Armory changes. Yes or No?

andrew4052

Would you like the armory to be updated?

Yes or No?

Why?

Would you support the removal of all non-preordered versions of the recon helmet?

Personally, all people who wear any recon helmet excluding the pre-ordered version of recon are just jealous of us who pre-ordered. (My opinion. Don't yell at me for it)

Bungie>343i

I guess I'll vote no, seeing as how they CAN'T update the armoury. If they were to add new armour or effects, we'd have to download every single map over again. That'd take up gigs of hard drive space if they did so, so it's not really feasible. No. I would and won't ever support removing the non-preordered version of the recon helmet. They couldn't even really do so anyway. You're acting pretty immature if I may say. Just because you pre-ordered the game does not mean that those who rank up and purchase the helmet do not deserve it. In my opinion, they deserve it more for their hard work and dedication to the game, where as those who pre-ordered simply get it for purchasing the game before it was released.

You're acting rather silly with your "Bungie>343i" statement. So far we've not had enough to really judge 343i besides Anniversary and updates to Reach, though both of those have given me great faith in them so far. 343 has listened to the fans and their complaints about the gameplay and addressed them, Bungie never really did that. Your "opinion" that all who wear the recon helmet being jealous of those who got it by pre-ordering is rather silly and immature, so yea. You need to grow up and stop acting so foolish.

• Like 1

I guess I'll vote no, seeing as how they CAN'T update the armoury. If they were to add new armour or effects, we'd have to download every single map over again. That'd take up gigs of hard drive space if they did so, so it's not really feasible. No. I would and won't ever support removing the non-preordered version of the recon helmet. They couldn't even really do so anyway. You're acting pretty immature if I may say. Just because you pre-ordered the game does not mean that those who rank up and purchase the helmet do not deserve it. In my opinion, they deserve it more for their hard work and dedication to the game, where as those who pre-ordered simply get it for purchasing the game before it was released.

You're acting rather silly with your "Bungie>343i" statement. So far we've not had enough to really judge 343i besides Anniversary and updates to Reach, though both of those have given me great faith in them so far. I'd also like to let you know that Bungie did hardly anything for Reach after its release. 343 has listened to the fans and their complaints and addressed them, Bungie never really did that. Your "opinion" that all who wear the recon helmet being jealous of those who got it by pre-ordering is rather silly and immature, so yea. You need to grow up and stop acting so foolish.

Bungie listend, on their home page they have a interview thing and people say they reach out to there community and not a lot of other gaming companies do that. I do agree that it's silly to say bungie>343

Bungie listend, on their home page they have a interview thing and people say they reach out to there community and not a lot of other gaming companies do that. I do agree that it's silly to say bungie>343

No, Bungie did not listen. People complained about the bloom, the double-meleeing, etc. Bungie never listened or bothered to do anything about their complaints. Whether or not they were able to, I don't know. The fact of the matter is that people had complaints and were vocal about said complaints. Bungie never did anything to solve them. 343 industries has given the fans what they asked for in regards to Reach. Bungie did nothing but change/update playlists. They never looked at the complaints on how the game worked/played and actually did anything about it.

No, Bungie did not listen. People complained about the bloom, the double-meleeing, etc. Bungie never listened or bothered to do anything about their complaints. Whether or not they were able to, I don't know. The fact of the matter is that people had complaints and were vocal about said complaints. Bungie never did anything to solve them. 343 industries has given the fans what they asked for in regards to Reach. Bungie did nothing but change/update playlists. They never looked at the complaints on how the game worked/played and actually did anything about it.

First off, Bungie did listen to the community. There were changes in playlists, tweaks here and there. They had a Forge Contest, All Star Week. As for major changes, like bloom etc they couldn't, cause at the time they were working at their new project while everything was being transferred to 343i. Thing is, you can't have all of the fans happy. Some people will always ***** about something. Even now people complain about 343i. Its just how it works. As the company, depending on your available staff and time, you initiate some changes. Problem is, when the game is being handed to 343i, you don't have either.

