I would absoutely I mean just die from shock or over excitement if 343 brought some halo 3 maps, halo 2, and halo 1 maps in a re-worked style or better if they brought halo 3 maps and some halo 2. This here would make me bow down to 343 and worship them XD.

I would like more guns (maybe bring back the missile pod), new enemies (plus the old ones), and new vehicles (plus the old ones). Gun customization. Bring back elephants, choppers, prowlers, and shadows. Include spades (the flatbed in the REACH campaign). As for forge, everything RussianPenguin said.

Here is a list of things I would like to see in halo 4.

* Beam rifle

* Carbine

* Flame thrower

* Flame Grenades

* spike grenades

* brute shot

* Brute Stake rifle

* Bute Crossbow = Brute version of a sniper rifle

* Dual weilding

* Mechs

* Falcon

* Brute throwing glaive

* Be able to use deployibles again. Only armor abilities should be running/rolling. No armor lock period. Jetpacks, invisibility, overshield, emp, health generatior, radar jammer, exc. are picup items

* Jump kick ability

* anyone who buys a legendary version of the games gets a legendary sword on there back just like on the difficulty symbol for legendary.

* Also you should be able to unlock camos for your armor and weapons.

*game type called cage wars where one team has to trap the other in prison. You capture by killing openant and they spawn in your cage. But you can release your team mates if you are able to open the cage. first team to trap entire enemy team at the same times wins.

A ranking system like Halo 3, but no Downgrades If you lose. Keep the 1-50. like they said BR Main weapon. AR or Magnum for secondary. No First spawns abilities, you must pick them up from off the map and use it ONCE like in Halo 3. Especially, that great feeling when you play as Master Chief.

I want them to put the campaign above the multiplayer. I felt that bungie forgot that people loved halo not only for the multiplayer, but the rich environment, characters, and plot of the campaign. In halo reach, I felt like the campaign was a secondary goal for the team. I really want the depth that I felt in halo and halo 2 as well as some of the books like ghosts of onyx and fall of reach. I want a game where the story is put above everything else. I like new and improved graphics, but I won't care to play it if it doesn't have a decent story. I didn't get sucked into the universe of halo reach. I even appreciated the odst game because it still had a story that got me back into the halo universe.

I also would like weapon upgrades (only in campaign)

I want equipment from halo 3 back.

I want the halo 3 spartan laser back, not the halo reach spartan laser.

I want the banshee to be turned back into its former glory

I hope you can make a map as large as coldsnap or hugeass from halo ce on the pc.

What do i want..... well..... then fun of just playing halo, something totally unexpected, Cortana doesent go into rampancy ( PLEASE!), allot bigger maps for multiplayer such as,( space battles, navy boat battles), Special Ops missions, One playlist that is suited for a whole **** load of people like 50 Vs 50 TDM, CTF, Assault, and other cool games. The beam rifle and my woink woink gun ( Carbine lol), other Spartans to help you at some point like in halo reach but not all the time( i like talking to Cortana lol). Maps such as Last Resort, blood gulch, Valhalla and other classics. Get master chief out of his disciplined self and make him more human instead of all armor. Also vehicles such as the elephant( what can i say, on sand trap when everyone was fighting i would ride around in it lol) cobra, wolverine, hawks, the vulture except you can go in the seats in the vehicle, passenger warthog and you can go in the back. some kind of covenant warthog. a covenant aircraft like a vulture. ALSO, I THINK I SPEAK FOR EVERYONE WHEN I SAY BRING BACK MY MONGOOSE!!!! The jet pack and sprint back but no armor abilities. Even better armor customization for the Spartans and the elites. Unlimited money for forge. A whole new forge world for space, underground, and land, and oceans. Also the ability to actually make navy ships for the water and the sky that can move and operate. Some silenced weapons FOR CAMPAIGN ONLY. Changing the weather for the new forge world. Dont make load outs that are way too close to COD. Firefight voices were cool id like to see them come back. A kind of game play for multiplayer in which you drop down from drop pods and use stealth to complete specific missions, and some game type that has only one life per person and have to do an objective like search and destroy. Forge Should have the ability to make scarabs and elephant. A LONG CAMPAIGN. Alternating story lines like with the arbiter and the master chief in halo 2. A beta like in halo reach. Ability to akimbo guns. Bring back the SMG's. For forge add AI players. I think i mentioned this b4 but no armor abilities in campaign, only for forge. Diversity of sexes in campaign and multiplayer. Also allot of Easter eggs. Some multiplayer assassinations for multiplayer. Also why does your spartan model in Reach only hold a DMR?, If there are credits in Halo 4 you could maybe "buy" a new weapon for your spartan model too just simply hold. Plus the following sentence i just wrote was a quote. Also i know this doesent tie into halo 4 but MAKE SURE YOU SUPPORT A HALO WARS 2, i cant tell you how much fun that game is( no wonder its the best selling RTS for Xbox. Pelicans should be in multiplayer too. A door for forge in which you can open a door with a click of a button. Also phantoms should be in forge and multiplayer

