[GameSpot] - The Best Things About Persona 5 Strikers: Music, Menus, Makoto, And More

343iBot

The Persona train isn't stopping anytime soon with the upcoming Persona 5 Strikers launching next month. After getting hands-on with the game, I'm mostly impressed with its shift to Warriors-style action combat and happy to be with its familiar cast of characters again for a new journey. In my Persona 5 Strikers preview, I detailed the new storyline, quirks of the revamped battle system, and the ways in which it's a lighter approach to the original game.

However, I still need room to highlight the little things that I love about the game so far--from the incredible music and flashy menus to great subtle characterizations and cutscenes. These elements have helped elevate the experience beyond a mere hack-and-slash adaptation thus far, and also remind us why we love the original game to begin with. If you want a detailed breakdown of the game’s early-goings, be sure to watch our in-depth discussion below.

New Music Worthy Of Praise

I feel like I've written about Persona soundtracks and the work of Atlus' sound team many times already, but Persona 5 Strikers gives me plenty of reasons to do it again. With folks like Atsushi Kitajoh and Gota Masuoka working with the acid jazz and hard rock foundation set by Shoji Meguro, we have more songs to jam out to.

Continue Reading at GameSpot

View the full article