*Revised* Title update problem

andrew4052

Alright, the last time i wrote the other post, I was pissed off due to personal reasons. Here is WHAT i really think we should do.

...Fine. I was really pissed off when I wrote that other one, so why don't we consider this?

Armor lock nerf=good

75% bloom=I can adapt, but can you consider this? 50% bloom?

Bleedthrough=No, just no. At least not this much. I don't want to be able to pump two shots into my enemy then punch him, and he immediately dies.

3 shot pistol SOUNDS perfect, but we have to remember that in Halo 1, or CE, there were TWO head shot weapons. It was also harder to get kills. Now there are rifles The pistol should be worse than the Dmr/nr, yet better than the AR.

No sword block=WTF? It's as simple as kubgd, switch weapons and shoot once. Guaranteed kill. Sword block wasn't even an issue. It's rarely seen. I know it's supposed to be a power weapon, but come on, sword block occurs once every 10 games, and the person who sword blocks usually dies anyways. (Excluding infection)

4 shot headshot weapons.=Fail. The NR is now OP because of it's auto fire. Also, the game goes too fast with the rate of fire being too high and the AR killing super quickly.

Active camo was fine just the way it is. If you want to screw around with armor abilities screw around with armor lock.

Armor lock=Why don't you make armor lock repel POWER weapons and vehicles, but be susceptible to regular weapons. That way everyone is happy.

I think that's it.

But please, just at least make the update optional. I hate having to switch playlists. BTB, since the update, is usually down 1,000-2,000 players.

Also, try to make it more fun.

Also, take away base recoon

Alright, the last time i wrote the other post, I was pissed off due to personal reasons. Here is WHAT i really think we should do.

...Fine. I was really pissed off when I wrote that other one, so why don't we consider this?

Armor lock nerf=good

75% bloom=I can adapt, but can you consider this? 50% bloom?

Bleedthrough=No, just no. At least not this much. I don't want to be able to pump two shots into my enemy then punch him, and he immediately dies.

3 shot pistol SOUNDS perfect, but we have to remember that in Halo 1, or CE, there were TWO head shot weapons. It was also harder to get kills. Now there are rifles The pistol should be worse than the Dmr/nr, yet better than the AR.

No sword block=WTF? It's as simple as kubgd, switch weapons and shoot once. Guaranteed kill. Sword block wasn't even an issue. It's rarely seen. I know it's supposed to be a power weapon, but come on, sword block occurs once every 10 games, and the person who sword blocks usually dies anyways. (Excluding infection)

4 shot headshot weapons.=Fail. The NR is now OP because of it's auto fire. Also, the game goes too fast with the rate of fire being too high and the AR killing super quickly.

Active camo was fine just the way it is. If you want to screw around with armor abilities screw around with armor lock.

Armor lock=Why don't you make armor lock repel POWER weapons and vehicles, but be susceptible to regular weapons. That way everyone is happy.

I think that's it.

But please, just at least make the update optional. I hate having to switch playlists. BTB, since the update, is usually down 1,000-2,000 players.

Also, try to make it more fun.

Also, take away base recoon

Armour Lock - I do not mind the nerf to armour lock. It's no longer abused as much, so I take that as a good thing.

Bloom - It's actually 85%, and I believe they hit the sweet spot with it. I would not want to see a further reduction. If you want to play with little bloom, just play the Zero Bloom playlist. Timing your shots now actually works more often than not now.

Bleed-through - Yes. Bleed-through solves the double melee issue that is oh so common in vanilla Reach. People would sprint up to someone and melee them twice for a cheap kill. The person being meleed would either have to a) melee back, which would be completely useless as their melee cool-down wouldn't do so fast enough to out melee their opponent, or b ) they would need to shoot their opponent even as they were closing in and hitting them in the hopes that their shields would pop. Double-meleeing was a problem, and bleed-through solved it. I like that they added it, and see nothing wrong with it. Also, which weapon are you talking about when you say "I don't want to be able to put two shots into my enemy them punch him, and he immediately dies." As far as I know, the only weapons that come close to doing that kind of damage to the shields is the DMR or magnum. Even then, it takes three shots from the DMR, and at least three or four from the magnum. I'd like to know which weapon you can put two shots into someone with, and then melee for a kill.

