Whitney Houston Dies Aged 48!

Mr Biggles

American singer and actress Whitney Houston has died in Los Angeles at the age of 48.

Police said she died in her room at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, where she had been staying as a guest.

Houston was one of the most celebrated female singers of all time, with hits including I Will Always Love You and Saving All My Love For You.

But her later career was overshadowed by substance abuse and her turbulent marriage to singer Bobby Brown.

Ms Houston died on the eve of the Grammy Awards in Los Angeles. She had been due to attend a pre-awards party in the Beverly Hilton Hotel organised by her long-time mentor and record industry executive Clive Davis on Saturday evening.

The hotel was already teeming with reporters and celebrities when police received an emergency call from hotel security at 15.43 local time (23:43 GMT), Beverly Hills police spokesman Mark Rosen told the BBC.

Police were despatched, but paramedics, already at the hotel because of the party, attempted to resuscitate her, without success. She was pronounced dead at 15:55.

Mr Rosen said Ms Houston's entourage - comprising family members, friends and co-workers - had taken over much of the fourth floor of the hotel.

"There were a number of people on scene who were able to positively identify Ms Houston for us," he said, adding that her next of kin have been informed of her death.

He said police investigators were at the scene trying to determine the cause of her death, but said there were "no obvious signs of criminal intent".

Mr Davis went ahead with the party, holding a minute's silence and telling the audience he was "personally devastated by the loss of someone who has meant so much to me for so many years".

The US celebrity website TMZ.com reported that Ms Houston had been partying heavily on both Thursday and Friday nights.

She briefly took the microphone and performed a song while out in Hollywood on Thursday, and was seen drinking and chatting loudly with friends in the hotel bar on Friday, according to TMZ.

INFORMATION FROM BBC NEWS ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-17001548 )

What a sad story, she had so much talent and her career was fine, clean as a whistle, until she married bobby brown, then it changed......Damn you bobby, you took away such a great talent. :'(

<3

• Like 2

I don't think anyone in this forum cares or even know who that is.

I think you're speaking for yourself, even if you don't know who it is, like myself ironically, you can at least think of how sad this is or pretend you care in your case. :realmad:

This is real sad news apart from my comment above, it's really sad to hear someone supposedly(I honestly don't know who they are) so talented die like this. (T-T)

• Like 1

Here is how I honestly feel.

It's sad that something like this happened, and even more so for the family and friends who have lost her. I know what it's like to lose someone close to you, it's happened to me on more than one occasion. I cannot, however, bring myself to be sad or upset over her death. Why? Simply because I didn't really know her. I didn't know her on any personal level, and so I didn't really have any emotional or personal attachment to her as a person. When Michael Jackson died, off topic I know, I didn't get upset and cry or anything like that either. I was and am a fan of his music. Love it. I just can't bring myself to get upset and bothered over the death of someone I don't know on any real emotional or personal level. I do hope for the best for the family and friends who lost her, but I personally am not affected by this on any deep level.

• Like 2

Here is how I honestly feel.

It's sad that something like this happened, and even more so for the family and friends who have lost her. I know what it's like to lose someone close to you, it's happened to me on more than one occasion. I cannot, however, bring myself to be sad or upset over her death. Why? Simply because I didn't really know her. I didn't know her on any personal level, and so I didn't really have any emotional or personal attachment to her as a person. When Michael Jackson died, off topic I know, I didn't get upset and cry or anything like that either. I was and am a fan of his music. Love it. I just can't bring myself to get upset and bothered over the death of someone I don't know on any real emotional or personal level. I do hope for the best for the family and friends who lost her, but I personally am not affected by this on any deep level.

Yes