Elites, arbiter armor, council member armor(from halo 2), stronger covenant weapons or faster covenant weapons,beam rifle, firefight 3.0: scarab bosses, flood, etc. warthog runs, costumization for elites, dual wield with sword and plasma rifle(like in deliver hope), suppressed weapons and their non-silenced counterparts, forgable firefight maps , carry dual wield weapons without dropping them when running switching weapons or melee, pelican transport in firefight, new matchmaking games, arbiter dlc where he discovers himself, another red vs blue interaction in the campaign(Easter egg), ranking system, keep credits and ranking separate, covenant firefight(play as covenant fighting flood or unsc), elites and unsc working together in firefight, armor detail, more armor color customization, play as odst or marine(in certain game modes), mor attachments to armor, armor effects character, more forge races( not just forerunner objects), play as more than just elite and spartan(brute,flood,marine,odst), weather conditions in maps, jackal shield armor ability, drop pod drop ins, more assassination animations, music customization during gameplay or forge in music at certain points, weather affects weapons and terrain, more vehicles, air battles(phantom vs pelican), bring back voice masks(like from halo 2), flag assassinations and skull assassinations, interact able maps like turning stuff on and off, night vision in multiplayer

I have alternated some of my ideas: (please note I think one of them was not my idea, but a fellow member's. I will point it out when I bring it up.)

Ok so first, with forge, there should be forgeable: drop pods, pelicans, phantoms, vultures, wolverines, locusts, elephants, hornets, falcons, (yes hornets and falcons), navy boats and aircraft carriers, and space banshees. What should MAYBE be forgeable: scarabs, corvettes, UNSC frigates, sabers, cobras, Seraphs, and unlikely, super carriers.

There should be a much bigger forge budget, maybe 35-50000$, much larger item quantities.

Forgeable working doors, changeable weather conditions, bigger forging area, multiple forging worlds, the option for no teams, an option for destructible environments, and simpler way to make a map valid for a certain game type.

Ok, now multiplayer. Here it goes:

Updated playlists; bigger teams on big team battle, like 20 Vs. 20, and here is where my buddy's idea comes in; he basically said there should be two frigates: one human, one covenant. (corvette). Everyone would spawn in their frigate, and can choose whether they want to pilot the frigate, get in a saber or space banshee/seraph, or get in a vehicle to protect the frigate from indoor attacks. The frigate can only take a certain amount of damage, then it gets destroyed. After a team's frigate is destroyed, tgey have to survive as long as they can without dying, because, well, their spawn points are blown up. Then the game would end once the team is finally killed off, or time runs out.

Also, for multiplayer, I think the ranks should be like halo reach, except credits can only buy you armor, and EXP ranks you up. I also agree with the statement saying that the gun your Spartan holds on the start menu should be customizable, different weapons costing credits. Also, one more thing for multiplayer armor: MAKE RECON A CHALLENGE TO GET AGAIN. And also don't make crappy helmet attachments a complete rip off.

As for campaign: I just think it should be a long, exciting experience that keeps players challenged and hooked. Also, have some silenced weapons too.

All catergories: bring back the carbine, brute shot, missile pod, smg, and the multiple grenade options, but keep the DMR, needle rifle, concussion rifle, plasma repeater, and plasma launcher. BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GET RID OF THE FOCUS RIFLE. Also, include troophogs and brute choppers. I also think halo 4 should come in 2 disks: one for campaign and offline firefight, one for matchmaking, forge, custom game, and theater. Well, I think thats all :)

• Like 1