3-shot magnum/pistol - This magnum/pistol is only in the Anniversary playlists, so there isn't much issue with it. Its damage and firing rate has been modified in such a way as to emulate the Halo: CE magnum. There were two headshot weapons in CE, yes, but one was the sniper rifle. That's what you do with a sniper rifle, try to score headshots. Why should it be worse than the DMR/NR? If the point of the 3-shot magnum is to emulate the firing speed and strength of the CE magnum, why should they make it weaker than the DMR/NR? The DMR/NR are far more accurate at longer ranges, even when shot a bit quicker. That's kind of the trade-off you get when choosing them over the 3shot. You trade the firepower of the 3-shot magnum for more accuracy. As far as I know the, 3-shot magnum IS better than the AR.

Sword block - It's as simple as what? Sword block WAS an issue. The sword is a power weapon, and including something like sword block nerfs the swords power and usefulness as such. There are already counters to the sword, and sword block was taking it too far. If you want/need to counter the sword/a sword user, simply find the shotgun, magnum or concussion rifle for close ranges, or the DMR or NR for longer distances. There is also armour lock. So there are already plenty of ways to counter the sword. I can not tell you how many times I've seen myself or another user die after having their sword attack blocked. This happened far more than you might think. You have to get up close to your opponent in order to really use the sword, so why should I have to go through even more hoops to get a kill when I already managed to close in on the enemy? If I'm able to manage getting up closer and personal, I think I deserve to get the kill if I can aim properly when I attack.

4 shot headshot weapons (I'm pretty sure it's five shots, but we'll use what you said just for the halibut) - The NR is not overpowered. With 85% bloom, it still requires the user to pace their shots properly. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but auto-firing with the needle rifle causes it to lose its accuracy rather quickly. Not to mention that it is weaker than the DMR. I've faced people who have used the NR in 85% gametypes. It's really no more difficult to take them down with a DMR than it has been before. The game goes too fast? Not really. It still takes a bit of shooting to kill someone, even with the reduced bloom. If you can't stand the increased pace of the game, that's your own fault. The AR really needed something done to it. It was laughable to use an AR, even in close quarters. With damage bleed-through enabled, the AR actually can help kill someone rather quickly. Sure you have to now deal with the classic AR and melee combo ala Halo 3, but I'll take that over the double melee problem any day.

Active Camo - They reduced the time that you are allowed to spend in Active Camo, and I see this only as a good thing. People were able to spend way too long a time invisible and camping in a corner. Now they can't do it as much, and I'm pleased.

Armour Lock (again) - Making it susceptible to regular weapons, but allowing it to repel power weapons would make absolutely no sense. Why would a power weapon do nothing, but a regular gun like an AR or DMR be effective against it? They disabled sticky shedding, something that was very annoying if I managed to stick someone with a plasma grenade. If I manage to do so, I think I deserve the kill for the simple fact that I was able to properly time, throw, and aim the grenade. The only issue I have with armour lock's energy being reduced from taking damage now is that grenade spam doesn't really have much of a counter anymore. That's my only complaint about the armour lock nerf.

Oh? BTB is actually down players now? I've never noticed it, but I'd love if you'd show me some proof of that. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but the population of Halo: Reach has actually increased ever since they applied the title update settings to more playlists. That, to me, means that a lot of people enjoy it. Perhaps even more than the amount of people that do not. The title update is going to be tested for Team Slayer this month. If more people choose the TU variant than the vanilla Reach variant, it will be applied to Team Slayer. I like that they're testing it this way. You can't really complain about that, because if the majority of people want the TU settings, then why wouldn't they apply them? If people would rather see the vanilla Reach settings stay in Team Slayer, they will.

• Like 1

Armour Lock - I do not mind the nerf to armour lock. It's no longer abused as much, so I take that as a good thing.

Bloom - It's actually 85%, and I believe they hit the sweet spot with it. I would not want to see a further reduction. If you want to play with little bloom, just play the Zero Bloom playlist. Timing your shots now actually works more often than not now.