As for the Recon armor. Its just an armor. I don't think anyone is jealous of you man. More likely you are jealous that you had to pay a crazy ammount of money for it while alot of people got it for free. Including me.

First off, Bungie did listen to the community. There were changes in playlists, tweaks here and there. They had a Forge Contest, All Star Week. As for major changes, like bloom etc they couldn't, cause at the time they were working at their new project while everything was being transferred to 343i. Thing is, you can't have all of the fans happy. Some people will always ***** about something. Even now people complain about 343i. Its just how it works. As the company, depending on your available staff and time, you initiate some changes. Problem is, when the game is being handed to 343i, you don't have either.

As for the Recon armor. Its just an armor. I don't think anyone is jealous of you man. More likely you are jealous that you had to pay a crazy ammount of money for it while alot of people got it for free. Including me.

I never said they didn't make changes to the playlists, didn't do any contests, etc. I specifically said that they didn't make any changes based off of complaints of bloom, double meleeing, armour lock, etc. I wasn't as clear as I could have been in my previous post, but please do not misunderstand what I meant. I could have been more clear, more precise, but it was the early morning and I was tired. Again, I never said they didn't make ANY changes, nor did I say they didn't make any changes to the playlists. Whether or not they were able to change the gameplay elements that people had issue with is not the point I'm trying to make. The point I'm making is that 343i did what Bungie did not and/or could not do to address the complaints with the gameplay. Bungie cares about their fans, and they did do things. I never meant to imply that they did not. However I never noticed them addressing the issues with the gameplay that fans had. Whether or not that's due to me not seeing their posts on the subject or not, I don't know. The least they could have done, if they did not, was let their fans know that they were unable to do anything about said complaints due to the transferring of control of Reach from their hands to those of 343i. (Or for whatever reason that there may have been, if any.) That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

I wouldn't be jealous of recon armor (LOLOLOL I HAVE IT BE JELLY! jk) thats just stupid... Theres no reason to remove armor. Armor is armor its not really too much.. I mean like you could be all "Yooooooo dude, your armor looks sickkk" but I don't think its something to be jealous over. If you have skill/buy it or something, you could get it on your own.. As for armor changes/add-ons, if they didn't have to make us download every map over again, I would be for it I guess. That would be pretty cool and I guess I could always be challenged to obtain the armor and stuffs.

To me, recon looks dumb. I have Recon armor on my Nocturn account, and never wear it. And honestly, I don't care about people who preorder. They shouldn't get anything except for the game. Most people who preordered Halo Reach are still in the generals. I would like to see more armor, but am willing to wait for Halo 4. I don't like the preorder bs because Halo Reach came out just before I got back from deployment, so I wasn't able to preorder a copy to get the GS Recon helmet. It's a good thing that it doesn't affect armory completion, because I would be REALLY pissed. And no, I'm not jealous of your little trinket helmet. I wear Haz-Ops. I wanna look like a badass who can take on an entire covenant fleet, not a tiny little recon spartan.

As far as Bungie not listening Mystic, the reason they didn't do anything about the actual gameplay was because they couldn't. They didn't have the manpower or time to set up a TU like 343i did. Look how long it took 343i to do so! They aren't even completely finished with it yet! Bungie did what they could for the fans, like the contest to bring some community created content (which was something almost EVERYONE wanted at the time) to matchmaking. They had Super Jackpots, just like we asked for. They did a lot for us. However, 343i>Bungie in my opinion, because so far 343i hasn't done something that tore what we knew as cannon to pieces yet.

ms. Mystic, Pot calling the kettle black? You mean bungie didn't make you happy by getting rid of the bloom & such for you. It was their game. They could do what they want w/it. You like Tu. Tu=noob. Sigh, you finally feel listened to yeah?

"Pot calling the kettle black?" Would you care to explain just what you mean by this?

