The "Official" What Do You Want Out Of Halo 4?

Exploseth

there's one thing in halo 4 that I think would be awesome, customizable loadouts in campaign.

it's kind of dumb that they would allow you to customize in MP but they wouldn't in campaign, in fact you would think they would give you even less restrictions in campaign, however they don't.

I want to see a totally new concept, I want there to be the two weapons like you normally have, but I also what to see a standard weapon set alongside them.

Say you get your choice weapons, a DMR and Sniper, or what ever, along with those weapons you get a standard pistol that you can draw using the D-pad, and maybe a basic cut down rifle similar to a P90 that clips to your chest, either or both of these weapons would be standard and cannot be removed or replaced.

If not having a small rifle clipped to your chest, at the least having a pistol stuck to you somewhere that remains standard no matter what your two weapons are is a really good Idea, that way if you run out of ammo, or need the pistol as moderation you have it available at all times...

I also think the ammo cap on all weapons needs to go through the roof, I liked Halo: CE back when you could have up to ten clips of almost any weapon, putting a three or four clip limit on a weapon is stupid, especially in campaign, has anyone ever gone through the campaign in either halo2 or halo3 with BR ammo to spare?

I think we can all agree that the reach ranking system was completely bogus. Halo 3 had a brutal ranking system and it was amazing. You win, you go up a rank. You lose the next game, tough luck. It put you in your place based on how good you were. You got stuck at 45 like me? Then that was how it was. I knew I couldn't get to 50 by myself and the game put me in a league with players of perfectly matched skill. Halo reach didn't give you any incentive whatsoever! You grinded... And everyone knows grinding is for mmos. Not skill-based shooters. Grinding for cR wasn't fun. Playing hard and trying desperately to get that next highest skill was a great feeling when you finally succeeded! And being able to show off the seperate ranks for each playlist, oh man. It was perfect! How could someone enjoy the system of Reach? Sure, they can brag about how much TIME has been spent playing. But not how GOOD you are. I will fight for this cause until the game comes out. Who's with me?

• Like 3

I think we can all agree that the reach ranking system was completely bogus. Halo 3 had a brutal ranking system and it was amazing. You win, you go up a rank. You lose the next game, tough luck. It put you in your place based on how good you were. You got stuck at 45 like me? Then that was how it was. I knew I couldn't get to 50 by myself and the game put me in a league with players of perfectly matched skill. Halo reach didn't give you any incentive whatsoever! You grinded... And everyone knows grinding is for mmos. Not skill-based shooters. Grinding for cR wasn't fun. Playing hard and trying desperately to get that next highest skill was a great feeling when you finally succeeded! And being able to show off the seperate ranks for each playlist, oh man. It was perfect! How could someone enjoy the system of Reach? Sure, they can brag about how much TIME has been spent playing. But not how GOOD you are. I will fight for this cause until the game comes out. Who's with me?

Im with you all the way, it was a good concept to have the credits for buying armor stuff, but its not a ranking system that you want to rate team member on....

I have a cause im working on as well take a look at it and let me know what you think...

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/10045-halo-reach-is-not-canon-and-noble-team-cannot-exist/

• Like 1

I want to fly a pelican in some big team multiplayer game and be able to pick up a warthog and deliver it to people, or just mess around like that in forge.

I'd fly in there and be like: Gentlemen the Calvary has arrived drops off players/warthog.

The human weapons in the trailer didn't look human. They looked like an artist made them really fancy just because it was possible. I mean, the grunts and elites that I saw already look like they came out of some kid's Saturday morning cartoon, but at least make the weapons right please?

I would love for there to be a new Forge that allows you to edit EVERYTHING! And I mean EVERYTHING! And we should have a Forge World 2.0 a bigger, better map! And to forge pelicans, elephants, fly them, drive them. Just do one thing for me. I want you to NOT bring back the Hornet please. i hate those things.

and Slipt-Screen NEED to have in all game modes, is really disgusting that u have to buy 2 Xbox ,2 TVs , 2 games , for play with someone on your side, damn i have a console that support 4 controllers almost none game play with that 4 or 2 at least.

and online is good but all that lag, matchmaking , vote take alot of time

I need reticle bloom, please. Not a lot, like title update reticle bloom is perfectly fine with me, just please do not take it out. I feel like without it, it just isn't a game of skill. If people want ZB please make that it's own playlist or something, that's all I want.

indeed

They should make Halo 4 like Halo 2 so you play both sides:

Humans vs Covenant

OR

Humans vs Forerunners

It would be fun to play from both points of view

Well, it would be nice if there are a few missions (maybe in S-Ops) that explain you what happened to Thel and Rtas and the Cov. Separatists after Halo 3

• Like 1

(sorry if already stated)

=====FORGE=======

--no limit restriction--

so if you can afford it you can do it eg. 1000 walls or 1000 triangles instead of 500 walls and 500 triangles.

--textures--

all objects have a number of textures eg. sand wall, forerunner or forest.

