The "Official" What Do You Want Out Of Halo 4?

Exploseth

Personally, I would aim to make Halo 4 more like the classic Halo's (1, 2, and 3). 343 has brought back the BR and have done away with bloom, which is a great start, but I would like to see a few other changes made as well.

First, the removal of Armor Abilities. AA's give the game an abnormal flow while playing, and they take away the traditional feel of Halo. Even the equipment changed this to a certain extent. Before these things came into play, it was just you, the accuracy of your shots, and your ability to evade enemy fire. AA's and Equipment made things easy for the player though, instead of having epic battles for power ups, you have people wearing an armor ability that makes them invisible. Instead of having to shoot a gunner/driver out of a vehicle, you can simply power drain or trip mine them. Instead of having to run away strategically when you're about to die you can simply armor lock, bubble shield, or sprint away etc. etc. Even the jetpack is pointless, you're super easy to kill while flying, people flying around the map changes how Halo's gameplay should feel (ground combat), and not to mention you can get to areas on the maps that shouldn't be accessible. An easy fix for all of these things would be to have two sets of ALL of the playlists, one with AA's and equipment, the other obviously without them. This would give the players a choice between what to play based on their own views.

Second, and probably the most important change for me would be dedicated servers. Dedicated servers are going to be expensive, but when you compare the cost to the satisfaction of millions of players, it's extremely worth it. I can't tell you how many times I've been in a matchmade game where the connection drops to red bar and everyone starts lagging because the host has a bad connection. These servers would be hosting the games as opposed to people around the world with varied connections thus providing us, the players, with a stable and consistent connection.

In summary, I just want the classic feel back, battling strictly for power weapons, camo, and overshield. All of the additions have slowed the game down and have made the target audience people playing strictly for fun. Personally, I play for competiton so faster gameplay and challenges are what I'm looking for.

This.

• Like 1

what do i want out of halo 4? i want that feeling of halo that i used to get defeating my first covenent armada, i want that feel of destroying the flood in halo 1, i want the feel i got first playing halo 2 online, i want the same feeling i got when i lugged my tv and xbox over to my buddies house just to play halo 2 system link, i want the feeling of hope when i saw the first scene of halo 3 where master chief comes back, i want that feeling of killing that first brute in halo 3 i want that feeling of seeing you favorite characters fall just so you could stop the flood, i want that feeling of halo back... please

I remember exploring way off the beaten path in Halo 2 levels like Outskirts and Delta Halo and I think it would be awesome to have that amount of freedom in Halo 4, I couldn't really seem to go anywhere like that in Reach without hitting that annoying "RETURN TO BATTLEFEILD" invisible wall. I would also like to see a suppressed varient of the sniper rifle and duel wielding should return for sure but if not then give us a revamped SMG.

Also keep the lock-on capability of the rocket launcher from Halo 2 and maybe the old scoped pistol? Anyone?

I know Cortana is supposed to be losing it but I love her dark sense of humor and witty sarcasm and I think that should return.

Some other things I would like.

• Beam Rifle
  • Scarier Elites (it looks like this is already happening)
  • Mongoose
  • 2-4 Player Split-Screen Co-Op Campaign
  • 2-4 Player Split-Screen Competitive Multiplayer

And last but not least, that sense of mystery you got from Halo CE as you progressed through each level. I remember the cave you had to drive through on the 2nd level (Halo) of Halo CE and how the architecture of the ring tied into the story. Remember the "OH MY GOD I'M IN AN ALIEN SPACESHIP" feeling you got on the level The Truth and Reconciliation? I want that back.

The first thing I'd like is better armor abilities. Promethean/Forerunner Vision is a pretty good concept now that they've clarified it, but it seems like it wouldn't be useful to experienced players. Jetpack is more like an uphill battle. If someone stands under you blasting away with a BR, you're done. The concept of Hologram is great, but I seldom see it used effectively. Most people just send the hologram out in the middle of a huge clearing in attempt to throw off the enemy. Armor Lock was almost useless unless you activated right as a ghost or warthog was about to splatter you. Evade shouldn't be an armor ability. I'd hate to see it in Halo 4, but if they do they should make it similar to how they made Sprint.

Next, I'd like them to bring back the armor unlock system from Halo 3. I felt accomplished when I finally unlocked the Security helmet after grinding for gamerscore. Collecting skulls was tough, but rewarding. It doesn't feel so rewarding when I know I'll have enough credit to buy it if I play x amount of games. To keep other people happy, maybe they should implement both somehow.

Also, It'd be great if some of the Spartan Ops missions were Firefight-type missions, seeing how they chose to swap it out. (I'm unclear on this: will Spartan Ops "episodes" be replayable after new ones come out?)

Last, I'd like achievements for doing quirky things in multiplayer to sit this game out. There's nothing like losing a game because a guy on your team keeps getting killed trying to splatter someone in a Mongoose that gets my blood boiling.

On a side note, for preorderers/Legendary holders, there should be a code that gives you an exclusive weapon camo or something new. As cool as flaming helmets are, It'd be nice to see something different this time.

Here's my thoughts:

Overall:

-- Similar to Halo 3, with just a few tweaks from Reach.

Health:

-- Health packs (just like Reach).