I never said I wanted them to get rid of bloom, did I? I enjoy having bloom in the game, though I prefer 85% to 100% because it rewards pacers more often than it does spammers now. I also enjoy every other change they made because it fixed an issue that was in vanilla Reach. I realise that it is their game, and they're free to do what they want with it. However if your playerbase would rather have something about the game behave a different way, I believe that you should alter the game based upon their complaints. Ever since the TU has been implemented into more playlists, I've honestly seen Reach's population go up. I swear it was over 100k the other day, something I haven't seen in a long, LONG time from playing it. That, to me, tells me that people prefer the TU, and that those who left because of vanilla Reach are coming back. (At least a few are.)

"TU = Noob", "TU = Noob". You really love throwing that around, don't you buddy? Just because I prefer the title update doesn't mean I'm a noob, nor does it mean that anyone else who prefers it or enjoys it is one. I could and did adapt to the changes that Reach made just fine, thank you very much. However after playing the TU, I can no longer stand vanilla Reach. It just feels like an unfinished game when I play vanilla. The TU changes, to me, feel like what Reach should have been. The TU fixes some issues that arose from vanilla Reach like spammers winning more often than pacers, armour lock having not very many decent weaknesses, and the infamous double melee system/beatdown situation. The TU solved these things, and I feel the game plays much better with the TU in effect. You really need to learn to show some respect towards your fellow players. Calling someone a noob because they enjoy something you don't or calling something someone enjoys "noobish" is very immature and silly. Show respect towards your fellow players and they'll do the same. I won't show you any respect until you do the same by showing some to me, which you haven't done so far. Calling someone a noob because they like the TU is immature and foolish. Grow up.

However I never noticed them addressing the issues with the gameplay that fans had. Whether or not that's due to me not seeing their posts on the subject or not, I don't know. The least they could have done, if they did not, was let their fans know that they were unable to do anything about said complaints due to the transferring of control of Reach from their hands to those of 343i. (Or for whatever reason that there may have been, if any.) That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

But they did address issues that the playlists had when they started off. Tweaked things here and there, things that the fans had problem with. Maybe not something as huge as bloom and nerfing the armor lock, but still. They did what they could to keep the community satisfied.

But they did address issues that the playlists had when they started off. Tweaked things here and there, things that the fans had problem with. Maybe not something as huge as bloom and nerfing the armor lock, but still. They did what they could to keep the community satisfied.

I know this and have not stated that they did not tweak the playlists or such. I've said in at least two or three other posts that I KNOW they did so. Please stop repeating this over and over.

I know this and have not stated that they did not tweak the playlists or such. I've said in at least two or three other posts that I KNOW they did so. Please stop repeating this over and over.

All you keep saying is that Bungie never listened to the fans and didn't address any issues concerning gameplay. But in fact they did. Please read your posts more carefully.

All you keep saying is that Bungie never listened to the fans and didn't address any issues concerning gameplay. But in fact they did. Please read your posts more carefully.

Gameplay. Not playlists or contests. The actual gameplay. They did nothing to alter the gameplay based on the complaints. I said that they didn't make any changes to how the game played based on the complaints given. For the umpteenth time, I never said that they didn't make changes to the playlists or such. That is all that I meant and from what I've seen/heard, it holds true. Why don't YOU read what I post more carefully?

Tell me, what alterations did they make to the actual gameplay of the game due to complaints made by the fans? Playlists and forge contests are not part of what I'm talking about when I say gameplay. When I say gameplay, I mean how the game PLAYS. Not the playlists, not the contests, none of that. Now why not, instead of continuing to argue over something that shouldn't have been given so much attention, we just drop this argument and move on? Hm? I think that would be best.

First of all, I can't understand the use of caps. You think you're talking to someone less smart than you, or you're just angry for some reason? Second, I call changing basic loadouts(weapons and armor abilities), weapon respawn times and areas of player respawns changes that affect directly how the game plays. Now we can drop the argument and move on.