Halo 4 forge and achievements!

What a great idea to be able to place enemy AI in forge, ninjassasin. I mean, you could do anything with that much power, making videos would be easier, more entertaing ect and more importantly once we finish the campaign, we are not stuck with the dull, repiditive firefight. And on a side note, it gives players without xbox live more value for money.

You guys should keep the same kind of forge, except add things like pelicans, phantoms, and scarabs! You should also be able to place AI's, so you can create your own skirmishes. PLZ make the achievements as fun as they were in Halo 3 and reach.

Sorry not going to happen. AI's can't be in Forge. The reason why is because the AI has no way of knowing if that floor you placed was used as a wall or its intended use, flooring. So the AI would walk on the wall because it's programmed to walk on said object.

Example:

Double Wall

The AI is programmed not to be able to walk on double wall because, then they would stick to the wall. But lets say you put it as a floor. The AI won't walk on it, because the AI thinks it's a wall.

As for Pelicans, I would like them I guess. Scarabs? I don't think it's possible. If we put Scarabs in-game, the disk wont have enough space to put much else. Unless it was Blue-Ray. Phantoms seem fine too.

I want multiple Forge skins. Like snowy, desert, tropical, etc. I also want different colored objects. Not that same dull and gray color that made me want to shoot myself in the middle of creating a map on a slow, boring, and rainy afternoon.

I would also like levers. Activating doors and elevators and such.

You guys should keep the same kind of forge, except add things like pelicans, phantoms, and scarabs! You should also be able to place AI's, so you can create your own skirmishes. PLZ make the achievements as fun as they were in Halo 3 and reach.

Sorry not going to happen. AI's can't be in Forge. The reason why is because the AI has no way of knowing if that floor you placed was used as a wall or its intended use, flooring. So the AI would walk on the wall because it's programmed to walk on said object.

Example:

Double Wall

The AI is programmed not to be able to walk on double wall because, then they would stick to the wall. But lets say you put it as a floor. The AI won't walk on it, because the AI thinks it's a wall.

As for Pelicans, I would like them I guess. Scarabs? I don't think it's possible. If we put Scarabs in-game, the disk wont have enough space to put much else. Unless it was Blue-Ray. Phantoms seem fine too.

I want multiple Forge skins. Like snowy, desert, tropical, etc. I also want different colored objects. Not that same dull and gray color that made me want to shoot myself in the middle of creating a map on a slow, boring, and rainy afternoon.

Technically,yes they could.I believe that with the new engine,they could change the way ai's work.Like set the map as a horizontal plane.Then,set the ai's to where they can only walk up certain angles (ex.-90-65) eliminating your theory of flooring.

there should be a large custimization in the forge i think that it should start with a blank map and then you should be able to add the diffrent hight of the sandscape and add water and diffrent sort of thing E.G snow and sand so the forge should be more like the map editor on starcraft 2. and on halo reach you could build lots of things but only with forerunner object so you should add covernant and human object aswell.

:idea: If u can have ai's in custom games that you can change how powerful each one is like you can fight some of them as if they are easy, normal, heroic, and legendary i hope u know what i meen and if you don't I meen like Metroid Primehunters.

P.s. I was thinking of this before i got live cause it is boring just playing nothing but campain when there is so many multiplayer maps and you need like 4 different xbox 360's link to play with 16 people offline.

p.p.s.i hate u guys for announcing halo 4 AND halo:CEA at the same time because I almost had some kind of break down from excitment i wish you announced it when or after halo:CEA came out. :D :D :D

Example:

Double Wall

Although i kind of have to agree with you about the AI's, 343i could make it so you could change a walls format to a floor, therefore the AI could walk on it .and i totally agree that a scarab would be pushing it. Levers and doors would also be amazing!

• 1 month later...