I realized Cortana said the dumbest thing in Halo history

Lolmenade

While playing Anniversary on the mission "Halo" I heard Cortana say this after we rescued the first group of Marines.

"This cave is not a natural formation"

.... :mellow:

Think about it. YOU'RE ON A RING WORLD THAT WAS CREATED. Of course it's not a natural formation.

• Like 1

it dosnt matter if it was made by hand, every thing on that ring the grass, tress, rivers, mountains, the atmosphere etc are all artificially made BUT it is all made to imitate and act the way nature does on normal worlds so there for every thing acting the way its is intended man made or not is on the ring is acting natural and every thing that isnt is not acting naturally, so theres no flaw in cortanas quote about the caves not being in natural formation of the cave.

it dosnt matter if it was made by hand, every thing on that ring the grass, tress, rivers, mountains, the atmosphere etc are all artificially made BUT it is all made to imitate and act the way nature does on normal worlds so there for every thing acting the way its is intended man made or not is on the ring is acting natural and every thing that isnt is not acting naturally, so theres no flaw in cortanas quote about the caves not being in natural formation of the cave.

Except that it blatantly didn't look anywhere close to a natural formation... I remember the first time I heard her say that I said (out loud, mind you), "Oh you don't say!"

• Like 2

While playing Anniversary on the mission "Halo" I heard Cortana say this after we rescued the first group of Marines.

"This cave is not a natural formation"

.... :mellow:

Think about it. YOU'RE ON A RING WORLD THAT WAS CREATED. Of course it's not a natural formation.

At the time of the level Halo Cortana and the rest of the Humans knew practically nothing about the halos. So at the time it was reasonable to believe that it was some strange naturally occurring world. At the time they did not know that it had been created.

Ha, I remember the origins of the quote... gather 'round the campfire folks. it's storytime.

Wayyy back in the day, when Bungie was first crafting the iconic gamel, there were many ideas that were thrown around, with some of them scrapped, some of them used and some stuck somewhere inbetween. When an idea or object is put into a game, and then scrapped and deleted, the only remaing trace of evidence that we even know they existed at some point are developer production commentaries and concept art that is often released with special edition packages.

Very rarely though the developers miss something, much like how the renowned Kestrel was discovered. This iconic line was one such thing that Bungie missed.

Back when the level was being made, the level designers had the idea of making the famous cave... an actual cave. You know, the kind with rocks and stuff. Bungie then scrapped the idea and made the cave into that squarish-tubular forerunner formation we all know and love.

Thus, that cave was, at one point, an actual natural formation.

Bungie just missed the line when finally marrying the finished audio and the video portions, but at that point, it was too late to delete the line.

And that kids, is the origins of the cave of natural formation.

Such missings still occur to this day, with great examples to go by such as "the baking of the cake".

Except that it blatantly didn't look anywhere close to a natural formation... I remember the first time I heard her say that I said (out loud, mind you), "Oh you don't say!"

I had the exact same reaction XD