--NPCs--

npcs from the game BUT only in offline local mode so it doesn't lag

--more structures--

more structures eg. large ships for background use

--more props--

more props like; bodies, guns that don't cause ammo increase, destroyed vehicles ect

--mission mode--

player build something in forge fills it with npcs and creates his/her own version of spartan ops.

-un-rip-off-able turrets-

turret that cant be ripped off but more powerful

-more forge pieces-

-map effects-

effects like dust, snow, mist, night(not dark) also the choice of heavy medium or light

-natural pieces-

rocks, trees, dead shrubs ect

-lights-

covenant or human

====Vehicles=====

all vehicles like elephant and others should be in there

-Ghoul-

covenant transport vehicle, power between spectre(halo 2) and the wraith. holds:

1-driver

1-gunner

4-seated

-vampire-

covenant attack aircraft, kind of like the apache helicopter from battlefield 3

holds:

1- pilot/ weapon-2 fuel rode cannons

1-gunner/ weapon heavy plasma machine gun

-Turtle(or something else idk)-

human version of the ghoul

-Badger-

a light armoured vehicle, power between mongoose and war-hog

holds

1-driver/ weapon-small machine gun with a limit view of shoot range.

=====WEAPONS========

all weapons from previous games

- forerunner knights sword-

slower but longer range than energy sword

-Combat bow-

a bow that takes time to charge up, slow arrows, instant kill

-halo 1, 2 ,3 , reach and odst pistols-

the pistols from each halo game because they change alot

- machete -

like energy sword but for humans

======Armour Abilities======

-drop med-pack-

drops a med-pack on the floor that restores shield instantly

-flash-

like the flare from halo 3

-night vision-

sees in dark maps

-heat vision-

human version of forerunner vision but instead of x-ray increase vision in front

======Other===========

-forge maps-

come in snow, forest, dust, night, day ect

-more game options-

more/less objectives in invasion, lives instead of time ect

-gun camo-

like the pre-order bonus for br

-load outs control-

load outs include armour restrictions, colour, weapon, damage, speed, health, armour abilities exclusive to that loadout

(there will be alot of mistakes)

You know they never really explained what happened to Jun in reach, so it would be pretty cool if he was in Halo 4

Yeah except Jun is to damn old to exist, I made a whole article about how the game Halo: Reach goes against the whole story of halo and pretty much destroys all the games and most of the books, I guess some mod didnt like it so they deleted it.

Anyhow, the oldest a III can be from the beginning of the III program would be 27 Carter is 32, Jun and Emile are both 28-29 but I cant remember which is which, either way, they are to old to exist, bungie hates there fans, and made a game that has nothing to do with anything and now all of you people think its the bible or something...

• Like 2

For Halo 4 I would like;

The magnum from halo 2, the beam rifle or maybe an upgraded version?, more, more, more, MORE GUNS!!!!! because simply everyone loves a big variety of weapons, more armor customization, I liked the credits system in Reach but it seemed as if it was hard to get those armors pieces upgrade possibly? I've seen people post about those little details to add to your suit(ex. scratches, cracks in a visor, ect.) that would be very good because in the past Halo games everyone had their own combination of an armor set up, but those little details would make a BIG difference it would show that, that's the players suit of armor, know what i'm trying to get at? And Also bring back some maps, at the same time add lots of new one.

As for forge itself I don't have much input in it beside this one thing, they player should be able to change the texture of the object(ex. Covenant, Human, "aged" what i mean by that is like a old decayed type of texture, ect.)

Story Mode: By what I've seen in the E3 demo game play, and the director commentary, it seems fine. But there is one thing it may just be me but Halo 4 has more of a "Crisis" feel to it, which isn't bad don't get me wrong, Crisis is a good game but..hmmm i don't know how to explain it. :(

One thing I personally didn't like in Halo: Reach, was the perks you could choose, I think Halo was fine without them. DO NOT add jet pack, or armor lock.

Most of all I do miss that classic feel of playing Halo, and I see the battle rifle is back that is good, i miss it! :D

Anyways that's all I can think of at the moment, feel free to comment on this post and throw your ideas in as well.

@VynceVaccari, Follow me on Twitter.

I don't understand why people want swimming abilities in Halo 4 and water vehicles, that would be a big thumbs down for me honestly.

Things id like(i know i posted one earlier but here is a simpler concept):

-Take out perks.

-Add classic and non story mode based MP levels.

-More, more, more guns!

-Beautiful story line.

-HUGE armor selection (including Mark V & VI)

-Color wheel (for armor)

-Armor Details. (ex. scratches, cracks, ect.)

-Better forge world. (possible two worlds?)

-WAY BETTER credits system.

-Possible see Master Chief's face? (you know you want to see it too)

-If possible bring Arbiter back in.

-Possible game mode where you can play as Covenant, or "Forerunner"?

-BR & DMR? please :)

-Story Mode: Cut scene interactions? (Ex. press a button to dodge enemy's hit or something of that sort)

-Story Mode: Previous Halo games flashbacks?

-Multiplayer: PLEASE NO JETPACK or ARMOR LOCK!

-Multiplayer(local): AI Bots to play against, who don't have XBL, or just want to kick some AI butt lol