The "Official" What Do You Want Out Of Halo 4?

Exploseth

I want to forge maps you could use in firefight mode

I want the warthog to be strong like in halo3

I want to be able to build roads in forge world

If there are elephants in halo 4 ( which I want) I want to be able to forge them

• Like 1

I want the Halo 2 and 3 community back. I miss seeing that there was millions of people online

Then again what I mainly want is a great custom games system, where you can edit game options to the extent that slayer can only be played with objective objects like the flag or oddball. Maybe you can even edit Infection so when a zombie assassinates a player that infected turns back into a human and the player killed spawns in as the new infected or assassin. I want crazy sandbox options that allow you to be creative and create kickass stuff!

Me and some friends were talking about halo 4 the other day when we got into the subject of clans and guilds. We being in a clan, wanted to see something more from halo 4 revolving around the idea of actually making clans more apart of the halo experience. The options for clans are just endless. As you know making a clan in any other halo game just consists of getting some halo players, changing you emblems and service tag, and playing multiplayer together. That's as good as it gets, as well as playing some customs with other clans. But with things like halo waypoint, there could be so much more to get the player involved. (of course there is arena but its still quite the open concept.) If we took halo waypoint and had a whole section for signing up for clans, leader boards, tournaments etc. Some of the possibilities that I have come up with are as follows.

-tournaments with prizes hosted maybe once a month

-recruiting pages for new clans

-leader boards

-a playlist for clans

-clan information in service record

-in clan playlist, team emblem and name would change during game

The way I see it this is how it would start. You and your friends are starting to get better at halo and want to start a clan. They would then go to halo waypoint and sign them and there team for a clan. If they are qualified (rank, etc.) If they would get a spot as a clan they would be able to customize clan ranking, emblem etc. This then means they could go to a clan playlist if they have a team of all players in their clan. From there they can climb in the leader boards get more popular. Along with entering monthly clan tournaments hosted by 343.

I really think 343 should add this in to get the player involved and to give them something to work for, I'm not sure how this would go so tell me your opinion on the subject.

• Like 1

Two major things I'd like to see in Halo 4 would be:

1.) Return of Clans: When I first started playing Halo 2 this feature of setting of a clan was under advertised but well utilized by myself and others online. I think it was one of the key differentiators from other games at the time and since then. In the fledling world of console online gaming it provided a real opportunity to identify with others once joining and enabled a sense of community. Since its removal (and other changes) you still see people wanting to identify with a group but not having an ingame means of doing so. As the leader of my group (clan) I can say with absolute certainty it was one of the main reasons my group stayed together through the years playing the halo franchise as well as others. Of course as games, online gaming, and gamers evolve so to should the concept of a clan and its offerings. I do not expect 343 to provide a medium where by a clan could tie in accomplishments from other games or consoles. I'm merely asking for the ability for clan matches, clan rankings based on those matches, Clan messaging, ranks (modifable to a standard more like WoW vs the original fewer levels of Halo2), and of course clan medals/achievements.

2.) Disable Xbox Live Party Chat while in game/combat. Once we saw the evolution of Xbox Live and its dashboard go from the afterthought (and background) of our consoles to the forefront of our experience we started to lose the very thing that brought us to online gaming, the interaction. Currently when you play Reach or any other online multiplayer game you can join a team of people that potentially could all be in completely separate conversations through their own private party chats. In my opinion this is counter productive to not just the game but the online gaming experience. We don't see our beloved NFL players on each play with a cell phone in their ear and calling someone else while trying to score. No, we see everyone get on the field and play each play while communicating with the players that are 'in play'. Once off the field (out of the match) you should give them the option to go back to their previously established private chat. This change in both xbox live, hopefully lead by this release of Halo 4 would redefine our online gaming experience. It would encourage people to actually plug in their mics and open their mouths to communicate with their team mates. All too often (log in and experience this for yourself sometime) you will start a Halo matchmaking game and maybe 2 people out of 8 have mics plugged in. When you DO get more than 25% of the players to plug in their mics they are in those private chats with other people. Can you imagine trying to capture a flag, defend from an assault, or just communicate in battle without the ability to do so? Why do I think this is a Halo 4 issue and not XBL in general is because the Halo franchise helped birth Xbox Live. It wasn't Rainbox Six, or ChromeHounds, or CoD, it was the Halo franchise that set the presedence for how we as gamers wanted to interact with each other. Its how people enjoyed their downtime by connecting to their friends through their consoles vs their PCs and making bonds despite geographical distances. If Halo 4 would be the first to have an intelligent party chat disable option you will see this applied to other games and have a ripple affect across all of gaming.

Please consider both of these suggestions as I think they would really add value to the franchise and gaming in general.

Thanks for your time

-DCScorpio

So far for me 343 is doing everything right! Recently I have seen people complaining about the style of the Grunts & Elites. Personally I feel the grunts new look is absolutely fine- the nose pipe breathing tube is very nice and shows how the armor and guns have evolved over time, I do feel the elites hands should be armored though :P I'd really like to see some of the old emblems come back! Especially the 'Grunt Symbol' emblem!

• Like 1

I want the return of the needle rifle in reach in was usaually dominated by the dmr like most weapons sadly. Please make the dmr a weapon that owns in long rang does fairly in mid range and very very hard to use close range. Oh and make the Assualt rifle a good gun again. It was weak in the recent halos . I hope it owns in short ranges and stands some what of a chance in mid range combat. REMEMBER 343 PLEASE HAVE SPACE BATTLES IN MULTI PLAYER. Like players flying around in pelicans and sabers and banshes,etc. Aswell as a invasion game type that would prepare the spartans for things in Spartan-ops and since I know elites arent playable it would be Spartans representing the rebels

I'm already very impressed at how, even with all these new features, it still looks and (presumably) feels like Halo. I didn't really expect much difference since 343 is still behind the game, but you never know how an IP handover will end up.

The one and only thing I really, truly want for Halo 4, as unlikely as it may be, is...my Hayabusa back.

Please have falcons that carry five people two gunners three passengers or two. It could create more drop-off or extraction situations bring needle rifle back and make the assault rifle a weapon that can be used again i dont wanna always have to use a dmr or br like in halo reach or halo 3 just to get a kill

Please have falcons that carry five people two gunners three passengers or two. It could create more drop-off or extraction situations bring needle rifle back and make the assault rifle a weapon that can be used again i dont wanna always have to use a dmr or br like in halo reach or halo 3 just to get a kill