Weapons:

(Human)

-- BR (5 shot kill)

-- Magnum (5 shot kill w/ 2x zoom) (dual wield)

-- SMG (dual wield)

-- DMR

-- Sniper

-- AR (32 shot clip -- enables faster melee than other weapons)

-- Shotgun

-- Frag grenade

-- Fire grenade

-- Rocket Launcher

-- Laser (4 shots total)

(Covenant)

-- Carbine

-- Plasma Pistol (dual wield -- only holds overcharge for 1 second)

-- Spiker (dual wield)

-- Beam Rifle

-- Plasma Rifle (dual wield)

-- Energy Sword

-- Needler

-- Plasma grenade

-- Spike grenade

-- Hammer

-- Brute Shot

Armor abilities:

-- Sprint only (disabled while carrying equipment)

Equipment:

-- Regen

-- Bubble shield

-- Timer mine

-- Grav Lift

Powerups (fighting over these is half the fun!):

-- Camo

-- Overshield (stops charging up if shot, instead of being invincible while it is charging up)

Spawning:

-- You get choices of where to spawn (kind of like Invasion); you are given up to 15 seconds to spawn.

-- Indicator shows if enemies are close or if enemies are currently watching spawn point, so you don't pick one that a sniper is watching.

• Like 1

If they are going to keep Armor abilities like Jet Pack, Active Camo, and Hologram, I think you should not start with them when you spawn.

Instead, have them be more like power-ups (Overshield and "old" Active Camo) where you have to pick them up at certain locations.

It gives a reason to fight over them (and over certain map locations).

get rid of the snipers wreck vehicles thing. i hated that in reach. it was ridiculous that if i was in a scorpion, it would only survive 2-3 shots from a sniper rifle. i thought they were supposed to be the armoured vehicles. if the snipers are that powerful, why wouldn't they take anyones head off when i sniped them.

Here are the words you are looking for: Shadow, Spectre, and VIP. 343, please bring them back!

get rid of the snipers wreck vehicles thing. i hated that in reach. it was ridiculous that if i was in a scorpion, it would only survive 2-3 shots from a sniper rifle. i thought they were supposed to be the armoured vehicles. if the snipers are that powerful, why wouldn't they take anyones head off when i sniped them.

In my opinion (I'm sure others agree), the snipers wreak vehicles feature is an excellent innovation. It helps balance gameplay, tipping scales away from noobs. Live with it.

Edited by One
Merged double post
  • Like 1

I would like to see dual wielding come back with weapons such as the SMG and magnums from halo 2. Im also not digging the default spartan II helmets. visors are a little funky looking, they could be wider. its supposed to be an upgrade to the armor so why have smaller visors? right?

not sure if they are getting rid of any gametypes but just because its a different agenda for the red vs blue team thing thye can still keep games like infection and rumble pit. those game types are what make halo MP better than other games.

I also think Masterchief's helmet looks too much like a BMX helmet now. i liked the old shape more

I would like everthing from campaign to be in multiplayer/forge (example: campaign falcons). I would like more interactive forge peices like switches for doors. Im sure all of us would like to drive pelicans/phantoms somewhere throughout the game. It would be cool if we could drive sabres in multiplayer and have space battles like battlefront 2.

• Like 2

Here's just a list of things I personally want to see from Halo 4:

First, I really REALLY hope they don't make the perk and customization options what I think they're going to be from recent news. One of the things that made Halo, well Halo, for me, was the way that everyone, regardless of how long they'd played the game, had access to the exact same things gameplay wise. Even in Reach, the loadouts were the same for everyone regardless of how long they'd played, do it like that again.

I want to know that someone who picks this game up a year after it's release is still able to compete with those of equal skill, and have access to the exact same set of gameplay affecting changes as some one whose been playing it non-stop since it's release. I don't mind armor decoration being an unlockable, but it should only serve as decoration, it should in no way affect gameplay.I shouldn't have to unlock any weapons in the game. I don't want to be customizing loadouts before I'm in the game, I want them to be set by the gametype, not the individual player.

Secondly, the biggest problem I have with Reach is the slowed down gameplay. It's the only game-breaker I had with reach, and it's something I'm glad to hear is being addressed with Halo 4.

Lastly, a competent ranking system. Halo 3's was exploitable and mostly unusable after a few hundred games, and no one fully understood Reach's. let us see what gives us a better rank, and how much we need to get there please.

I'm not going to claim that I won't get the game because of these things, because I'll still get it for the campaign, and I'll give the multiplayer a chance, but whether or not I'll buy any DLC for this game remains to be seen.

One more thing I want Halo 4 to be friendly to both competive players and casual players, something the player can decide is if they want to play with casual players or competive players. Like it's own server in away but more than just Rank and Social like a gametype where you can decide if you want to be a part of a casual game with friends or want to be competive against other good players. I'm a competive player most of the time but once in awhile I'd like to play with casual players and become friends with them. A casual player can become a good competive player by playing with really good players they'll get better the only way they'll get worse is if they don't try to beat these guys. I hope Halo 4 reminds me a little bit of my pro Halo 2 days and my Halo 3 days. I also wish that in the Limited edition Halo 4 that they'll give you a 3 month if I'm going to buy a $100 dollar game I want something that will benefit me I don't want some stupid Master Chief helmet. Give me something I can use please.

Thank you for letting your fans be apart of the game

• Like 2

I also wish that in the Limited edition Halo 4 that they'll give you a 3 month if I'm going to buy a $100 dollar game I want something that will benefit me I don't want some stupid Master Chief helmet. Give me something I can use please.

Thank you for letting your fans be apart of the game

You get nine extra maps. Three future DLC's...armor and weapon skins, a 90 min. video, and other digital goodies. I think they are useful. AND there are good pre-order bonuses for different retailers. I'm getting the Arctic BR and forest skin bonuses.

I'd like this type of ranking system:

You have an overall rank for buying crap and junk. Y'know, for overall ranking. Then you have a Halo 3 style rank for each playlist that matches you up with players of similar skill. That way you get no teammates who go and get killed every two seconds if you are of adequate skill. Or no epic players who rape everyone in FFA.

• Like 1