BR or Pistol in Halo 4 not DMR please

MwK Shield

I can't stand the DMR in Halo Reach thats why I never played it until they came out with the Aniversery maps where they have a playlist where there were the Halo 1 pistols. It wouldn't make sense anyway for there to be DMR's in Reach and then from Halo 1-3 it be Pistols and BRs. I also don't really want a new gun either, why try and fix something or make it better when there is nothing wrong with it.

HWell idk if i am correct on this but the army uses dmr right and the navy br and all bungie was doing is mix things up a lil lol i dont see anything wrong with it honestly and to be honest i didnt like the br much im an assault rifle guy personaly but point is games change for good or worse want your opinion heard tell 343 directly if you care a lot about it

How would I talk to them directly? Where did you hear that the army uses DMR and the Navy BR? I don't think thats how it is. I've played Halo ever since it came out 10 years ago and I had the most fun playing Halo 1 and 2, Reach completely got away from Halo with the DMR and the stupid jetpacks, sprint, armor lock, ect.

Stupid Jetpacks, Sprint, armor lock???? Halo 2 had those items for the enemy AI. Do these things ring a bell???

- Elites on High Charity/Delta halo with jetpacks

- Enraged Elites/Brutes charging you at 1.5 x speed

- Tartarus' Armor Lock/Bubble Shield style armor ability at the end battle

- Elites Camo armor ability...best experienced playing as the Arbiter.

All those things were in halo well before reach. Reach was just the first title to actually give them to you as playable items as armor abilities. The same can be said about the equipment in Halo 3.

Everything can be explouted when used the right or wrong way. Arguing that something being exploitable makes it usless or non-halo esq, or other...is like saying that the BR is not Halo because of the BXR or quad shooting you can do. AA's have their place, it's worth and halo value can only be derived by the individual player using it. it's all a matter of preference and perspective. Nothing wrong with hating or loving them, but the issue comes down to people trying to justify it on a mechanic or engine level, in which they can provide no real argument.

• Like 2

I can't stand the DMR in Halo Reach thats why I never played it until they came out with the Aniversery maps where they have a playlist where there were the Halo 1 pistols. It wouldn't make sense anyway for there to be DMR's in Reach and then from Halo 1-3 it be Pistols and BRs. I also don't really want a new gun either, why try and fix something or make it better when there is nothing wrong with it.

This OP is about weapons and has nothing to do with AA's. Why in the world bring them up?

• Like 1

No. People will do their best to find ways to use anything in a game for an unfair advantage, the job of the developers is to constantly patch the game to not allow anything to ruin peoples fun. For most of reach's life, the AA's were exploited in what most players felt like cheap ways and bungie never patched them. Players were frustrated and left because they felt this new mechanic was unbalanced. It bungie had immediately patched them or actually listened to how players felt in the beta, the community would feel very differently about them and you would see complaints like mine or Mmk Shield.

• Like 1

The only part I will argue about from the OP is the old "if it ain't broke don't fix it" part. Now I love all the Halo games even Reach. If 343 or Bungie were to keep releasing the same game even if it's "perfect" it would get stale very quickly. My best example would be Pop music, You hear a new song and think it's the best song ever until you hear it everyday, multiple times a day, you usually end up being sick of hearing it even though the song has not changed at all. In my opinion a little change is a good thing. If you don't try something new, you will never truly progress.

Why not just bring them both back? Make the bullet spread on the Battle Rifle larger so it's moderately less accurate at medium-long range, decrease the rate of fire on the DMR or add recoil to it, and you instantly have two weapons which fill different roles and can thus co-exist.

I stopped playing Halo after the halo 2 super jumps ruined it. So I missed Halo 3 and ODST. But I do miss the ol school pistol, alien sniper rifle, and other neglected weapons. Not a big fan of the DMR. I like close quarters combat So I wouldn't miss the DMR or BR if they were taken out. Unfortunately, they both have an important role of balance in Halo. Take off the TU update no bloom and add in 3 round burst to the DMR and call it good. Since this is not the place for AA I will hold my tongue and it's a good thing cause I will go off on crappy armorlock....haha

The BR is Halo 2 was not hitscan. Hitscan, is a weapon that has infinite velocity, meaning as soon as the trigger is pulled, it instantanioously reaches it's target and can not be dodged or evaded. The projectile settings on the BR state that the velocity of the prjectile is 400 world units per second. The sniper Rifle is 1200. if you were to fire both weapons at the same exact time, the sniper rifle would hit and kill the opponent before the battle rifle shot reached the opponent. Hitscan would dictate and force both wepaons to reach the target at the exact same time they are fired, and both register a hit on the opponent....resulting in either an assist for the BR weilder, or an assist for the sniper. Hitscan is only simulated....very poorly I might add.

• Like 2