Bleed-through - Yes. Bleed-through solves the double melee issue that is oh so common in vanilla Reach. People would sprint up to someone and melee them twice for a cheap kill. The person being meleed would either have to a) melee back, which would be completely useless as their melee cool-down wouldn't do so fast enough to out melee their opponent, or B) they would need to shoot their opponent even as they were closing in and hitting them in the hopes that their shields would pop. Double-meleeing was a problem, and bleed-through solved it. I like that they added it, and see nothing wrong with it. Also, which weapon are you talking about when you say "I don't want to be able to put two shots into my enemy them punch him, and he immediately dies." As far as I know, the only weapons that come close to doing that kind of damage to the shields is the DMR or magnum. Even then, it takes three shots from the DMR, and at least three or four from the magnum. I'd like to know which weapon you can put two shots into someone with, and then melee for a kill.

3-shot magnum/pistol - This magnum/pistol is only in the Anniversary playlists, so there isn't much issue with it. Its damage and firing rate has been modified in such a way as to emulate the Halo: CE magnum. There were two headshot weapons in CE, yes, but one was the sniper rifle. That's what you do with a sniper rifle, try to score headshots. Why should it be worse than the DMR/NR? If the point of the 3-shot magnum is to emulate the firing speed and strength of the CE magnum, why should they make it weaker than the DMR/NR? The DMR/NR are far more accurate at longer ranges, even when shot a bit quicker. That's kind of the trade-off you get when choosing them over the 3shot. You trade the firepower of the 3-shot magnum for more accuracy. As far as I know the, 3-shot magnum IS better than the AR.

Sword block - It's as simple as what? Sword block WAS an issue. The sword is a power weapon, and including something like sword block nerfs the swords power and usefulness as such. There are already counters to the sword, and sword block was taking it too far. If you want/need to counter the sword/a sword user, simply find the shotgun or keep at a distance. I can not tell you how many times I've seen myself or another user die after having their sword attack blocked. This happened far more than you might think. You have to get up close to your opponent in order to really use the sword, so why should I have to go through even more hoops to get a kill when I already managed to close in on the enemy? If I'm able to manage getting up closer and personal, I think I deserve to get the kill if I can aim properly when I attack.

4 shot headshot weapons (I'm pretty sure it's five shots, but we'll use what you said just for the halibut) - The NR is not overpowered. With 85% bloom, it still requires the user to pace their shots properly. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but auto-firing with the needle rifle causes it to lose its accuracy rather quickly. Not to mention that it is weaker than the DMR. I've faced people who have used the NR in 85% gametypes. It's really no more difficult to take them down with a DMR than it has been before. The game goes too fast? Not really. It still takes a bit of shooting to kill someone, even with the reduced bloom. If you can't stand the increased pace of the game, that's your own fault. The AR really needed something done to it. It was laughable to use an AR, even in close quarters. With damage bleed-through enabled, the AR actually can help kill someone rather quickly. Sure you have to now deal with the classic AR and melee combo ala Halo 3, but I'll take that over the double melee problem any day.

Active Camo - They reduced the time that you are allowed to spend in Active Camo, and I see this only as a good thing. People were able to spend way too long a time invisible and camping in a corner. Now they can't do it as much, and I'm pleased.

Armour Lock (again) - Making is susceptible to regular weapons, but allowing it to repel power weapons would make absolutely no sense. Why would a power weapon do nothing, but a regular gun like an AR or DMR be effective against it? They disabled sticky shedding, something that was very annoying if I managed to stick someone with a plasma grenade. If I manage to do so, I think I deserve the kill for the simple fact that I was able to properly time, throw, and aim the grenade. The only issue I have with armour lock's energy being reduced from taking damage now is that grenade spam doesn't really have much of a counter anymore. That's my only complaint about the armour lock nerf.

Oh? BTB is actually down players now? I've never noticed it, but I'd love if you'd show me some proof of that. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but the population of Halo: Reach has actually increased ever since they applied the title update settings to more playlists. That, to me, means that a lot of people enjoy it. Perhaps even more than the amount of people that do not. The title update is going to be tested for Team Slayer this month. If more people choose the TU variant than the vanilla Reach variant, it will be applied to Team Slayer. I like that they're testing it this way. You can't really complain about that, because if the majority of people want the TU settings, then why wouldn't they apply them? If people would rather see the vanilla Reach settings stay in Team Slayer, they will.

tl;dr, nah jokes but active camo was good